Chapter VI

Call You Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris stayed in his dark clinic office while everyone was waiting for Mieun to wake up in her private room. He was fidgeting, checking either his wristwatch or smartphone from time to time.

Then, his phone rang, it was Jongin calling, “Hyung, she’s awake.”

He held his breath before releasing it in an exasperatedly sigh, “Alright, I-I’ll be there,” he stuttered, ending the call at the same time.

Will she remember everything? Will she choose Sehun over me? Yeah, why would she even choose someone like me? Those were few of the thoughts that ran across his mind as he takes his steps towards her room.

Life is fairly unfair. When you realized you were attached and had fallen for someone, everything would turn and flip things over. Just as when you found happiness, something would want to take it from you. When you thought you are fixed, you are meant to be broken again.

All eyes turned to the door that was just pushed open; Kris was standing there with sagged shoulders and distressed face. “Come here,” he heard Mr. Choi say and he complied.

“Are you okay?” The first sentence he mustered to say before he felt a hand holding his. Looking down, he smiled and eventually intertwined their fingers. She remembers me.

Mieun smiled warmly, Just for today, can we pretend that you are not Kris Wu and I’m not Choi Mieun who met and got married because of a car accident and my father’s plan?

Kris leaned in, brushing her hair off her face, Thank you for remembering me. I’ll be a better man and husband to you and show you how much I love you.

That same day, Mieun was discharged from the hospital but they didn’t go home straight because of her constant beg to go on a date before they go home.

She practically dragged him towards the ice rink and asked the old lady for the largest shoes for the giant person she is with, “Thank you,” she beamed.

Slowly getting on the rink, she held onto the bars. It has been a long while since she has been on the rink. If it hadn’t happened, what opportunities could she had grabbed? Where would she be right now?

Kris followed her, “You’re good?”

Beaming a smile, she nodded, grabbing his hands and pulling him towards the center, joining few people who were enjoying each other’s company.

Then, she went away from him and towards the center of the rink, of everybody. She naturally glided on the ice just as if it was yesterday when she went in it. Spinning gracefully before she halted and bowed, everyone applauded to her.

“You were beautiful out there,” he smiled genuinely, capturing her hands in his huge ones.

But she gave back a sad smile, “That was long before,” taking a step to move past him when she almost lost her balance. Fortunately, Kris was fast enough to not let her meet the cold ground.

“He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter