Chapter V

Call You Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris who just came back from an operation immediately went back to his office to have an hour of break. He was tired because before the operation, he did a round of checkups and a few consultations. He sighed in relief upon reaching his office.

“Dr. Wu,” a nurse suddenly popped out of nowhere. Kris swore under his breath, clutching his chest, “I’m sorry, but your wife arrived here unconscious.”

Taewon immediately ordered to transfer her daughter to undergo tests. It has been two months since he, himself, declared that his daughter is all well, but now that she lost consciousness, there must have been wrong with her again.

“What actually happened?” He asked the siblings, while they were on the elevator. He stared down at Chinae and the young lady just avoided his eyes, holding tightly on her brother’s hand. “Jongin?”

“It’s Sehun, Sir,” he finally said. He was about to reason out when they heard a ding, and Taewon said that they will talk about it later, getting off the lift as well. Jongin tugged his younger sister behind him.

.

As soon as Taewon set eyes on Sehun who came a few minute after his son-in-law did, he sent out Jongin and Chinae to take him away from them. At first, he was protesting that he received a jab from Jongin to stop troubling them when Mieun is still unconscious.

Chinae brought their orders on the table, along with an ointment for Sehun’s bruise. She didn’t know her brother could actually hit hard. “I’m sorry for this, Sehun-ah,” she apologized.

“He deserves it,” Jongin rolled his eyes. He is friends with Sehun but he needs to get treated that way for him to submit to them. His sister eyed him that he apologized in the end.

“So, are you guys not going to explain things to me now?” Sehun snapped when they went silent. They just don’t know where and how to start.

“Almost two years ago, she was involved in an accident. She forgets everyone,” Jongin started and Chinae was the one to explain everything to him. Telling him things she promised not to.

“Mr. Choi did that?” It was unbelievable for him because who would want to marry her daughter to the person who caused pain to her, right? How could he take advantage of his daughter’s condition, right?

The siblings didn’t say anything when he fisted and was determined to tell her everything she has to know. “Don’t. You can’t do that,” Chinae reached out to hold his fist. “She’s trying to cope up with her illness. If you tried anything, you’ll harm her. Now, all we need to do is to wait for her to fully recover.”

Meanwhile, back inside her room, Kris was there holding his wife’s limp hand, keeping it warm. He was troubled – no, that was such an understatement for what he feels right now. He was pulled back from his trance when a nurse came in to check her, “When is she going to wake up?”

 “In an hour, Dr. Wu,” she quickly replied, manipulating the roller clamp to decrease the flow of the IV solution. After getting and noting her vital signs, she bowed to Kris before leaving.

He rubbed her knuckled with his thumb, “You’ll be fine, right?” He sniffled, adding, “We’ll be fine, right?” He brought her hand close to him, to plant a kiss on it, reciting a prayer that if she remembers everything, nothing would change.

It was an impossible prayer, but he was asking for a miracle right now. He wants to make it possible for them because he can’t take it that when they’d separate, he didn’t even properly show how he truly feels to her. Love is something one can learn.

Then he heard a muffled voice, looking up, he witnessed Mieun murmuring in her sleep. It was a name that was first inaudible, but as she repeated it again and again, he recognized who she was calling for. “Sehun-ah, Sehun-ah,” a tear slid down her eyes, damping the pillow.

A mind could forget but a heart couldn’t. Memories will always remain in one’s heart.

A few minutes later, her eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the fluorescent light of her room’s ceiling. Kris called her name twice before she turned to look at him. She frowned, failing to recognizing the man before her, “Who are you?” Then, she looked over his shoulder, at the door, “Sehun-ah? Appa?”

She started to feel ter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter