your presence

나침반・COMPASS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: your presence

characters: choi yuna, hwang eunbi

context: in which eunbi is an aspiring professional clarinettist and yuna is an aspiring cellist (who also plays the piano). 

length: 310 words

 

Yuna returns home to a tranquil scene, with the only motion being the curtains dancing in the wind. Her ears are welcomed by the music playing from the speaker, and her eyes land on a sleeping figure much like a soft kitten on the couch. Her eyes then shift to the scattered cutlery and utensils on the coffee table and she uncontrollably heaves a sigh. 

Yuna walks over and cannot help but stay and look at the pure face of a sleeping Eunbi. She laughs a little at the small pool of saliva collecting on the couch and wipes it away hoping it doesn't create any stain.

Eunbi flutters her eyes open to the sight of Yuna hastily turning away to the coffee table, cleaning up the mess she's left before falling asleep. 

"You were watching me!" Eunbi exclaims as she sits up. 

"Debussy?" Yuna casually asks without turning to look. 

Eunbi squints her eyes. Yuna can hear the girl click her tongue. "Ravel," she hisses.

"Sorry!" Yuna defends herself, "Well at least I could tell it was Impressionist," speaking as she stands up after cleaning up. 

"Yahh, you were watching me," Eunbi repeats, sitting up but not yet getting off the couch. 

"Was I?" Yuna still refuses to let Eunbi have any eye contact, not wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter