Chapter 12

A Cruise To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA'S POV

Tiffany left in the morning that followed the night she confessed her feelings for me. I tried to convince her to stay. I tried to make her talk to me in order to find ways to solve our current issue because the last thing I want for our friendship is for it to be broken by conflicts left unsolved. Unfortunately for me Tiffany didn't listen to my plea. Instead she just told me that it's best if we will not speak and see each other for a while. I'm strongly against but she insisted for me to let her go. So with a heavy heart, I watched my friend leave The Queen City of the Sea.

Losing Tiffany is like losing a part of myself. It's depressing. But because I do not want to make other people, especially Yuri, to worry about me, I pretended that I'm okay whenever I face them. However, not everyone were fooled by my feigned joyful countenance. Even my mother knew just by listening to my voice that something is off with my life.

"Just give her time sweetheart," my mom said after I told her exactly what happened. "It may not be something you consider as a healthy choice, but for Tiffany it probably is. It probably is what will really help her realize that she can only be your bestfriend and not more than that. Don't worry yourself too much Jessi. You and Tiffany had been friends for a long time. I believe that one day, she will be back on your side as the cheerful friend who's always there to support your decisions."

"Are you sure about it mom?" I asked, feeling as hopeless as I was when I first learned of my condition. No matter how much I tried to be optimistic, a part of me felt like it's impossible for me and Tiffany to return to what we used to be.

"I am one hundred percent sure," mom replied with utmost certainty. "Remember that Tiffany loves you Jessi, not only as a friend but something more than that. That is why I am certain that she will not waste the long years you spent together. You just have to wait patiently my dear child."

Listening to my mother's advise somehow cheered me up. She really do know the right words to tell me in situations like these. "Thank you mom. Thank you so much for always being there for me."

"You are my daughter Jessica. As a mother, I am willing to do anything for you. During my tough times you were my source of strength. I am simply serving the same role for you."

Now that my mother indirectly mentioned about her past, I was reminded to ask her something about my father. "Mom?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know a guy named Rico Delano?"

There was silence in the other line. It was as if my mother was shocked with my query. "How did you know him?" she finally spoke.

"I'm currently working for him. He gave me the task of redesigning the old café here in this cruise ship. He'll be managing an Italian restaurant under the order of someone he calls his boss. Am I wrong to assume that the boss he's talking about is Jung Woo Sung?"

My mother was silent for another minute before she replied. "Have you met...that Jung Woo Sung?"

"Not yet. Mr. Delano said that his boss will only visit this place if the restaurant will click. So... do you know Mr. Delano? Is he someone who is aware that I am Jung Woo Sung's daughter?" 

"Yes. He is your father's bestfriend. He is also your godfather. Jessi, whatever happens do not let your father take you from me. From what I heard he doesn't have an heir. So this could possibly be one of his tactics to get close to you, to earn back your trust. I don't want to lose you Jessica. I'm willing to give up everything that I have but not you. Don't let him take you away from me okay?"

It's the first time I heard my mother's voice shaking in fear. I do not want her to be afraid because of me so I assured her that whatever happens, whatever my father will say or do, I will always remain by her side.

*****

By listening to my mother's advises and of Yuri's, I learned to stop dwelling on the pain of losing my bestfriend. I just focused on the things that make me happy - my job, my family, and most importantly, my Kwon Yuri. Yuri is very supportive in everything that I do. It is because of her that I managed to wear a smile in every single day that passed. Whenever she is not busy with her real estate transactions, Yuri helps me in decorating the old café. She's a good distraction whenever I get into thinking why my father sent Mr. Delano in the Queen City of the Sea. Yuri also always see me off everytime I leave to go to London. It's an upsetting experience to be saying goodbye to her time and time again and be in a place that's miles away. But I endured it. We both did.

At last, after weeks of hardwork, my projects were all completed. Both of my clients were pleased with the outcome and rewarded me with additional payment. I made use of it by planning a vacation with Yuri.

"Boracay? You want to go to Boracay?" she asked after I told her my plan of having a one week vacation in the Philippin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter