The Protector, the Angel.

Be my girlfriend - The Bus Ride

 

From the last episode...

 

And you heard Minwoo’s voice crack on the last word. When he turned and ran into his room, you saw a glimpse a tiny droplet escaping his face. Without hesitating, you ran after him.

You: Minwoo-ah!!

But you were too late, he had locked himself in his room and no matter how you pounded on his door, he refused to open up. Next was a blast of music. A sign that meant Minwoo was crying, and he didn’t want anyone to hear him. You heard your own heart shatter.

You: What...happened? ;A;

*The next day*

Two pandas sat next to each other in school.

You: Unnie...eottoke......
Unnie: ...zzz.
You: Help me, Unnie...
Unnie:...mmphmm…
You: UNNIE!! WAKE UP!!
Unnie: Mwa-argh? -.- Mwoya?
You: I’m in a crisis and you’re sleeping?! YOU’RE MY BEST FRIEND!
Your Best Friend: If I’m your best friend, you’d let me sleep...
You: Mwo? Yah, what happened to you? 
Your Best Friend: Some kind of rumour...spreading like wild fire... Everyone wanted answers...No one knows...Didn’t sleep at all...
You: You’re not making any sense. Is it one of your kpop stuff or something?
Your Best Friend: mmpph, yeah, whatever...let me sleep...

She wasn’t usually like this. Usually she would be a bundle of energy and ramble on and on about kpop, which you usually only listen to, and don’t really get involved, so soon she didn’t ramble on to you anymore. Though she has a few strings loose, her intentions are always good, just a little noisy. So you’re not going to let her escape this easily. You grabbed her shoulders and shook her.

You: Unnieeeee! Help meeee!
Your Best Friend: mmph...Ahh! Arasso! What is it? -.-

Finally, now she’s awake. So you poured out everything to her, explaining everything that happened since Minwoo and Kwangmin first met and carefully describing Kwangmin as ‘A’ to prevent any...unnecessary trouble. Then you showed her a note you slipped to Minwoo’s room the night before. It explained why you were at the sweet shop and there was nothing going on but he broke his thumb because of you, so you simply helped him. But this morning, the note was sitting outside of the door, crumpled and ripped in half with a huge “GEOJINMAL” sprawled with droplets of watermarks across it.

Your Best Friend: So, you’re saying your brother is mad at you because he thinks you’re going out with this...'A', and you’re lying to him.
You: Something...like that.
Your Best Friend: Okay, then before anything else, WHY does he dislike this 'A' so much?
You: I have NO idea! *Maybe because he saw him leaning on me when he was sick...but I don’t think it’s a good idea to tell her...* Maybe because I was helping him when he was sick?
Your Best Friend: That doesn’t seem very logical…Does he know him?
You: It doesn’t seem like it, the way he addressed him for the first time. *See chapter 3* He didn’t even want to remember his name, as I recall.
Your Best Friend: Then...I’d like to ask about your...relationship, with this ‘A’ person ^^
You: Well...um.....ah....I....
Your Best Friend: Well? ^^
You: Well, I MIGHT somehow feel a little bit more towards him and...i kinda feel that.....thathemightfeelthesametoo.

You said it in a rush, hoping she would miss it. Evidently, she didn’t.

Your Best Friend: Oooooooooooo! How could I have not known?? Who is it who is it?? XD
You: Yahh, help me with my dongsaeng problem! >///<
Your Best Friend: I’m not going to help you until you spill the beans!
You: >///< Oh...Alright, alright! You know the guy with the twin?
Your Best Friend: O.O NO WAY!
You: Yes way! >///<
Your Best Friend: Oh my gosh! Then are you...
You: No, we’re just friends...now.
Your Best Friend: No, I mean are you the –
Teacher: Good morning, class. Take out your textbook turn to page 288...
Your Best Friend: Aish! We have GOT to talk about this after class, arasso?
You: Ne o.o?

You wondered why she looked so alarmed and worried. Though you knew how ‘they’ would react, no one would know since you’ve only told her. Oh well, you’ll understand why later. Her reactions are always over exaggerated, this was probably nothing.

Half through the class, a student interrupted the class, delivering a message.

Student: Message for Pikachu! Please meet me at the garden behind the school after class, I want to catch you. Don’t be late. Signed, anonymous.

After the student left, everyone was fixed with confused and annoyed faces, these messages were not rare and most of the time, were just pranks to disrupt the class. Normally, everyone just brushed them off, including you. But somehow this time, you had a feeling that that message was for you.

You: *Could that message be from...Kwangmin? >///< I know he’s shy...so is this his way of confessing...? >///< ‘Pikachu’...’I want to catch you’...>///<*

*After class*

*Bring!!*

You hurried and swept all of your things into your bag and proceeded to sprint out of the class.

Your Best Friend: Yah! I have to talk to you!
You: It’s okay, I’m sure that can wait for another time ^^ I’m kinda in a rush now, so...gotta go! Bye, see you! *I do NOT want her to find out I’m going to meet Kwangmin, or who knows what she could do with that big mouth of hers >.<*

There’s another thing about your best friend, she has a HUGE satellite! She not only has the latest gossips at hand, she also provides them! But she has never hurt you in that way...not intentionally anyway, she just has a big mouth. You’ve told her everything, everything except the Kwangmin-thing, it was a secret the minute you met him. So you ran with all your might, hoping that you won’t miss Kwangmin, the note did say not to be late.

*A few minutes later*

You: *puff, puff, I think I’ve made it*

You look around the beautiful garden, flowers were blooming and splendid aromas surrounded the area. The antique fountain with intricate designs sat delicately in the middle of the garden, spewing crystal clear water. It was a perfect place...to confess your feelings...You made up your mind, whatever Kwangmin wants to tell you, you’re going to tell him how you feel.

You: *I’ll tell you. I’ll tell you I’ve liked you ever since I’ve met you ♥*

As you were taking deep breaths, you searched for Kwangmin, and that’s when you spotted a balloon painted like a pokeball tied to a rock in the middle of the fountain. You walked closer, and your heart skipped a beat.

Written in marker, the balloon read, “Pikachu, I like you, if you like me too, please nod. –Kwangmin”

Melting at Kwangmin’s sweetness, you gently nodded. Then you heard a rustle behind you.

You: Kwangmin? >///<

But it wasn’t him.

???: So, it’s you.

You turned around, only to see about a dozen of girls your age. But you didn’t recognize any of them. They were wearing the same uniform as you were, so they must be from other classes. They were all smiling grimly, and the middle one seemed to be the leader, she was crossing her arms. They advanced you slowly, until you were surrounded.

You: Umm, what’s going on..?
Leader: Oh, don’t sweat darling, it wasn’t really Kwangmin, we forged that message, same goes with that balloon.
You: *Oh no, it couldn’t be...*
Leader: Yes, it’s us. We’re the fan club members of Jeongmin, Youngmin and Kwangmin, Minnies, and I’m the vice president. And you...

She pointed you with her perfectly manicured fingers as if you were a dead fly in her cake.

Leader: You must be the so-called Pikachu.
You: This must be a misunderstanding.....
Leader: Oh, puh-leese! This is no misunderstanding. A few of us have seen you in the sweet shop yesterday and dongsaeng called you Pikachu. Of course, we weren’t worried because Jeongmin oppa covered for you. But then our president posted a picture of some GIRL feeding Kwangmin afterwards and we knew it was you. We just had to do a little research, and some set a little trap. And you fell right into it ; )

Then she gestured to the student announcing the message just now. So, she's one of them...

You: I don’t understand what you are talking about...
Leader: Of course you don’t know what we’re talking about! We are Minnies, we exist to protect them! And the 3 mins belong to everyone; no one should selfishly have any of them to themselves! Dongsaeng is an exception because she’s grown together with them and we all accept her, but you! You are nothing! Do you really Kwangmin will like you? Please, look at you! You’re not pretty, you’re not even smart! I bet you had extra math to get closer to Youngmin to get to Kwangmin too, am I right? Or are you eyeing on BOTH of them? There was a rumour someone confessed to Youngmin, could it be you? What a tramp!

And with that, she slapped you on the cheek, sending you falling into the fountain.

*Splash!*

You held your scarlet cheek. It was burning, but you’re not going to shed any tears, you’re not going to give them any satisfaction. But what she said afterwards crushed your heart.

Leader: I’ve heard you even hurt your little brother because of your selfishness. What a horrible sister, ignoring her little brother to flirt with guys who don’t even like her. How pathetic! Did you have a big fight? He doesn’t want to talk to you now, isn’t it?

And that really broke your heart, bringing tears to your eyes. You looked away, hiding your tears, which only made the girl happier. Not only did she remind you of Minwoo, but...Who could have known? You’ve only told one person... Puzzled and heartbroken, your tears started betraying you. Glad that it’s getting to you, the leader pressed on, unsatisfied.

Leader: Not only that, it seems that you can never stop hurting guys too! Kwangmin was just being nice to you and you thought you were everything to him! Recently, he was said to be really tired and once he didn’t come to school, rumoured to be sick. Now his thumb is broken and this all happened days before you appeared, I bet you had something to do with it!

You: No! It’s not true! I would never want to hurt him, I like him!

Enraged, the leader lifted her hand and attempted to slap you again. You turned your face, bracing yourself for the pain.

*Piak!*

But no pain came.

???: Nae yeoja son daeji ma! Don’t touch my girl!

A shadow loomed over, then a jacket wrapped around you, and you smelled the essence of jasmine.

???: I’m only going to say this once. Leave. Her. Alone.

Then someone grabbed your hand, and ran. You didn’t know where you were going amidst the tears, but you felt safe, because as long as it’s with him, you would go anywhere.

Soon your tears cleared out enough so that you could see. The first thing you saw was Kwangmin’s face. You’ve never seen him with such a serious and determined face. (It was kinda scary) But the thing that stood out most; was his single reddened cheek...

Before you realized it, you’ve reach the bus stop. Kwangmin stepped in first, and messily rummaged his pocket, fished out some money and paid both your fees, all the while never letting go of your hand.

After doing so, he pulled you in front of him, finally let go of your hand, and caressed your face, being extra gentle around the red marks – marks made by the girl earlier.

Kwangmin: Gwenchanayo?

Other than his cheek, his eyes were red too, and there were obvious tear marks around his eyes. He looked even more in pain than you were, and you know that you were the reason. Even though the red mark burned, you nodded, unable to bring yourself to hurt him anymore.

After seeing you said you were safe, he wrapped his arms around you and held you as tightly as if he and never want to let go. In his embrace, you felt a rapid heartbeat that wasn’t yours, it was Kwangmin’s. You felt a sting in your nose and started sobbing uncontrollably.

Kwangmin: Jwesonghamnida, jwesonghamnida, jwesonghamnida...

In Kwangmin’s embrace, you fell into a train of thoughts...It all happened 2 years ago...

.

.

.

You: Aigoo! How can I oversleep on today of all days?? And the first exam is Maths! I won’t even have time to finish it, now I’m going to be late! Omo, the bus! Yah, chamkamanyo! Yahh!

So you ran as fast as your legs could take you to the bus stop, and just your luck! The bus doors were already closing and there was still some good distance between you and the bus.

You: Chamkamanyo! *huff*I have a math exam to get to! Ajusshi! *Aigoo, how could the bus driver hear me?*

Just as you were mentally scolding yourself for wasting energy to call for the bus driver, the bus miraculously stopped. You used up all your energy and ran for it.

You: *Bus driver ajusshi, you’re an angel!*

But that thought quickly changed when you reached the bus stop.

Bus Driver: What’s wrong with you?! Are you mad?

And you froze there, wondering what you did wrong. But it turns out he wasn’t talking to you.

???: Jwesonghamnida, Jwesonghamnida, Jwesonghamnida.
You: o.o?
Bus Driver: What do you think you’re going? Michyeosseoyo?!  Wanting to get off right after you board the bus!
???: Jeongmal mianhaeyo, it was an accident.
Bus Ride: Do you want to ride the bus or not?!
???: Ne, I do, mianhaeyo.
Bus Ride: Aigo jinjja, teenagers nowadays. Just sit down! ppalli!
???: Ne, jwesonghamnida.
You: *.........Could he have done it...for me?*

Then suddenly the bus did a sharp turn and you whipped back to reality. Kwangmin had already let go of you, but as the bus turned, everything fell to your side, and you were pinned to the wall of the bus. But nothing fell on you, because Kwangmin was like your own shield, blocking anyone from pushing you, his hands on the walls for support. He was so close, you could smell his unique jasmine scent. This scene strongly reminded you of a scene where the guys would kiss the girl of their dreams...

He was always like this, always protecting you, ever since you’ve met him. And somehow someway he would hurt himself, and then end up apologizing. You and Kwangmin’s eyes met and you made up your mind.

You: Mianhaeyo, Kwangmin. ;___; Let’s not see each other again.

And you pushed him away and got off the bus.

 

 

THE END...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...of Chapter 11 :D heehee. Troll~

 

 

*to be continued*