High temperature hotness

Be my girlfriend - The Bus Ride

From the last episode...

You tried to peel yourself away from Kwangmin without waking him but as you moved a little, Kwangmin's eyebrows knitted slightly and he tilted his head, in turn using your head as a pillow.

You: *>///< Eottoke? Eottoke? If I wake him up, he would know that I knew that I leaned on his shoulder, it’s going to be so awkward! But if I don’t wake him up, I’m gonna die from embarrassment! And he’ll still know that I know that I leaned on his shoulder and it’s still going to be awkward!*

You inhaled Kwangmin’s aromatic jasmine scent to calm your rapidly beating heart, but it didn’t help much, seeing as the areas where you have physical contact with Kwangmin were getting warmer, as in, really warm. As much as you like this position, you couldn’t help but think it wasn’t supposed to be like this, you can even feel his heavy breaths! After all, you’re not even in a relationship……yet. So after 15 minutes of decision making, you decided.

You waited for a bump in the road and as the bus jumped a little, you took the chance to move your head away from Kwangmin, straightened yourself and pretended you were still sleeping. Why create awkward moments, right? Without your head’s support, Kwangmin, of course, lost balance and instead fell on your shoulder. This sudden change of position woke Kwangmin up, success! Though you kinda miss the jasmine aroma, you stayed still and planned to ‘wake up’ naturally. But who knew, Kwangmin changed your mind.

Kwangmin: Aigoo, how could I?
You: …
Kwangmin: I was supposed to protect you, but instead it looks like you’re protecting me…
You: …??
Kwangmin: All because…I…I……
You: …!

You felt your heart skip a beat, why does he have to protect you? What is he going to say??

Then, you felt Kwangmin heavily weighed down on you, his skin burning and his breathes heavy. Then it was silence. You figured this would probably be the perfect time to ‘wake up’.

You opened your eyes and saw the real state of Kwangmin. Dark circles lingered beneath his closed eyes, cold sweat his pale face and his breaths burned.

You: Kwangmin-sshi? Kwangmin? Gwenchanayo? Kwangmin-ah!

You gently patted his cheeks to wake him up, only to feel his scorching skin. That heat wasn’t because of your shyness, it was Kwangmin’s body temperature!

You: *gasp!*

You struggled to straighten him up, but he was so heavy he just collapsed on you. Desperate and really, really scared, you thought of the only one who could help. You took out your mobile and punched in numbers speedily, ignoring your blurred vision.

You: Yoboseyo? Minwoo-ah! My... my friend is unconscious and is probably suffering from a high-temperature fever and I don’t know what to do! Eottoke?? ;A;
Minwoo: Calm down. What happened and where are you.
You: M-my friend suddenly collapsed and, and the skin is r-really hot, sweating cold sweat and not responding!
Minwo'o: Okay, Deep breaths. Where are you now.
You: I-in the bus.
Minwoo: Are you near home yet?
You: Ne, I t-think so.
Minwoo: Okay, first, see if anything around is making your friend behaving like that. Is she near a heater or things like that. Then if she makes no response and you’re sure she’s unconscious, wipe away her sweat then put some water on a handkerchief or something then place it on her forehead to cool her off. I will be waiting at the bus stop and we’ll decide what to do next, okay? Calm down.
You: N-ne, gomawo! See you later ;__;

You took a few more deep breaths to calm yourself, you were so scared now you didn’t even bother to correct Minwoo and clarify that Kwangmin is a ‘he’ not a ‘she’.

Then you got to work. After using all your might to straighten up Kwangmin, you looked around and saw that there was no heater but the air-conditioner was directed straight at him. Thinking extreme coldness would probably be very bad to him, you switched seats with him so he won’t be exposed to it. Then you took out some tissues and carefully wiped away the sweat on Kwangmin’s face, neck and hands. And finally you substituted the handkerchief with a wad of tissues, you wet it a little with some water from your water bottle and placed it across his forehead.

You let Kwangmin lean on your shoulder, hoping he would be more comfortable. Although Kwangmin’s body temperature didn’t change much, at least his breaths started to even out a little. Thank God for Minwoo’s leadership qualities! Not long later, you arrived at your stop, and Minwoo climbed in the bus, but his reaction was far from what you expected.

Minwoo: Yah! What are you doing to my sister?!
You: ……
Minwoo: Noona! What is that guy doing leaning on you?! And where’s your friend?
You: Dongsaeng, he IS my friend.
Minwoo: Mwo?!
You: Just hurry up and help me get him off the bus please?

Though Minwoo looked like he wanted to tear Kwangmin apart, he softened up immediately after seeing your reddened eyes. So together, you and Minwoo helped Kwangmin get to your house.

 

*Some time later in your house*

 

Luckily, your parents weren’t at home. You have an idea what they’re going to do if they see Kwangmin and you definitely don’t like it. You were bringing Kwangmin to your bedroom in case your parents came home, when suddenly Minwoo stopped moving.

Minwoo: Andwae.
You: Mwo?
Minwoo: He goes into my room.
You: Waeyo? I’m not even allowed in your room -.- *What? Does he want to get me busted?*
Minwoo: I insist.
You: Then…I get to go inside too. *He’s definitely not going to agree to this.*
Minwoo: ……Fine.
You: o.o! ……And you have to keep this a secret from mom and dad?
Minwoo: ……Agreed.

You were in total shock; Minwoo has never allowed you in his room since you moved into a new house where he “matured”. At least that’s what he said. So you wondered why he would suddenly break his own rules when you wanted to bring Kwangmin into your room. So, you cautiously stepped into his room. And what you saw was rather…overwhelming.

Minwoo’s room was like a mini dance studio. One of the walls was a huge mirror and there were posters of famous dance groups and then there was the impressive surround sound system. Wow. As you marveled at this new discovery, Minwoo placed Kwangmin on his bed and measured his temperature.

Minwoo: Noona, are you going to stop gaping at my room and care for your boyfriend? -.-
You: Mwo?! What are you saying, he’s…he’s not my boyfriend.
Minwoo: Oh, so he’s your crush?
You: A-aniyo! Yah, is he okay?
Minwoo: His temperature is 39o, yep he has a fever. Was he in any extreme conditions?
You: Does…extreme coldness count?
Minwoo: How long did it last?
You: About…45 minutes?
Minwoo: What? He couldn’t be that weak could he?
Kwangmin: *koff*
You: Kwangmin-ah? Are you okay?
Kwangmin: Where…am I?
Minwoo: My bedroom.
Kwangmin: W-what…happened?
Minwoo: Basically, you fainted and we dragged you here.
Kwangmin: Jwesonghamnida, I-
Minwoo: Save it, do you have your parents number, I’ll call for them so them can come pick you up.
Kwangmin: Gwenchanayo, I’ll…I’ll just walk home.
Minwoo: Michyeosseoyo? Are you crazy?! Stop making my sister worry! Noona, you go make something for him, he looks like he’s going to faint. Meanwhile, I’ll call his family.

You didn’t want to mess with Minwoo when he’s mad, so you scurried to the kitchen and made some warm cocoa for Kwangmin.

When you re-entered Minwoo’s room, you saw that Kwangmin was sitting up and Minwoo was nowhere in sight.

You: Here, have some cocoa.
Kwangmin: Gomawo…

You sit beside him in silence as he took slow sips and colours returned to his face. It didn’t feel awkward because you couldn’t stop marveling at Minwoo’s room.

Kwangmin: Mianhaeyo…
You: Waeyo? Did Minwoo say something to you? Don’t worry, he’s always like that. He’s actually very caring, if a little bossy ^^
Kwangmin: But all the trouble I caused you…
You: It’s okay, think of it as a repayment for yesterday ^^
Kwangmin: Andwae, how about…I’ll treat you to…an afterschool snack tomorrow? If you don’t mind…

In your heart, you were jumping up and down screaming yes. But that after school math tuition you promised…

You: ……
Kwangmin: You can invite your brother too, if you…. It’s okay if you don’t want to.
You: *NOOO I want to! But I can’t…and I definitely don’t wanna tell you my math is horrible to the point I need after school tuition.*  Mianhaeyo, Kwangmin...I’m…I’m busy.
Kwangmin: Oh, um, it’s okay, maybe some other time.
You: *No, don’t think that I don’t want to go out with you!* Well, I-

You tried to think of something to save yourself when suddenly Minwoo came in. Saved by Minwoo, or so you thought.

Minwoo: Hey, person on my bed, your car is here.
You: Minwoo-ah! Kwangmin has a name.
Minwoo: Sorry for disturbing you 2 love birds, but I think the patient needs his rest -.-
You: …
Kwangmin: Jwesonghamnida, Minwoo-sshi. And…thank you, I will be leaving now.

So (both of them!) without a look at you, Minwoo helped Kwangmin up as someone knocked on the door. You went to open the door for them and there stood a perfect duplicate of Kwangmin, with a different hair colour.

Youngmin: Annyeonghaseyo, Youngmin imnida.
You: Ne annyeonghaseyo. *Wow, I knew he had a twin, but the twins really do look alike.*

Then Minwoo brought Kwangmin over and handed him over to Youngmin. After Youngmin brought Kwangmin to their taxi, you noticed Minwoo couldn’t keep their eyes off them.

You: Yah! Dongsaeng!

Waving your hand in front of him, he woke up from his trance.

Minwoo: Noona, there’s......two of them? o.o
You: They’re twins, pabo.
Minwoo: oh......

After Kwangmin was settled in the taxi, Youngmin walked back towards you.

Youngmin: Jwesonghamnida, my brother caught a cold last night when he walked home. Then for some reasons he couldn’t sleep too, so I guess the cold could’ve worsened. Neomu kamsahamnida for taking care of my dongsaeng.
You: ......Jinjja? Oh...Gwenchanayo, he helped me a lot too.
Minwoo: ...Tell him to get well soon, my sister’s worried.
You: Yah!
Youngmin: Ne, I will transfer your message. We will be going now. Kamsahamnida, goodbye.
Minwoo: Ne, goodbye.
You: Goodbye..........*He had to walk home because he wanted to save me from a creep, then he couldn’t sleep...was it the same reason as mine? And today, he didn’t want me to hit my head on the bus chair, so he sat on a seat where the air-condition was the strongest...and last but not least I might’ve hurt him by rejecting his invite...oh Kwangmin, I’m so sorry... ;__;*

 

*the next day, after school*

 

Again, you didn’t sleep well yesterday, because you can’t get Kwangmin and Minwoo off your mind. For some reasons, Minwoo absolutely refused to talk to you. He even ignored you when you about successfully entering his room, but at least he said nothing to your parents. And Kwangmin, oh...you couldn’t even bear to think of him without feeling the need to cry. But luckily you can avoid tearing up in public, so you wait emotionlessly in an empty classroom, waiting for your math teacher and your assigned tutor.

Just when you thought your world is drained of colours forever, your teacher entered, with a hooded figure following behind her. That tall figure, those broad shoulders, that straight nose, those double eyelids and that flawless complexion, could it be..? o.o!

*to be continued*