Yesterday Once More

나침반・COMPASS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: yesterday once more

characters: yuna (yuju), yewon (umji), yerin (mention) 

context: sisters au

length: 1064 words

a/n: "Yesterday Once More" is a song by The Carpenters. The first two verses you will see after this is quoted from "Because We Are In Love", another song by them. The other two are from the former song that is also the title of this oneshot.

 

Children
It was more fun to be children
We just took life as it happened
Run through the days
Don't look behind

Over wink of an eye and it's over
What a surprise to discover
We were people ourselves
What kind of people did we want to be
No answer ever came to me

 

"Ne unnie," Yewon called out to her elder sister whilst biting onto the warm cup in her hands that she was drinking from, without taking her eyes away from the dark scene before her that depicted the night skyline of Seoul.

"Yes?" Yuna turned to face the younger one in response.

Yewon dropped her hands from . "You said you wanted to be a singer right?" Yewon asked, still gazing into the darkness in the distance.

"When I was a child?" Yuna replies with another question.

"Yeah," Yewon plainly muttered, before bringing the cup back to for another sip of hot tea.

"Wasn't that what you said?" Yuna let her head drop over to a side as she pondered about their past.

Yewon finally tore her eyes off the scenery before her and turned to look at the elder sister. "Was it?" she furrowed her eyebrows, confused.

Yuna scratched her head and wrecked her brain for more memory. "Maybe it was both of our dream," Yuna guessed after some thought and chuckled a little.

"Maybe," Yewon nodded her head and slowly turned back to the dark sky before her. "A long time has passed," Yewon sighed.

"Since?" Yuna asked in return.

"Since we were children," Yewon quickly muttered an answer before burying her face in her hair due to the embarrassment she felt.

Yuna noticed and could not help but chuckle at how adorable her sister was. "I understand you, Yewon-ah," she stretched a hand out and her hair, "I really do."

The two stayed in a long moment of silence, overwhelmed with the bittersweetness of having grown up.

"My childhood wish was to be taller than unnie," Yewon giggled.

"My childhood wish was to be a great unnie," Yuna replied without much thought. The two fell into silence after realising what she had said.

"It came true, for a very long time now," Yewon muttered under her breath, before turning to face the elder girl with a brig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter