Without You

Things I Write When I Have Writer's Block
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt #20  “You need to wake up because I can’t do this without you.”

                I sat at his bedside holding his hand firmly in mine.  The cuts and bruises on his body and the tubes and wires connected to him brought tears to my eyes.  It had been three days, and he still would not wake.  The others have left for now, but they will be back soon.  I should go with them.  To sleep, to shower, to eat, but how can I when you are like this?

                I the back of your hand, running my finger in lazy patterns up and down your forearm as well.  You always giggled when I did this, claiming it tickled you, but you still never stopped me from doing it.  “Daesung-ah,” the words I had been holding back finally spilling forth.  “Aish, Daesung-ah.  You need to wake up because I can’t do this without you.”

                The others finally succeeded in getting me to leave for a while.  I really did need the break, but now I am eager to be back by your side.  I see our maknae outside your room, eyes even more panda like lately.  He is smiling and gesturing for me to hurry.  “He’s awake, Youngbae hyung!  He’s finally awake!” he exclaimed excitedly.

                I hurried to my place at your bedside, the others there making room for me.  I was crying again, but this time from happiness.  I looked at you, smiling back at me with your beautiful smile. 

                “Did you really think I would leave you Jagiya?” you asked,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter