Seeds Of Promise

Impossible Sun

O3
Seeds Of Promise

 

It was 2 pm and they were still sitting behind their glass walls, facing each other with their whiteboards and markers. 

 

'I like puns more than I like dance. XD' Taehyung stated. 

 

' dance... you mean twerking?' Hyemi replied with one brow raised. 

 

'Twerking is an dance style.' 

 

'Okay. I don't know what you're talking about. And, no, don't try to explain.' Hyemi put out her pointer at him as a warning. 

 

He smiled at this, feeling that they were getting closer every second. He was never this talkative with a girl he just met. Heck, he never gets to be himself with any other girls. They see him as a weirdo with a pretty face but really, he's just as normal as any other male-human-being in the world. And Hyemi makes him feel like he's normal. 

 

Over the past few hours, Taehyung learned that Hyemi doesn't like to eat, thus, she skipped lunch. Reminded of this, he wanted to ask her why she dislikes eating.

 

'So if I am not allowed to explain it, can I ask a question instead?' He inquired. 

 

At first, Hyemi nodded but after a second thought, she shake her head, indicating 'no'. Taehyung frowned, thinking that he was going smoothly with his attempt. He asked her why.

 

'You're going to ask something stupid again, right? (  –  3–)' She answered. 

 

'I promise that it ain't gonna be stupid this time.' He replied, both of his palms clasped together, begging. 

 

She was not convinced since the last time he asked her a question, it was about how many ex-boyfriends she has. And the answer was null and a graphical kick on his private domain. 

 

'I promise!' He tried his best puppy eyes at her, lips pouting cutely. 

 

With a muted sigh, she nodded and mouthed 'okay'. Immediately, Taehyung wrote on his board with a bright face: 'Would you go out on a date with me if you can?' 

 

He never meant to ask that but seeing that his actual question would seem hard on her, he threw it off for another time. Plus, seeing her blushing madly was the most wonderful thing he could ever be doing. 

 

'You are stupid for not being able to tell how promises work and what stupid is.' She said, her cheeks red. He ignored this, only awaiting her answer to his previous question. She hesitated at first but ended up writing, 'Yes. I would.'

 

If Taehyung had ever wished he was flying, that wish was now made true. He was flying in the clouds, heart racing and stomach filled with glitters spread by butterflies as they fluttered their wings inside him. That was what he saw and felt though but for Hyemi, it was entirely different; he was jumping around in his apartment, crashing into the sofa and then went into the kitchen, returning back with a banana in his hands, making it as his microphone as he sung his triumph in front of her. God, what a weirdo but she loved that about him. 

 

'Only if I CAN. --' 

 

'Don't be a poop. Promise me...'

 

'Promise you not to be a poop? That's tots okay for me.' She held up an 'ok'.

 

He chuckled at her show. 'No... I meant promise me that you'll go out on a date with me when you finally got out of that cave of yours.'

 

She stayed speechless for a while until she managed to get herself writing, 'Only if you're still alive and well when I do go out — I promise.' 

 

'Yeaay! (  / >  0 <)/' 

 

'I promise because, unlike you, I know how promises work.' She humphed. 

 

'Do you like poetry?' 

 

'I like everything that's art.' 

 

'Then, I'll read you one on our date.' 

 

'You're romantic.' Her words seemed confusing as it was a mixture of forced compliment and fake sarcasm but Taehyung just went along with it. 

 

'I know. Often times, I tell myself that I'm so romantic that I should just marry myself.' He grinned. 

 

'LOL I've heard that quote from somewhere before.' 

 

'That's impossible because I'm a great believer of originality.' He posed a fabulous pose, jokingly; pushing back his hair – which only just seemed like he was pushing nothing at all – and closing his eyes as though his eyelashes were highlighted — despite the fact his eyelashes were really short; not even eye-catching. Hyemi laughed at this and he enjoyed watching her do so. 

 

He sighed, dreamily, as he laid his chest flat on the floor, his hands supported his head, clasping his cheeks. He watched her as she was writing a reply, also glancing at him once in a while. A smile was plastered on her face. 

 

'Why are you staring at me like that? Why don't you go back to your original position! XD' She punned. 

 

He grinned at this and grabbed his board and marker, still in the same position. 'This way, I can have a better look at the most attractive, beautiful – or any other synonyms of the word 'beautiful' – thing in the whole infinite universe.'

 

Hyemi ran away with her board into her bedroom, leaving Taehyung surprised and unknowing. After a few minutes later, she returned with a pale face. She noticed Taehyung wasn't there but in his replacement was his board, saying, 'I'm sorry for going overboard. I'm in the toilet if you're reading this right now.' 

 

Taehyung was devastated. What did he wrote wrong? He thought he was flirting smoothly. Was he really that bad a flirt? He looked at his reflection on the mirror before him. He washed his face. Walking slowly into his living room, he noticed Hyemi was already there on her side with a written board in her hands which said, 'Your cheesy lines were so original that even if I tried puking for it, not even air would come out.' 

 

At first, he was only chuckling softly but then he bursted laughing until his stomach hurt. 

 

He sat and rubbed his previous words to write, 'You know what I like more than puns?' 

 

She shrugged her shoulders as a reply.

 

'A girl who makes puns.'

 

 

 

Ugh BTS' choreography dance to 21st Century Girls Halloween special was so cute! Ehagakdjhs