Whispers Of Wonders

Impossible Sun

O1
Whispers Of Wonders

 

If Taehyung were to describe his thoughts after watching the curtains of the window opposite of him were drawn aside, he would say something stupid like 'My pubic hair stood up'. 

 

This is because the room facing his apartment block had never opened its curtains, so when he came home to witness the unveil, found out that for the first time during his four month stay at his apartment, his room was facing the room of a beautiful girl. Of course he was excited. But at the same, he was quite intimidated by her beauty. 

 

She is slightly smaller than average height, and has pale skin with pink cheeks. She has slightly long and messy-curly almond hair which fits her body structure. Her eyes met his while he stared at her for the first time. What endeared him more was that she smiled at him. The more closer he looked, she seemed more like a child. 

 

His heart continued to race against his brain. 

 

He smiled back but regretted it afterwards, figuring he must have looked like a weirdo to her. The woman was wearing a simple, white dress. She was staring at the transparent window, making decisions which piqued Taehyung's curiosity. Since the glass window was large, reaching the floor, he could see the inside of her apartment; cream-ceiling, white wallpaper, white tiles, a large white-furred sofa, a large LG TV sitting at the back behind a coffee table — almost everything is white. The large painting of a beautiful sun – which was either setting or rising – appealed to him the most. 

 

The sight made him feel insecure about his apartment; clothes scattered on the floor along with his laptop, chargers, camera, controllers, play stations, and paper works, his coffee table was filled with books, and there are also dumbbells at the corner of the room with a dead plant beside it. 

 

After a while, Taehyung finally turned away from staring, figuring how inappropriate his action was. But that night, he took peeks at the girl's night activities until she finally went to bed. 

 

Oh, how lucky he felt he was. 

 

It was unlikely of Taehyung to be waking up so early at 6 AM in a weekday. The first thing he went to as soon as he opened his eyes was the living room. His head was poking out from between the soft curtains and his lips instantly curved into a smile noticing the girl, who was already wide awake, drinking something warm that there was evident of its' vapor dissolving slowly into thin air. She was wearing a white, big sweater, and was enjoying the view from the transparent glass of her apartment. She noticed him and smiled. 

 

Feeling excited, Taehyung returned into his room and took out some papers and a marker. He then pushed the curtains aside after fixing his appearance.

 

'Hi. Good morning!' Taehyung wrote and showed it to the girl who was still enjoying herself. She giggled and he wished he could hear it — he was sure that she definitely has a cute voice. To greet him back, she waved and he couldn't help but smile his signature smile, square-shaped. 

 

'I hope I'm not creeping you out. XD' 

 

The girl laughed and shake her head, indicating that he wasn't. 

 

'What are you drinking? Nod for coffee. Wave for tea.'

 

She didn't do either but instead, after a few seconds of thinking, she rose her shoulders and shake her head. Taehyung understood this as she wasn't drinking coffee nor tea but something different. 

 

'Is it nyummy? :3' 

 

She nodded repeatedly and even put a thumbs up. 

 

'I wonder what it is but unfortunately, I am running out of papers... ;(' 

 

Taehyung frowned as he showed this to the girl and she pouted, sadly. 

 

'So much for saving the trees... ;;'

 

He frowned deeper. She laughed slightly. 

 

'So much for saving the world... ;;;' 

 

He gestured, wiping the corners of his eyes as though there were tears in them. 

 

'Wanna help make the world a better place? Contact [email protected] ;)' 

 

The girl shake her head and walked away into the kitchen. Taehyung watched, confused, and a bit upset at how her reaction was not as anticipating as he wished it to be since he figured his pickup line was smooth and should be credited. She came back with a small whiteboard and a marker and wrote: 'I do want to take part but I am not allowed to be in contact with anyone. :('

 

Taehyung looked at her, perplexed, then, she rubbed it off to write a new one, saying, 'I'm sorry.' 

 

She smiled sadly. 

 

Quickly, Taehyung shake his head, telling her that it's okay. A few minutes afterwards, he wrote to her again.

 

'I have to go buy something really quick ~ ;)'

 

When Taehyung returned with a big plastic bag, he found her still there in her living room and was staring out at the blue 8-in-the-morning sky as though searching for something in it. He watched her for a while until she turned to notice him. His heart clenched for a moment but he handled it well not to express it on his face. Why did his heart do just so was a mystery he would like to solve. 

 

She picked up her whiteboard that was lying on the floor.

 

'What's that?' She asked.

 

Taehyung beamed at her anticipation and took out the inside of the plastic bag. It was a whiteboard, just like hers. This brightened the girl's face which made him proud of himself. 

 

'I'm Kim Taehyung. ;)'

 

'I'm Park Hyemi. ^^' 

 

'So what is it if it's not coffee nor even tea?' 

 

'Hot chocolate milk!' She drew a thumbs up. 

 

'You're weird,' he said and when Hyemi pouted, he wrote a new one, 'But I'm weirder.' 

 

'Weird is good, no?' Her brows furrowed. 

 

'Sometimes. Haha I don't know.' Taehyung, then, changed the topic. 'Is that sun setting or rising?' 

 

Hyemi turned to see where he had pointed at. 'Depends on the person who sees it. What do you think it is?' 

 

'It's setting. :3' 

 

'I think it's rising. ^^' She rubbed it off quickly after showing it to him. 'Why do you think it's setting?'

 

'Because it's beautiful and has a romantic feeling. So it has to be the sunset.' 

 

Taehyung wasn't really sure about why he thought it was the sunset. But he hated being unsure so he went ahead just saying things that come up to mind. Hyemi was writing something that took quite a while and he waited for her to finish. 

 

'I don't get why the sunset is romantic-seeming to others. To me, it seems more like the day is ending, and we might not be able to see another day tomorrow.' 

 

'So you think that the end of the world is going to happen at night?' 

 

She nodded. 'It might not be this world but mine.' 

 

Her words scarred Taehyung deep but he didn't quite understand why. He felt a slight fear of what she was saying. In his mind, she was saying she could die tonight and he'd be witnessing it. 

 

'Then, what does the sunrise represents to you?' He asked. 

 

'New beginnings. A restart to fix things to reach our dreams. The light in the dark.' 

 

Then, she held up her hand, asking for him to wait. 

 

'The sunrise makes me feel like there is still hope. :D'

 

He could sense it from the look of her false-smiling face, there was pain. Her dark-colored eyes met with his. She felt so familiar to him. He wondered why. 

 

'Have we met before?' 

 

'Yes, we have. :)' 

 

Taehyung was more than surprised of her reply — he was shocked at how he could forget such a pretty face. But when he noticed Hyemi was laughing and her whiteboard was written 'Just kidding :P' on it, he couldn't help be more shocked at how Hyemi can be so outgoing with him. 

 

'Y'know, it seems like we have. You look very familiar.' Taehyung told her. 

 

Hyemi gave it a thought. 'The probability is quite low since I rarely go out of my home.' 

 

'Why? Are you Rapunzel? Are you locked up in there?' Taehyung joked. 

 

'You can say I'm a real-life Rapunzel. XD'

 

'Where's the witch? ;3'

 

'Inside me. >v<'

 

With her reply and her insecure look, Taehyung could tell she was serious. He began to feel more cautious of what he was about to say next. 'Then, can I be your Prince Charming? ;)'

 

She chuckled, putting her hand to cover her lips. 'You? How charming. > u <'

 

Taehyung pouted despite he couldn't figure out whether that was sarcasm or not but he just assumed that it was. After a few seconds, he noticed that Hyemi was blushing as she writes. 

 

The whiteboard faced him, saying, 'I don't need a 'Prince'. All I need is a 'Knight In Shining Armor'.'

 

 

 

I'd like to congratulate and welcome you for reading until this part of the chapter and to the next chapters. What I am giving you is a piece of my heart and mind so it would be great if you give me your support. 
Between the sunrise and the sunset, which one do you like or prefer watching most?