Chapter IV

Call You Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A year passed by so quickly, they have gone back to their normal life, well except for Mieun who were just building her life again. It’s been tough but with her family, she was able to learn new things about herself.

“Oppa?” She softly knocked on his door. Yes, his door, even they live in the same roof, they never sleep right next to each other. Mieun thinks it was better that way though. “You’ll be late for work,” she continued. She knocked once again and called for him when he didn’t respond.

The door was then pulled open, Kris standing tall in his working clothes, a pair of black slacks and a gray checkered button up shirt. “You’re so noisy,” he commented, snapping in his cold tone, as he walked past her.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she mumbled, almost a whisper; this is one of the reason why she prefer that they had separated rooms, he is cold and intimidating. She proceeded to the kitchen to get his cup of coffee but he was heading towards the door; without any words, he left their penthouse.

It was lunch soon and since Mieun didn’t have school today, she decided to make a packed lunch for Kris. She was currently slicing the egg roll so it would fit in the lunch box. Then, she piled up the boxes before packing it as one.

.

The kids turned their heads altogether to the direction where they hear the voice, there their favorite doctor was standing before crouching down, grinning widely. “Doctor Wu!” They chanted, running to give him a group hug.

He played with the little humans, playing as the knight in shining armor or the villain in their little own world. Then, he spotted the lone child in the corner of the room, flipping through the picture storybook, so he excused himself from the little girls to approach her, “Chaeyoung-ie.”

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo,” she said ever so softly, smiling although she was quite worn-out after the exercise for the kids who had heart surgery.

He sat by her side, towering her that it’s easy to look at the book she was looking, “Why won’t you play with the others?”

She pouted, “It’s still tiring to play with them.”

Then, a knock came in the room, getting all the attention in the playroom. “Hello, kids!” Mieun greeted, handing each one of them a lollipop. Then, she proceeded to take a seat with the two, “Hello, Chaeyoung-ah, how are you feeling?”

She shyly responded, “I’m feeling better, eonni,” with a smile.

Kris looked away, before asking, “What brought you here?”

“I asked your secretary if you had lunch already and she said no, so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter