Chapter 3

A Cruise To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA'S POV

Disembarking my one of a kind domicile is not a new experience for me. I have done it at least once or twice a month whenever there are seminars in Europe related to interior design. Aside from that reason, I also leave the ship when my mother asks me to do her a favor. It could either be to meet a potential client or an investor. Or, it could also be to attend a business convention. This time, the latter is my purpose for being in Amsterdam. But unlike my appointments during my first year of being a resident of The Queen City of the Sea, being away from that domicile for more than two days annoyed me. I want to go back immediately because there is someone there whom I'd like to see as soon as possible.

Kwon Yuri is the name of that someone I long to see. Because ever since I met her, I couldn't help but to feel giddy inside even just by thinking about her name. And everytime I remember the special way she looked at me at some occasions, I always feel blood rushing on my cheeks and my lips would immediately pull up for a smile. She's the first person to ever make me feel that way. And for that reason, I've started wanting to finish my tasks the soonest possible so that I will be able to spend time with her again.

"I wonder how she's doing. Is she also thinking about me?" I thought to myself while I was resting at the balcony of my suite. Tomorrow's the last day of the convention. In the afternoon, The Queen City of the Sea is expected to arrive in Amsterdam. It makes me happy to know that because at last, I will be able to go back to my shipboard home.

Feeling bored, I decided to give my mother a call. "Hello~ How is my lovely daughter doing?" my mother cooed and sometimes, I cringe whenever she does that. She probably has done something again that made her pleased to annoy me.

"I'm fine, mother. I've just returned to my suite and is waiting for dinner. How about you?"

"I'm good. I'm currently having a good rest and I wish the same for you. By the way, I heard that you convinced Mr. Barnes to make us the supplier of furnitures for the new branch of his hotel. It's such a good news Jessi. You're always making me proud of you."

The deal I sealed was supposed to be a surprise for my mother. She didn't tell me to talk to Mr. Barnes when I saw him at the convention. I just did to see if I can convince the hotelier to make another transaction with my mother. Now that she knows it, it's no use to be denying the information she heard.

"Where did you get that information?" I asked since I doubt that it's Reina who told her about it. My trusted bodyguard isn't going to do something without my permission.

"Mr. Barnes, himself, told me. He called yesterday and said that you arranged a meeting with him after the first day of the convention. Do you want to know what he said about you?" My mother sounds excited to inform me about it. I just shrugged and she continued what she wants to say. "He praised your skills in promoting my business. Mr. Barnes said that the company will be in good hands in the future because I have a daughter like you."

What Mr. Barnes said about me was a positive remark that's supposed to make me glad and proud. It did make me feel that way though. But on the other hand, it also didn't because of a certain situation I cannot prevent to happen in the future. "Will I really be able to make that possible?"

"You're working on making it possible. Therefore I believe that you will be able to do it. You're a talented person Jessi. I am your number one witness for such greatness. So I strongly believe that you can make it amidst the hindrance that we fear to happen." After a moment of silence, my mother changed the topic to something that made me leap off my chair out of surprise. "I'm already at your shipboard home. And I also met and talked to Yuri earlier."

"You did what?!" I asked in a high-pitched tone that probably murdered her eardrums.

"I talked to Miss Kwon and told her that you like her," she emphasized.

"Mom! Why did you that?! You could have just simply introduced yourself. You need not to tell her that I like her! It is my duty to that." If I'm still a kid, I would be throwing tantrums by now because of what my mother did. I felt betrayed and at the same time, nervous about what else she could have told Yuri. I thought she'd wait for me to formally introduce my newfound friend. Hence, I made a mental note that when I return to the ship, I'll arrange a special dinner where I'll introduce Yuri to my mother. But now, that plan is ruined by my mom whom I understimated.

"Why are reacting that much, Jessi? Miss Kwon was wondering why I invited her for dinner so I decided to tell her frankly the reason why. She's the first person my finical daughter had a crush on. You like her so much to the extent that you can't help talking about her whenever I give you a call. So of course I'd be very curious to know the reason behind it. She's exceptional. That is my first impression with Miss Kwon. Still, that is not enough so I might ask her again to meet me tomorrow. Through that, I'd be able to get to know her more and decide if she's really suitable for you."

"Tch! You're really something, mother. You made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter