Away, 38th Parallel

나침반・COMPASS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: away, 38th parallel

characters: kid!yuna

context: korean war

length: 172 words

a/n: The title of this fic is a song title, in which the song is about the division of Korea by the 38th parallel and in which the people are yearning for freedom and would give up their life for freedom. I was moved to write this because of the episode of Immortal Songs that has this song (GFriend was in the episode too). the topic of the episode was "We are one, Singing of reunification" and the whole episode technically features songs about the 2 Koreas (be it the Korean War, the division, displaced loved ones etc.) and I felt so strongly even though I'm no Korean. I would ramble about how pissed I am at how one man's stupid mistake leads to how we have 2 Koreas now and how bossy outsiders decided to divide Korea in the first place leading to so much sorrow and misery in the people's lives who have hello no connection to world politics??? But here is the (very short) oneshot.

 

Yuna was shaken awake by the vibrations of the ground as people ran. The seven-year-old tried to avoid the trampling of the people and immediately stood to her feet, only to fall back down as her feet gave way. She took a deep breath as energy found its way back to her legs that were motionless for almost an hour already. She then stood up an ran.

Her eyes traversed through the shattered windows of the buildings and fallen signboards, d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter