Secrets

Things I Write When I Have Writer's Block
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt # 45 "Tell me a secret."

                Youngbae couldn’t help but watch Daesung as he teased and laughed with their stylist.  Secretly he was jealous.  He wanted to be able to lay a hand on him while laughing and have it taken as the affectionate gesture of love he meant it to be, not the simple touch of a hyung.  Someday he would work up the courage to tell his dongsaeng how he really felt.  As he looked at his hands in his lap, he knew that it probably wouldn’t be today.

                “Five minutes until taping starts, can you guys come to the stage please?” the PD who stuck her head in the door asked.  The guys all started to get up and head for the door.  Bae had a sudden bout of bravery as he grasped Dae’s wrist as he walked past.

                “Tell me a secret,” he asked of the younger. “We don’t talk as much as we used to.  I miss it.”  Daesung looked at him briefly before breaking into a smirking grin.  Youngbae nervously played with the hem of his sleeve as he watched Daesung bend down and whisper words in his ear.  Words meant only for him.   Words he wasn’t likely to forget.  Words that made him the of several jokes during the taping.  He just could not manage to stop blushing and smiling.  He couldn’t wait to leave, to go home, and find out what actions might follow those words.  The secret that he had asked for was more than he had ever hoped for.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter