Part 1

Go Away

Jihoon tapped his pen on the side of his laptop, hoping that a melody idea will magically form itself. As he tapped away, he recognised the melodic pattern as the chorus in Mansae.

‘Dammit, we already have a song that sounds just like that’ he groaned to himself.

The boy suddenly felt his throat become dry; he must have been sitting here for longer than he had thought. He should probably fetch himself a glass of water before he really gets stuck into ideas for this new album. He quickly glanced at the time on his laptop screen. It was already 10:10; wow, time really has been going quickly.

As he was about to get up to pour himself a glass of water, the door to his studio burst open.

‘Woozi, it’s 10:10!’ the intruder announced, smiling brightly while holding his fingers up to his eyes.

‘Uh… yeah I know’ Jihoon replied, resisting the urge to hit Soonyoung over the head with a guitar and drag his limp body the hell outta his studio.

‘What are you doing?’ Soonyoung questioned, sitting in Jihoon’s abandoned chair and clicking buttons on Jihoon’s keyboard.

‘Get off my chair’ Jihoon ordered.

‘No, I wanna play a game’ Soonyoung declared, exiting out of all of Jihoon’s open tabs and opening up his own.

‘What the hell are you actually doing!? You just deleted my important tabs!’ Jihoon shouted, starting to become very irritated.

Soonyoung spun around in the chair and smiled with all the aegyo he could muster up.

‘I’m sorry Woozi. But everything is okay because Soonyoung loves you’ he said, shooting the smaller boy finger hearts.

‘Well, Woozi doesn’t love Soonyoung, so get out!’ Jihoon said, folding his arms.

Soonyoung didn’t move.

‘Go before I hit you’

‘Okay, bye’ Soonyoung said, getting out of the seat and almost running out of the door.

On his way out he almost ran straight into Jun, who was headed in the direction of Jihoon’s studio.

‘Watch out, he’s not in a very good mood’ Soonyoung warned.

Jun shrugged it off and entered the studio without knocking.

‘Jihoon, I found this weird Korean proverb. Can you explain this to me?’ Junhui asked, shoving the paper in Jihoon’s face.

‘ Jun, I think it’s great that you want to learn but can you ask someone else who isn’t busy right now’

‘Like who?’ Jun questioned.

‘I don’t know Jun’ Jihoon said sarcastically ‘What about Hoshi? All he’s doing is going around telling people its 10:10’

‘But that’s important. How else will people know its 10:10?’ Jun asked.

‘Holy Jun, there are plenty of members other than me. Just go bother someone else’ Jihoon almost screamed.

Jun looked Jihoon up and down with a disgusted look on his face.

‘What have you become?’ he said, turning around dramatically and stomping out of the room.

Jihoon let out a sigh of relief. Finally, he could get back to work.

He felt kind of ty for treating Jun the way he did, he couldn’t say the same for the way he blew up at Soonyoung though; he had no regrets.

As he was about to think up more cool ideas for Seventeen’s new album, a shout was heard passing by the door.

‘Drink water’ he heard.

‘Oh yeah right, thanks for the reminder Josh’ Jihoon mumbled, standing up and waddling back over to the water dispenser.

He poured himself a glass of water and started to drink it. The water cooled his throat; he felt much better. Maybe he could even say he was in a good mood again. However, all that was ruined when a bubble floated its way into his studio.

The Hansol bubble floated over to where Jihoon was standing, waiting patiently to be popped.

‘Vernon, go away’ Jihoon stated calmly.

‘Come on bro, pop me’ Vernon urged.

‘I’m not popping you. You aren’t even a real bubble’ Jihoon rolled his eyes.

‘How dare you, I’m insulted’ Vernon gasped.

Eventually, the Vernon bubble started floating towards the door while making bubble noises.

‘I bet Seungcheol will pop me’ Vernon said bitterly, throwing Jihoon death glares as he left the room.

Jihoon sat back down, rubbing his forehead with his fingertips.

‘What the hell do I gotta do to get some peace and quiet around here?’ he questioned to himself.

At that moment Jihoon had a brilliant idea. Literally all he had to do was lock the stupid door.

In one swift movement Jihoon got up from his chair, flicked the lock on the door, and then sat back down.

Perfect. Now all he had to do was write down some ideas.

Maybe the first song on the album could be an upbeat song, with a repetitive chorus? Yeah, that was a good idea. Good job Woozi, you got this .

As he scratched his head with a pen, Jihoon had thought of yet another brilliant idea. Moving away from the laptop he set himself up in front of his keyboard.

He played a quick melody on the keyboard, nodding to himself.

‘Okay, this can be the chorus’ he told himself.

As he was just beginning to actually get some work done, the studio door flew off its hinges and landed on the floor with a thump, revealing Seokmin who was singing his face off to Pretty U.

He entered the room doing his horse gag, while Jihoon remained in his chair with his jaw dropped.

After Seokmin was done performing, he bowed.

‘I know, I know. My talent is that shocking, thank you hyung’

‘WHAT? NO! ARE YOU INSANE YOU DEMOLISHED THE DOOR!!’ Jihoon shouted ‘WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!’

‘Oh?’ Seokmin laughed nervously ‘I didn’t notice hyung, sorry. I must have been committing to the gag too much’

Jihoon face palmed.

‘What did I do to deserve this?’ Jihoon questioned.

‘What happened here?’ Seungkwan asked from out in the hall.

‘Yeah what happened to the door Woozi?’ Soonyoung said from on top of Seungkwan’s shoulders.

Seungkwan rode the unicycle that they were both riding together over to Woozi’s studio.

‘I was just singing and I think I brought the house down’ Seokmin said, bowing and blowing kisses to an imaginary crowd.

‘Bro’ Seungkwan and Soonyoung said.

‘Okay, I’m not even going to ask what you two are doing, just get away from me’

‘Well since you asked, we’re learning how to ride a unicycle’ Soonyoung said ‘I’m thinking about incorporating them into our choreography next come back. What do you think?’

‘You don’t care what I think’ Jihoon said.

‘Oh, you’re right’ Soonyoung said with a wink.

‘I’m on board’ Seokmin said ‘NCT Dream did hover boards, why can’t Seventeen do unicycles?’

‘I always knew you were cool’ Soonyoung said to Seokmin ‘Now get on, let’s go spread the good news about the new choreography to the members’

Seokmin laughed and then somehow back flipped onto Soonyoung’s shoulders.

‘Up, up, and away!’ Seungkwan announced as he began pedalling back down the hall.

Jihoon sighed, making his way back to his chair. He was the most irritated he had been in his entire life. If anyone else came into his studio he would kill them without a single thought.

‘Hey hyung…’

‘No Mingyu’ Jihoon said, not even looking up to see who it was.

‘Okay…’ Mingyu said, walking back out the door.