Doha's Fifth Shot

Best Detective, Leader, Liar, or Ally? {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

"Hocheollie, I really can't believe that you did that," Inho sighed as Hocheol only shrugged in response, to which Doha had to add on a mental note to Hocheol's character and underline 'unexpectable' in those notes.

"So are you going to explain what happened at the casino yet?" Inpyo asked, to which Doha awkwardly laughed.

"It's... kind of a long story..."


"It's finally quiet now!" Haejoon sighed in relief before a piece of wood well down from the roof and barely missed the hacker. He nervously glances at the wood that had split, "Er- right, not necessarily attack proof yet..."

Youngdoo spoke up from the corner of the casino he was working on with a chip in his mouth, "We should bet on whether Jinseob and Jihyeong got each other's head yet!"

"How about let's not do that..." Doha murmurs. The leader sighs, scratching the back of his head as he looks around the casino that still had holes in odd places along with bullets and slashes that were evident from that disasterous night. He turns back to Youngdoo who was munching on his chips, "Er- what's our budget again?"

"From what I had gotten from bets that last night..." Youngdoo takes a moment to calculate the amount of money and amount of damage in the casino, "We could get two doors, a tiny window, and maybe a single bullet for ammunition."

Doha lets out a sigh, "This is the most damage that has happened to the casino then. Usually we earn enough money from casino nights for repairs and weapons, but this is more serious than I thought."

"Well you do got to remember that only three out of seven of us are actually getting paid from the police department so maintaining an undercover casino is pretty price-y. We're practically living off of betting money," Haejoon spoke up.

"At least you guys have a legit base. Our group's base is basically Chani's family's church because literally only Inpyo is getting paid," San pointed out.

"That reminds me, you guys are free to stay at our church anytime," Chani smiles, to which the other team can really only think 'so bright...'

And then an arrow went through the window that was previous crashed open by Jihyeong's flying sword came in and barely missed Chani's face before landing right on a lottery machine, making it freak out before a bunch of coins come flowing out with the music going off.

"Who is it this ti-OHMYFRICKINGGAWD!" so Haejoon started with sarcasm before shrieking and ducking from another arrow.

Soon enough one arrow grew to billions of arrows being blindly shot at them, making Doha yell out, "GO HIDE BEFORE YOU GET INJURED!" making everyone split up, barely catching sight of Haejoon and San rounding the corner to head into the hidden security room, Chani heading for the stairs, and Youngdoo running over to crouch by the entrance as Doha himself heading for the bar and hid behind the counter.

There was a moment of silence before Doha heard a gun shot and thumping. Carefully, Doha inches towards the edge of the bar and peeks out, catching a glimpse of Youngdoo trying to fight against someone before the barrel of a gun was pointing at him. He looks up and sees a masked stranger there.

One... two... he counted before quickly shoving the gun up, making the bullet barely dodge his head and hit one of the alcohol bottles on the racks behind him, proceeding to try to pull the gun out of the other's hand while trying to kick the stranger's arm to take the gun away since his other arm wasn't fit for fighting still. As he kept trying to pull, he kept walking backwards, his back eventually hitting the wall and glancing from the corner of his eyes to see that he was right by the fire exit, catching sight of a small blinking light sitting on the handle.

Carefully yet swiftly, Doha manages to grab the stranger's arm and swing their positions around and quickly backs away as the latter slams into the fire exit where a 'beep' sound is made before a large sound goes off along with smoke. Eventually the smoke clears up and the stranger is knocked out with a good proportion of the door lying on top of him.

I can't tell whether I should scold Inho for doing such a thing or thank him for once... Doha lets out a sighs before he turned around to help Youngdoo, knowking that taking out the attackers would take a while.


"By the time Youngdoo and I came back after battling with the guys outside, we went to go scout out around the casino but everyone we took out eventually vanished before we came back to get them," Doha explained.

"We've just been attacked consecutively huh," Sunghyun sighs.

"You guys wouldn't have been followed by people, right?" Haejoon looks over to the Busan team, who shook their heads.

"I'm pretty sure I would've kept track of criminals wearing a specific design of a mask, but if they were following us, I'm pretty sure someone in my team would've noticed," Inpyo said.

"Are you sure about that? You do gotta remember about what Hocheol-ah did back there."

"I'm pretty sure Hocheollie had a good reason for doing something like that... I think," Minhwan defended weakly.

"Then what do you have to say about that?" Haejoon turns to Hocheol, who simply shrugs, not helping the situation at all before stopping abruptly in his tracks and attracting everyone's attention.

"Attackers." Inho realized, making everyone on edge as they waited in the tense silence.

Doha couldn't help but think about how disadvantaged they were since 1) he was still injured, 2) Haejoon and San were with them for once, meaning that they'll have to protect rather than attacking straight on, and 3) they were low on ammo, meaning that they won't necessarily know how long the gun-users will last.

On the count of what seemed to be three seconds, they were attacked.