Hashtags and updates

Monster Radio

 

 

The enchanting smell of coffee and cinnamon was so typical for every other café. Even here in Mouse Rabbit Coffee it wasn´t any different. Inside it was white like a snow but still pleasantly warm. I was sitting on a tall chair and on the small table in front of me was placed a piece of Red Velvet and a cup of hot coffee. I shifted the cup a little further away from the tall French window because I couldn´t see through the fog. It was raining behind the window, rainy Sunday afternoon.

I put discretely white earphones on and glanced at the display as what to play. To be up to date, an important thing for a DJ, I strolled through newest albums. Among the top was of course Lee Donghae´s ´Raining´. I knew the title song well, I played it at least once during every of my radio shifts. But even now I couldn´t help but turn it on again, I might as well listen to the whole album. I got one disk with Donghae´s signature from his manager but it ended up buried beneath other things and I never got to listen to it. I looked out of the French window and sighed. The drizzling was never ending and the music was suitable.

“Hello?” Someone said waving his hand in front of my face. I got so startled that I kneeled the fragile table from under and was glad that only a third of my coffee spilled, the cake somehow surviving too. I frowned and looked up at the imbecile.

“Didn´t you hear me?” Lee Donghae asked.

“Oh, hello,” I greeted instead of a really nasty remark. It´s not that I was trying to appeal, more like I didn´t need any more bad rumours about me not liking this great celebrity.

“Can I join you?” He asked when I began wiping the small table with a napkin. “You can wait for me in the office,” he told his manager, whom I didn´t notice until now. Strangely, since the manager is much taller and possibly even more handsome than his celebrity in charge. I nodded at the tall man and only then realised that I´ve never pronounced words ´yes, you can´ even-though Lee Donghae had his already plastered on the chair in front of me.

“Do you still have schedules?” I asked to be polite but protectively pulled my plate with the cake closer to me. Donghae misunderstood and thought I was making a space for his Americano. Whatever.

“Only company meeting, I have many activities nowadays,” he told me.

“I´m sure you do,” I answered without any better feelings but Donghae took it as sarcasm.

“Do you have a problem with me?” He asked me straight, the collar of his long coat making him uncomfortable. He took the blue coat off but didn´t bother hanging it up, half of it was stuck under his anyway.

“I´m sorry, I don´t,” I told him honestly but he didn´t eat it.

“Oh, it doesn´t seem like it, tho,” he said and I somehow felt his accent began kicking in. I didn´t know that much about Donghae but I´ve guessed he wasn´t from Seoul.

“If you are talking about my last question during the radio show, it was simply a joke. I would have even explained but you rushed out of the studio too fast,” I said with a small smile as I realised that this big man was quite petty. He was even holding grudges. But remembering his rush out of the studio, I remembered something strange. Donghae didn´t seem to have a monster with him. My eyes began darting around right away.

Something fishy was behind the counter, two black stuffs were giggling in the corner and Drop-Face was under the table and making a ´baaaah´ sound without stopping. There was one less monster then there was people, that was very intriguing. My head began flooding with many theories and I wished I could simply ask Donghae, which was of course impossible.

“Are you listening?” I snapped my head when Donghae snapped at me.

“I´m sorry,” I apologised.

“You seriously are an impossible air-head, aren´t you?” He said while frowning.

“Yes, that´s right,” I chuckled amused. I didn´t feel uncomfortable anymore because Donghae was childish to the point, it was making me happy. “I´m a little weird so don´t take anything I do personally,” I smiled honestly at him, it caught him off guard.

“Seriously, there are some weird people out there,” he scoffed but didn´t seem so angry anymore. According to my guessing, I was pretty much forgiven already.

“So,” I began, “could I perhaps take a photo with you?” I laughed.

“You can´t be for real,” he rolled his eyes.

“No, really, I promise to treat you a cake or something,” I sighed. “You might not know but at some point, there was trending a hashtag with something along the lines that Eun DJ is boring and not even y,” I laughed, “come on, Donghae!” I whined.

“Alright but make sure to use that exact hashtag when you put the photo on your SNS,” he said with a smirk.

“If you were this funny during the radio, I wouldn´t have to work so hard,” I chuckled and walked around the table to bend down to get my face on the same photo as Donghae´s.

“I look tired,” Donghae said when looking at the display of my phone once I raised awkwardly my arm.

“If it makes you feel better, look at the monkey next to you,” I tried to cheer him up on my own account. It worked.

I took the photo, immediately wanting to laugh at my blonde hair looking like a halo. But when I was retreating my arm, something weird happened. Donghae discreetly turned his head a little to look at me, he even smelled secretly my cologne. It might have been a habit but it was quite strange, I quickly stood up and went back to my seat.

“I´m gonna upload it right away,” I chuckled the cover the awkwardness his unexpected behaviour initiated in me.

“Wait, I should see it, you´re a weird friend after all,” Donghae snorted and pulled out his phone. For a moment, I wondered if I should make a remark about him smelling me being much weirder but decided otherwise. Maybe I just saw wrong.

“Done!” I chirped uploading the horrible photo of me and the singer with a cheeky description and a few witty hashtags.

“Today I met him again, sure it was funny! But today the iness is gone, how come?” Donghae laughed aloud reading the caption. “Seriously, Eunhyuk,” he shook his head, “this is going to get you even more haters!”

I shrugged, who cares. People that see monsters don´t care about haters. I leaned into my chair and looked beneath the table. Drop-Face was drooling black slime on my shoes and making sure to look as disgusting as possible. The ´baaah´sound wasn´t a mystery anymore. I use to look down on my feet a lot, on purpose to not see the monsters flying around. But Drop-Face knows it and so he often sits by my feet. I hate him.

“Okay Eunhyuk, I will give you a like,” Donghae suddenly said and my attention returned to him. “And I will follow you, that should help a bit.” I blinked and then smiled. This person wasn´t so bad after all.

“Hyukjae,” I told him and he looked at me quizzically, “Eunhyuk is my DJ nickname, my name is Hyukjae.”

“Nice to meet you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I forgot I had to update on Monday! But just like Cinderella, I managed before midnight, fuuu. I quite like this story, although I myself am not sure how this will turn out. I have the same inner feeling as when writing My Ball of Moonlight. Anyway, please try to answer to the pool in the previous chapter since I´m still not decided about the labelling of this fic. Thank you for reading, commenting, upvoting and take care, everyone! - PandaHero