Chapter 3

Every rose has it's thorns

The next day, when Yifan arrived at work, it only took a few minutes for something interesting to happen. The chief of the police approached his team, followed by 6 young men around his own age. 

"Yifan. I have noticed how much difficulties you have with this case, so I have requested help from Korea. Meet Junmyeon, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongin and Sehun. They're from Korea, and are going to help you on this case." The chief said.

"Okay. Welcome to China." Yifan said.

"Kamsahamnida." The group of foreingers said. Yifan looked at the foreigners. Most of them looked confused and a bit uncomfortable. 

One of them, who Yifan remembered had been introduced as Sehun, was staring openly at something behind Yifan. Yifan followed his eyes and turned around. Of course. The boy was staring directly at Luhan. Yifan held back a fit of laughter. Luhan hadn't yet noticed the other boy's lingering eyes, and was still talking with Tao. Yifan cleared his throat quietly and whispered to Luhan.

"It looks like you have a new admirer." He said. Luhan looked at him in confusion, before his eyes traveled to Sehun, who looked away immediately, cheeks turning red. Yifan understood him. Luhan looked like an angel. Yifan wasn't new to people checking out his teammate, both males and females were drawn to Luhan's otherworldly beauty. 

Two of the other Korean men, a short one and a tall one, were conversing in Korean, talking quietly with one another. Thanks to Yifan having been ordered to learn basic Korean, along with his teammates, he understood most of their conversation.

"I don't know how long we're going to be here, Baek. But when we get home, we will figure it out." The tall one, who Yifan remembered as Chanyeol, said.

"I know, but what if it doesn't work out?" The smaller one, Baekhyun, said.

"Then we'll take it from there. I promise you..." Yifan noticed someone standing behind him.

"You shouldn't eavesdrop." The other team leader, Junmyeon, said, looking reprimanding at him.

"Sorry. I'm Yifan by the way. My team consists of Minseok, Luhan, Jongdae and Tao." He said, pointing at each of his team members.

"Nice to meet you." Junmyeon said. Yifan looked around.

"Wait. Weren't there just 6 of you?" Yifan asked confused, because he only saw 4, including Junmyeon. Junmyeon looked around, counting his own members.

"Oh yeah. Jongin and Kyungsoo must be off somewhere making out." Junmyeon said, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"They're together?" Yifan asked.

"Yeah, and so is Baekhyun and Chanyeol, but they aren't as flamboyant about it. Is that a problem?" Junmyeon asked.

"Oh no, not at all. I'm just being curious." Yifan defended himself.

 


AN: to stop confusion about the language, when Exo-m are alone, they speak Chinese, but when they're with Exo-k, they all speak Korean. Please tell me if the story is good or not, or if I should continue it or not. I'm not really satisfied with how it's turning out. Please comment, subscribe and upvote❤️

Btw, today is exactly one year since I started writing on asianfanfics.com. Happy anniversary to me.