Being Solus

Impossible Sun

O4 
Being Solus

 

'Are you sick perhaps?' Taehyung finally voiced what had been on his head for a while. The 4-in-the-afternoon sky darkened, grey clouds hovered above the buildings. 

 

'I make suicidal attempts to myself. Suicidal ideation.' Hyemi replied, feeling as though she had had enough of hiding from him and it turned out her reply made it hard for Taehyung to find something to say. Feeling bad for it, she told him, 'They say it's because I have MDD. I'm getting better though.' 

 

His face brightened at this point. 'That's good. Very good.' 

 

She smiled back and thought to herself did she have to smile? Did she have to tell him? She didn't have to and she knew. 'It's about to rain.' 

 

Taehyung glanced up at the darkening sky and nodded. 'After all, it's fall.' 

 

'I like it when the day is raining. Not heavily but lightly.' 

 

'Why tho? :/' 

 

'It's peaceful. My thoughts are clearer when it's raining. There are less people to see as they hide to take cover. I always thought that if I'd be something else, I'd be the rain.' 

 

'You don't like people?' He quizzed. It was now raining. Raindrops passed and trickled on their glass walls. 

 

'I don't like people watching me.' She told him, heart clenched. She could tell he have gotten the idea. 

 

'Is that the reason you are locked up in there?' His face was filled with doubt. 

 

The cold air surrounded her and her fingers shake as she writes. He was watching her and she hated it. No, she hated herself for hating it. She listened to the sounds of the rain as to clear her mind. It didn't work. 'It is also the reason why I'm still alive.' 

 

Taehyung didn't get it and she knew about that but didn't mind. It was better that way, she figured. What's the use of telling someone who can't do anything about it?

 

'Then, you dislike it when I stare at you?' He was curious, reminded about the incident from before. 

 

She knew the answer so well that her lips curved into a big smile. 'Staring is a different matter. It makes me nauseous, wanting to vomit. But I can't say I dislike being stared at by someone so good-looking and so romantic like you.' 

 

Taehyung laughed at this, his cheeks pinkish. 'Then what do you meant by 'watching' you?' 

 

'Watching my every move and judging it. They judge me because they want me to change because they care about me. But really, they don't care.'

 

The rain gradually stopped but the sky remained dull as the heavy clouds were carried by the wind to wash another area. Hyemi's lips were quivering as she was about to cry. She knew if she had to voice her words, she'd be unable to stop herself from crying in front of him. She was grateful that she didn't have to. She wrote again. 'I am always bad at voicing out my feelings. I guess that's why I don't dislike talking to you this way.' 

 

Taehyung stared down at his whiteboard, looking quite blank. He was unsure of what to say. But after a while, he figured it out.

 

'The rain is so not you.' He told her. 

 

'What? XD' She questioned him. 

 

When he smiled a playful smile at her, she couldn't help but feel curious about what he was about to write to her. 

 

'I think you are more like the sun that likes to hide behind the clouds so that no one can see how bright you are.'

 

She was taken aback for a few seconds and afterwards, she rolled her eyes. He wrote back, saying, 'You know it's true.' 

 

She read his reply thrice and smiled lightly. 'Thank you, Taehyung, for showing me the truth. :p' 

 

Without a tone of voice, he couldn't tell whether that was sarcasm or a literal joke or an actual approbation but he wrote 'your welcome' anyways. As they were smiling at each other, Hyemi realized there was something blooming inside of her; a feeling of wanting something she never thought of restoring. 

 

She wanted company. 

 

She wanted to hear him breathe close to her. 

 

The sky brightened a little as clouds were slowly parting away from each other. 

 

'By the way...' He wrote again, letting his words hang.

 

'What? *^* Not another stupid question, please.' She warned and he chuckled at this. He blew some strands of hair that was annoying him and started writing on his board. 

 

'I still want to take the role of Prince Charming in Rapunzel.' 

 

Without a reaction, she quickly wrote a reply to him, 'I can't allow that. >:(' 

 

':(( Why not??'

 

‘Don't you know what happened to the Prince when the Witch found out about him?’ 

 

Knowing that her story version of Rapunzel was different from what was on his mind, he shrugged his shoulders as an answer to her question. How disappointed she was at his lack of knowledge for stories. As the sun reappeared, its' light rays blinded his sight and only after his eyes could finally adjust to its' brightness, he could see what' was written on her board.

 

‘He turned blind.’ 

 

 

 

Thank you for coming this far. I'm here to tell you that as things are coming together, there'll be a shake. ^^
Do you consider yourself good at voicing out your feelings?

 

Btw, if you feel unlucky today, how about reading my RapMon three-shot, Lucky To Be Unlucky