Chapter 7

A Cruise To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YURI'S POV

After Jessica told me about her special condition, I didn't leave my cabin for days. Most of the time, I'm stuck in my bedroom doing nothing but to stare at the ceiling, and think about the angel who brought joy back into my life within just days after meeting her. I thought about how my world slowed down during the first time our eyes met, how she colored my world in her own simple ways, how I fell in love with her within just two weeks after we met, and what might be the difficulties she's going to face once her world becomes voided with color.

I felt empty in the days that I didn't hear Jessica calling my name in her sweet voice. The feeling that resulted from not being with her was far worse than what I experienced when I lost my fiancé. So for that reason, I arrived with the conclusion that I truly need Jessica in my life, and that it doesn't matter whether she'll still be able to see me in the future or not.

"Please don't push me away," I said while hugging Jessica in a manner that seemed like I'm holding onto my life. She didn't return my embrace as soon as I locked her in my arms. But I didn't let it bother me because I know that she was just surprised with my action. "Don't tell me that it's okay for me to leave you because I'm not gonna do it Sica. I will not leave you. I don't care if one day your eyes won't be able to see me. What matters the most is that you're with me."

I waited patiently for Jessica to say something. When she brought her arms around my back and nestled her face at the crook of my neck, I knew then that she believes my decision to stay by her side. Her faith in me is much stronger than what I have for her. It's more than enough reason for me to continue loving her.

If Dong Wook is a rare kind of gem I found when I was suffering from my parents' death, then Jessica is the rarest kind of gem which I found when I decided to confine myself in this residential cruise ship. She made my stay in this ever moving domicile as something worthy to be remembered. Leaving her just because of her special condition is a choice only a foolish person will make.

"Thank you," she said while cupping my face with her warm hands. Her tears were continuously streaking down her cheeks, but she still looks as dazzling as she used to. "Thank you for choosing to stay with me, Yuri. You made me so happy for coming up with that decision. Again, I'm so sorry for not telling you sooner about my condition. I'm sorry if I waited for weeks before telling you about it. I was just really afraid that-"

Jessica's once again going to say her reasons for not telling me sooner that she has RP. Hence, I cut her off with a shush. Being afraid of what I might think regarding her condition is normal. She doesn't need to explain herself because I clearly understand how she feels. "It's okay Sica," I said to ease her worries. "I understand why you didn't tell me about it during the days we're still getting to know each other. There is no need for you to say sorry. What is important is that you told me about it and didn't wait for me to hear it from other people. What you did shows how much you trust me and I'm really glad to know that. I'll always be grateful to you for trusting me this much."

Jessica smiled contentedly and hugged me. And for the second time, she thanked me for choosing to stay by her side and also whispered how much she missed me. I pulled away to palm her face and to stare at it for as much as I want. I missed looking at her and watching her staring at me too. If I felt like I couldn't breath within the week that I didn't show up to her, how much more if I decided not to stay by her side?

"I love you so much Jessica Jung," I said as sincerely as I could. I'm not great at being poetic when confessing my love, yet I still tried so that I can make her happy. "Even if your world will become pitch dark, worry not because I will be your eyes. I will be there for you everytime you need me. You will not be a burden to me, Jessica. I will never look down on you because of your condition."

My angel's eyes glistened with joy because of my words. Holding at my jacket's lapel for support, she tiptoed to plant a kiss on my lips. It was supposed to be just quick but I didn't let her pull away sooner. I brought her closer by locking my arms around her waist. I kissed her passionately, in a manner which I know will be effective in telling her how much I love being with her, and also of how thankful I am for having her.

"D-Did I do something which I shouldn't?" I asked worriedly when Jessica broke our lip lock. I'm certain that I didn't do anything that might have hinted her that I want something more than a kiss. But I still asked just to make sure I'm not making the wrong assumption.

Jessica shook her head to indicate a no and then smiled shyly. "I'm...I'm just thinking about my friend. She's probably being impatient by now for having to wait for me, so I need to return to my room as soon as possible," she explained, which reminded me of the unfamiliar woman she's chatting with at the veranda of her cabin. Somehow, I felt relieved after knowing that she's just Jessica's friend. "Can I use your bathroom? I need to wash my face and ensure that my eyes don't look swollen. Tiff will bombard me with questions if she'll notice that I cried."

I smiled at how adorable Jessica sounded while asking for my permission. I released her from my arms and planted a chaste kiss on her forehead. "My cabin is also your home so my permission is not really necessary. I'll wait for you here. Just call me when you need anything, hon."

Her cheeks turned red when I addressed her as 'hon'. She scurried to the bathroom and when she has shut the door, I went to my bedroom to apply a light make up. My eyes grew weary after days of lacking sleep and thinking about Jessica and her health condition. But now that we're okay, my dark orbs looked more alive. It only proves how effective Jessica is in bringing joy back into my life in just a flick of a hand.

---

Once certain that it's not obvious that she cried, Jessica returned to her cabin together with me. She introduced me to her friend named Tiffany Hwang, who was born and lived in Incheon for five years before she and her family moved to California. She looks like a nice and sweet person, especially when her eyes turn crescent when she smiles. She is also beautiful and elegant just like Jessica, but she seems to be bubblier and more outgoing than her friend. However, when Jessica mentioned en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter