Chapter 6

Magic in the Stars

 

Epilogue

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I shivered as I turned away from the two lovers. God, if I didn’t know better, I would have thought they were forced to leave each other forever, which was totally not true.

“Ahem, if you don’t mind Mike, Hebe and I have to go.”

Hebe signed and Mike frowned.

“Hey, I’m not the one who bought the wrong ticket.”

Yes, Mike the big idiot accidentally bought a United Airline ticket to Taipei, our destination, instead of a Cathy Pacific Airline ticket, which Hebe and I bought. Wonder how he graduated with high honors. Maybe he bribed his teachers?? Hmmm…

“Plus, I don’t think it will kill the two of you for not seeing each other.”

“You never know,” Mike smiled at Hebe.

I stuck my tongue out at them. “Well, I will make sure Hebe won’t die!”

They kissed each other one last, LONG time before Hebe would finally go check in with me. All these mushiness was already making me sick. Goodness that they were not together in the 15-hour-flight.

.

After all the kisses and hugs and some long good byes and I love you and all that, Hebe and I finally boarded the flight. She must be tired from all those good-byes and stuff because she fell asleep as soon as the plane was on the air.

Peace and quiet at last.

Peace was great, but the silence disturbed me because almost instantly my mind was thinking about him again.

I shouldn’t though.

I thought I was over with him.

Wait, I was. It’s just that I can’t make myself forget about him.

I signed and looked down at my feet, and that was when a magazine caught my attention.

“Excuse me, Ma’am,” I asked as politely as I could to the lady sitting next to me. She had short hair dyed brown that matched her chocolate-brown eyes. “Is it okay if I take a quick look at your magazine?” I pointed to the one that was half sticking out of her hand bag.

“Sure,” the lady smiled at me. Her smile and her eyes looked familiar, but I always say that when I meet someone new.

I nudged Hebe, who replied me with an annoyed “Yes?!”

“Look.” I pointed to the magazine cover before Hebe gasped “Oh my god!” and grabbed the magazine out of my hands.

Hebe’s exaggerated reaction answered my fear. Tears were b on the edge of my eyes. I simply could not take it.

“Aaron Yan, the infamous player of the marvelous city Taipei, is seen going out with a model known as Tiffany Xu. It isn’t surprising that Aaron is dating Tiffany. He is well known to be interested in y women and having one night stand with them. It won’t be long until Aaron will be seen with another woman…”

Hebe trailed off.

So he ditched me for a model?

I was just a toy to him?

I have given my chastity away to an infamous player?!

And to think that he had loved me the whole time!

Hebe hugged and soothed me. “It’s okay, Gui Gui. It’s alright. I’m here for you. Cry all you want.”

The funny thing is, I can’t even bring myself to cry. Sure my tears are just hanging on to my eyelashes, but they simply won’t come out. Perhaps I have wasted enough tears on a heartless man who didn’t love me at all.

Pulling away from Hebe, since she is almost suffocating me, I smiled and said, “It’s alright. He’s not worth my tears anymore.”

Turning to my side, I returned the magazine to the lady, who has witnessed the whole scene.

“It’s okay honey. I’ve read that magazine inside out already. Keep it if you like.”

“Yeah, keep it, and make a dartboard out of it!” Hebe suggested excitedly. Sometimes she just had the strangest yet funniest ideas ever. Perhaps I will consider Hebe’s suggestion.

After stuffing the magazine into my bag, I thanked the lady.

“No problem. Just a word of advice. Don’t believe those gossip magazines.” She winked at me and left me confused.

What did she mean by that?

Now that I looked closer at her, she sort of resembled Aaron, like her eyes and mouth, but then I always think everyone resembles Aaron ever since he left. Silly me. I still can’t forget about him.

Oh well. I will be starting a new life in Taipei. I will forget him in about a month of time.

---

This is officially where my writing ends for this story. Whether fate will bring Gui Gui and Aaron back together is for you to interpret. She's going back to Taipei, something just might happen there...=]

It's different. Hopefully it's okay and you guys enjoyed it!

Thank you so much for reading and supporting!

Kimi