Chapter VII

Call You Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The constant ringing of the doorbell made her sprang up and lazily went to check who the intruder was, leaning into the intercom monitor, “Mieun?” She asked, rubbing the sleep from herself. “Why are you here?”

“Won’t you let me come in?” Mieun replied.

Mieun made herself comfortable in her friend’s condominium unit, thanking the heavens that it was warmer in there. “You startled me, it was still four o’clock,” Chinae said as she proceeded to the kitchen to make her some organic tea.

“I’m sorry,” she followed suit, propping her elbow on the kitchen island before pulling herself a stool to seat on. “This is the only place I thought of.”

“Is there something wrong? You seem alright when you left,” she asked.

Everything was wrong. She wanted to say but she just kept silent until her tea was ready.

“If this is about an argument, you should go back and fix it,” Chinae advised after sipping from her tea, placing it on its platter. But the other shook her head, she frowned, “Then, why are you here?”

“Honestly,” she slowly said, looking in her eyes.

Right then and there, without even voicing out what she really has to say, Chinae knew that she had already gained back her memories because her eyes were not the usual confused one anymore. They held certainty just like before, when everything was not as complicated as today.

Then, suddenly, Mieun started weeping. No, this isn’t because of Kris or anything in line with him. She remembered how her own father betrayed her just so he could drift her and Sehun apart. How could her father do that? How can he use the opportunity to do that?

Chinae cradled her just like how a mother cradles her own child for comfort, “It’s okay not to be okay.” She didn’t hush her, instead she told her to just cry and let it all out; she was ready to be her shoulder to cry on for that day.

“I didn’t know how he did that. How can he possibly do that to his own daughter?”

Mieun was aware about everything. Why does her father not want Sehun for her? It was all because of her mother’s affair with his father. Yes, her father was betrayed greatly by his beloved wife and friend but that doesn’t mean he has to break them apart. Sehun and Mieun have nothing to do with their mistake and yet they were the ones paying for it.

And now the one, who was betrayed before, betrayed his own child.

“He just shows his love for you differently,” as much as Chinae hated what Mr. Choi did, she didn’t want Mieun to hate her own father. That will not make things better for them.

“I don’t even know if he really loves me as his child. He used the opportunity of my memory loss to separate me from the truth and made me marry the guy who was responsible of the accident.”

“Did you perhaps never love Kris?”

She was taken aback by her question. What does she really feel for Kris? Did she love him during the time they’ve been together? Or did she only feel that way because someone is missing in her life and she thought it was him? – Then, a few hours ago… what about that? What was the date and the moments spent at home?

Home. Was that her home?

Chinae saw the ambiguity in her eyes once again and she immediately tried to cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter