Doha's First Shot

Best Detective, Leader, Liar, or Ally? {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

"Put down your gun and nobody gets hurt, okay?"

Doha gulped, his non-dominant wavering his aim with the pistol in his hand on the orange-haired boy's head in front of him. The other boy was nervously smiling as his he was in a similar position, except it was obvious that he was using his dominant hand with his pistol laying rigidly against his forehead.

Nervously, he glances at his teammates from the corner of his eyes.

Inho and Haejoon were no where to be found. His best guesses were that Haejoon were keeping an eye on them from the hidden security room while Inho was innocently still shopping for some wines and beer.

Jinseob was stuck in a position while holding his sword against a white hoodie wearing boy's throat as the latter kept at a distance with a sword of his own, their positions so stiff that even the slightest movement would lead to a blade slicing their throats open.

Sunghyun and Youngdoo were fairing just as badly as they held their aims with their guns at a boy with a cross hung around his neck as he copied their positions with his own gun. Another boy was closeby him, getting ready to sprint at them with his naginata if they dared to shoot.

Jaehyun was doing the worse out of all of them against a fairly small and fragile looking boy. However, the boy seemed to be able to disprove this seeing how he had a dagger driven through Jaehyun's palm as he helplessly stood there with a pistol against his forehead, the plushie of a bunny with a scarf discarded beside the small opponent.

Doha couldn't help but curse under his breath for not being able to aim properly on his first shot against the boy in front of him when he began attacking, wishing dearly that his dominant hand wasn't severely injured from the morning.

Suddenly, a loud sound rang throughout the empty casino along with a scream.

 

~Back to that day's morning~

The day started off normally for Doha as he headed to his office back at the police station in order to gather the most recent news report. Afterwards, he headed to Silver Casino, one of the best casinos in Seoul.

Now what was a detective doing in a casino?

Well, he acted as the casino's manager in order to work undercover, making it easier to come into contact with infamous underworld figures and thus making it easier to track them down and arrest them.

Easy right?

Which is what he use to think but the moment he opened the casino door he was immediately lifted into the air and was now staring at the floor.

"Hi Do- YAH INHO YOUR STUPID TRAP CAUGHT DOHA AGAIN!" he saw Youngdoo yell.

Youngdoo was the second oldest out of their group. Although he is seen as extremely hardworking, he would usually be caught lounging around with a food of some sort unless he was gambling against others. He seems like a sloth at times, but really he is the most trusted member due to constantly working up-close with criminals as his cover as the main, unbeaten gambler at the casino.

Well Doha was somewhat use to being caught and hung upside down because of an elaborate wire trap that Inho had set up but he was still always shocked whenever the room turned upside down.

"What did you say- OMO I'M SO SORRY DOHA-HYUNG! OAO" Inho came from around the corner before screaming (and probably breaking everyone in a 200 cm. radius eardrums).

Inho was a new addition to their group a couple of months ago. There were really only two words to describe his personality and attitude: egotistical and loud. It's truly a wonder as to how he is always able to set up such professional traps without getting caught.

Doha helplessly laughed- because honestly how else are you suppose to react when the room is upside-down for you.

"Oh my God, how many times have I told you not to scream whenever I'm anywhere close by?" Jinseob comes walks over as he covers his right ear.

Jinseob is quiet and gives a cold aura but can be a true dork at certain times. Unlike most/all 21st century people who work against criminals, he uses a sword instead of a gun due to loud and sudden sounds causing him to go deaf in one ear. He was a former detective who was famous for catching some of the most infamous thieves, however, he quitted his job for an unknown reason but is now working as an illegal detective.

"Sorry, Jinseo-"

"Huh? What did you say?"

He sees Sunghyun walk over, towering over the other noisy boys, and sighs, "At least get Doha-hyung first.

Sunghyun- although the tallest- is actually the youngest ever since he joined their group a month after Inho joined. At certain moments, he will be arrogant and envious, but overall understands when to back off. Much like his normal attitude, his fighting skills are spontaneous, making his status known as anything but legal and professional.

The tallest pulls out a pocket knife to cut at the wires, but remember, they're wires, and when wires are loosened they're not necessarily strong. So when he had cut one wire, the wires unravelled so quickly that Doha basically collapsed onto the floor.

"I'm SO sorry Doha-hyung, are you okay?!" Sunghyun immediately panics along with everyone else.

"I-It's okay... ow..." Doha feels a sharp pain in his arm as he pushes himself off.

"That does not look good..." he looks up and sees their concerned faces as they stared him- or more specifically, his arm. So he looks down and sees a grotesque shade of red-purple in an odd shape blooming on his upper arm.

"Great, your dominant arm," Youngdoo groans in realization.

"What?" Jinseob asks loudly.

"It'll be fine, now come on, let's head to the back room," Doha waved it off when in reality the pain in his arm wasn't going away. He tried his best to show that he wasn't in pain as he smiled to reassure them before taking out a folder from his blazer, "We got new reports about the Phantom Thief. Come on, let's head to the security room."

With the news, it seemed as though it was able to take their minds off of their leader's new injury as they began to head to said room.

After reaching there, it was dark as usual with the bright light of the screen coming off of a laptop before Jinseob the lights and they heard the scream of, "AHH! MY EYES! TURN OFF THE LIGHTS!"

Doha lets out a small sigh from the typical reaction, "Come on Haejoon, stop watching your K-Dramas and come over to the round table. We need to discuss about the Phantom Thief."

Haejoon turns himself to face them and a round table in his comfortable office chair, rubbing his eyes with a pout, "Aww, but the newest episode of Here Comes Love is out right now..."

Haejoon is one of the major reasons as to why the undercover casino scheme was working so well. He's a bubbly boy instead of trying to match a "cool, intelligent" type of stereotypical genius.Although he isn't a detective, he is a skilled hacker- which is obviously illegal, but the police station found use out of it.

"Alright! Let's get this show on the road!" Inho yells out as he heads over and settles himself onto one of the chairs around the round table with everyone else.

"Please refrain from screaming, I just got my hearing back..." Jinseob murmurs as he covers his ears slightly.

He plops the file onto the desk before opening it, taking out various pages related to the Phantom Thief ranging from half-empty documents to newspapers where various people had faked finding the Phantom Thief. An unfamiliar envelope laid at the bottom of the file which Doha picked up before opening it and pulling out a letter in neat handwriting:

"'I shall come to visit Silver Casino to steal the most precious prize.
~Phantom Thief'," Youngdoo leans over and reads out loud to the group.

"I'll go set up more traps then!" Inho exclaims excitedly before Sunghyun retorts back, "No! No more traps! Doha's already been injured enough and who knows which one of our teammates will be caught in your trap nex-"

Then an explosion went off outside of the security room before they here the familiar voice of Jaehyun yell, "INHO-HYUNG WHY DID YOU SET UP MINES AT THE FIRE EXIT?!"

And then there was Jaehyun, who was a rookie to their group. He puts in all of his effort in order to help the group and not trouble them but is a bit reserved and is sociably awkward at certain moments. It might be his personality or due to his being a rookie, but luck (and bad luck) seems to always be at his side as he always finds things whether by accident or on purpose.

Oh, because of that, he tends to always set off Inho's most dangerous traps by accident.

There was a moment of silence before they all turned to Inho, who awkwardly laughed.