Chapter 4

A Cruise To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S POV

Jessica Jung's beauty was unspeakably breathtaking for Kwon Yuri when they first met. But tonight, during the twelfth anniversary of the residential cruise ship's maiden voyage, the talented interior designer looked absolutely more stunning than she already was in the tan girl's eyes. Not a single positive adjective was enough to describe how beautiful she is that night. And although she didn't intend to make it flashy, Jessica's entrance called the attention of many. Just like Yuri, the residents (both men and women) were also enthralled while staring at the interior designer. Most of them were eager to have a conversation with her or to at least let her know their names. Therefore, when Jessica has made her way down the curved staircase to join her awaiting mother, nary a word was exchanged between her and Yuri since many have gathered around to greet her. They were all excited to get to know more about Jessica because it is the first time that she made an appearance in such social gathering after a year of living with them.

At that very moment that she'd been surrounded by people she barely know, Jessica was glad that her mother remained by her side and helped her entertain the residents' queries. By the look in her eyes, Yuri can tell how uncomfortable the interior designer was for being surrounded by these people and talking to them about things not related to her field of work. However, Jessica tried her best to adjust in this situation. And later on, she was able to handle the conversation by herself which was enough to impress her mother.

After nearly an hour of conversing with her, the adults have finally run out of topics to discuss with the interior designer. Hence, they courteously excused themselves and joined the others at the dance floor. Miss Schneider decided to join them as well because she sensed that her daughter needs some time alone to spend with her lovely neighbor.

After staring at her mother's retreating back, Jessica averted her gaze to the woman who's been staring at her since she arrived at the Grand Promenade. She's nervous to face Yuri now that the tan girl knows that she likes her. But Jessica would rather endure her awkwardness if it means being able to see and talk to Yuri everyday.

Jessica took a deep breath to calm her nervously beating heart. And when she's ready to talk to her crush, the young designer made her way through the crowd and sat by Yuri's side. "Hi," she greeted with nervousness still obvious in her voice. Yuri smiled at Jessica in a manner that was meant to return her greetings. "You look beautiful tonight. That dress looks great on you," she added and indeed, she mean every single word.

"Thank you Jessica. You also look stunning tonight. I cannot count how many heads have turned because of you."

Jessica smiled timidly and blushed at the compliment of her crush. Not even a heavy layer of make-up could hide the mulberry tinge of her cheeks. "Um...how are you? Are you enjoying the party?"

"I certainly do. Your mother and her new friends are fun to be with. But now that you're here, I'm sure that I'm going to enjoy it more since I now have someone to talk to who isn't twice older than me. Believe me. I had trouble keeping up with the intelligence of the older people. I felt like I was back to being a first grader while listening to them."

Jessica chortled at Yuri's statements. She too felt the same way the tan girl did while she was entertaining the other residents of the cruise ship. "Mom has always been persuading me to attend events like this. But I always decline because I'm not good at conversing with older people when the topic is not related to mine or my mother's field of work." She was only able to convince me to attend this party because she said that you'll be here and is expecting to see me - Jessica wished to add but chose not to.

"I used to be like you when I was younger. Whenever my parents are going to attend a social gathering, I always ask them why a youngster's presence is necessary. They just say that it's important. Never did they emphasized why. But now, being in this party made me realize what my parents meant. Just like what your mother told me, it's great to be in gatherings like this because there's so much that you can learn from the experiences of the older people."

The two continued talking about the party until came such time that Yuri rose from her seat and bowed with reverence to Jessica.

"Would you like to dance, Miss Jung?" the tan girl asked. Jessica nodded briefly and nervously held Yuri's hand. Her heart was beating so fast while they were walking through the crowd. And as if on cue, the music changed when the duo were finally at the center of the dance floor.

 

[Song: "Falling" by Tyler Ward ft. Alex G.]

And the conversation was right

Underneath the shade of moonlight

You were standing there

With sun-touched hair

And a dress the color white

 

 

Like an aeroplane I took flight

Fell in love with you that first night

Cause you danced with me

and I could see

that there was more to life

 

I'm falling

I'm falling

In love with you (x2)

 

 

Just before the strike of midnight

You said this could be the good life

Then you said goodbye

Hope that I get to see you soon

Then I walked for several miles

Couldn't rid me of my smile

Cause you found me and I found you

In this lovely month of June

 

I'm falling

I'm falling

In love with you (x2)

 

Will you catch me

Because lately you're a dream come true

Say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter