Always

나침반・COMPASS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: always

characters: yuju, shinb, rest of gfriend

context: non au

length: 908 words

A/N: obviously i still cannot get over that immortal songs episode... hahaha i would probably use yuju's facts for another main line fic tho!! bec this isn't exactly what i had in mind when i wanted to use that fact but i just wrote this anyway hehe it was nice to write

 

"ShinB yah," Yerin calls out as she notices the girl's blank face looking straight at nothing again.

ShinB snaps out of her gaze and turns to face Yerin, slightly stunned. "Yerin unnie?"

"You were staring into space again," Yerin says, "anything wrong?"

"Huh?" ShinB widens her eyes a little, "No, nothing wrong," she shakes her head, her eyes slowly drooping.

"Really?" Yerin isn't convinced. "Are you missing Umji?" Yerin smiles a little with that question.

"Maybe I need some rest," ShinB mumbles, not hearing Yerin's question. 

"That's right, we all do," Yerin nods her head, convinced.

ShinB releases a sigh for going unnoticed.

She wasn't just staring into space. She was worried about Yuju, at how the girl has grown cautious and reserved this whole time ever since they've started practising the song that they'll be performing for their upcoming appearance on Immortal Songs II.

She sighs again, her eyes landing on Yuju.

 

 

 

"Alright, we're done for the day, let's get you girls back to the dorm," their manager announces, and the girls smile in relief.

ShinB watches as Yuju's lips curve into a tiny smile that exists only for a second, before her head drops to hide her face.

"I'll be going to the washroom for a while, wait for me," Yuju stands up from the floor and leaves immediately without showing her face.

"Ah wait, I need to go too," ShinB hurriedly gets herself to her feet and runs after Yuju.

As expected, she sees the taller girl in tears when she pushes open the door to the washroom.

ShinB looks at the girl silently with concerned eyes, panting from the run.

Yuju turns, stunned by the face that is free from surprise.

Sniffling, she bends down to wash her face once more, while ShinB pulls out some tissue paper and hands it over to her.

"You knew?" Yuju speaks with a muffled voice.

"I've been watching you this whole time," ShinB calmly answers.

"Really?" Yuju rubs her nose as she asks.

ShinB a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter