BEGINNING?

Carats Orphanage Home

I got a call that morning from hospital. I ran to hospital and they informed me that my parents already die. Just simple like that I can share about how my life ends as a daughter. I don’t know where I should go and I also don’t have any job since all my life depends on dad. We are not from wealthy family and we lived in rent house. Even I am 20 years old, I am not further my study because I spent all my time with my parents. I am being too pathetic and sensitive since then. Then when I realize I need to move on. I can’t stay in my room all the time and need to live better. Even I hate the words orphanage home, but I think it should be better to move on.

 I registered myself in Carats Orphanage Home, Seoul through website. That evening, the authority from Carats Orphanage Home called me and asked me to come to their office, and see the home.

I got no much money and just enough to pay the taxi. When I arrived there, I brought my stuff. I met the authority and I called him as Mr. Han. Settle everything in the office; I enter the home with uneasy step. However, the authority said all the guardian there will not live together but the home near to the orphanage home. I would like to live alone without any disturbance. I heard from Mr. Han that home only consist with 13 guys. I am the 14th members and the only girl. All we need to do is to be independent.  I heard the rumor this home never accept girl but since I got to be here, I need to live happily. It is okay it just a little organization and it easy to make friends. Mr. Han also reminded me to not expose anything happen and what I will see to others because here have many secrets to keep. I do not understand it but I just nodded.

The home is too big. There got 4 room; 3 big room and 1 small room, 3 bathroom, a store room, a huge living room, a dining room, a kitchen, and a very huge porch. Mr. Han showed me the whole home. I got the small room seem I am only one person. The room I got is not too clean and I thought maybe the guys only clean up the visible part. Mr. Han advised me to find a job since everyone in this home work and still study. The guys not living here free of charge but its more say as a dorm that you need to survive with your own money. I nodded and I sighed then.

“I know you not working before, so how if you work in the office that I work now? There a lot of Orphanage Home to be settle up,” Mr. Han offered me to work while he still walking through the kitchen and make me a drink.

“Sure. I don’t have any experienced, is it okay?”

“All can be learn, Miss Lee,”

“Thank you, sir. And also for this drink,”

“You’re welcome. I hope you will happy to be here. And also don’t worry about the guys. They will not harm you,”

“Alright. When I can start working?”

“Next week. I will come again,”

“Sure. As long as I can help you like you have help me,”

Mr. Han nodded.

He left the house. I washed the cups and went to my room. Even my room is small, but I grateful to get a life. I open my luggage and the first were come up was my parents’ photo. I took the picture with shuddered. I hugged that picture for awhile till my tears came out. I hang it near to my bed.

“Mom, Dad, I will live here from now on. Rest in peace ya. I am sorry if one day I forget you, so I hang your photo here so I can remember you all the time. Thanks to raise me up,” my tears slowly came to my cheek again. I pack my stuff then.

*tok tok*

Someone knock my room door. I clear my tears and I saw the door actually not close well. I saw a guy stood there but I can’t clearly see his face.

“Come in,”

“It’s okay. I will not enter to girl room. I heard you the new member here. I hope we can easy going to each other. I heard what you talk just now, so I also hope you not crying again. Just live happily here,”

“Thanks. My name is Lee Ya-ya. How about you?”

“I’m Joshua Hong,”

 

 

That night. 10 o’clock.

I heard so hard of laugh downstairs. I really shy at first to appear myself. But I remember Joshua said he hope I can be easy going with them, I walked to the stairs bravely. I counted them, and they were 13. All of them were assemble in living room. Then for sudden the laugh stopped.

“Yah yah yah, see there. Mr. Han seriously got no jam,” the handsome guy with his cigarette sound annoyed point on me. Everyone saw me.

“Coups, you should sound better to greet people,” the long haired guy seems to advise the man with cigarette that seem a bit lack of manner.

“Yaya, come here and greet us,” I smiled to him. Because I really confident he was Joshua. I remember the voice. I slowly came to them. I stood in front of them.

“Heol, you met her already Hong?” the guy with Chinese slang shocked maybe. I have seen this guy before in TV. Joshua smiled to him.

“Hurry up girl,” the blonde guy with his 10:10 eyes said cheerfully to me.

“Why you so not too patient?” the pinky hair guy with his serious face ask to the blonde.

“Okay guys, shut up. You all so much noise. Let hear from her. We also not introduce ourselves,” the guys with shirt written ‘JEJU’ stood up and asked the guys shut up.

“You are more noise, Boo,” the most handsome guys seem annoyed with the ‘JEJU’ guy.

I need to hurry before everyone could push me to hurry.

“Hello. My name is Lee Ya-ya. I already 20 years old. I hope everyone can be my best friend and be nice to me,”

Everyone clapped to me except for 3 guys there. One with the cigarette, one with cold attitude also really silent and one is the pinky hair. I saw them three the only not interest to know about me. But it’s okay. It’s only the beginning.

“My name is Boo Seungkwan, I’m from Jeju. I am mood maker here. I worked as tour guide in Seoul Travel. Nice to meet you, cutie,” Seungkwan greeting also can show how happy he is.

One other guy stood up and smiled to me. He got really happy smile. He started to introduce himself.

“Hi, Yaya. My real name is Lee Seokmin. People call me DK that stand as DoKyeom. I am vocal trainer in Pledis Entertainment. Please always happy here and I will treat you nicely,” he smiled and bowed to me.

He must be a very good trainer since he easily smiles like that. I bowed to him.

“Hi, I am Joshua Hong. I’m a former to Mansae Kindergarten and works as a teacher there. As we met before, please be friendly and always happy here,”

“I’m Yoon Jeonghan. I worked together with Joshua as a teacher there. I am well in cooking. Please ask me to cook if you hungry also call me if you sick and anything you don’t know. I will help you,” this guy seriously damn pretty than me. I looked at his hair, also perfect.

“Hello, I am the youngest here. My name is Dino also known as Michael Jackson. I am still studying at nearby college. Noona, raise me well,” the bright kid smile to me and come hugged me.

“Yah yah! Hyung never teach you to hug lady like that! Sorry Yaya, he is my brother. This punk acted shameless. Sorry. By the way, my name is Hoshi. I am choreographer in Pledis Entertainment. I go to work together with Seokmin and working in same department. Nice to meet you,” so he is Hoshi with 10:10 eyes.

“Okay, now is my turn. My name is Vernon. I am good in rap. Have you watched ‘Show Me the Money’?”

“No,” I said. Everyone laugh. Made me feel guilt on him.

“Yo man, seriously? It’s okay. I am one of the judger there,”

“I will watch it soon, Vernon,” I said confidently. He smiled to me. Oh gosh! Too nice seeing his smile. And I am sure he was from oversea. Maybe mix?

“Oh ya, I am from New York. I came to South Korea for audition in Show Me the Money before. Because I get selected, I am living here,” Vernon adds.

“Mingyu is my name. I am the most handsome here. I worked as fashion designer in MOST magazines. If anything happen, let me know Yaya. I am good in doing stuff and really like to eat. If you know how to cook well, please do some,” now I know his name. Serious he is too handsome. He is also really charismatic. I stood frozenly watched them. But I still nodded and bowed awkwardly.

“Yah, you start to play with her, Gyu?” the most cold guy start to sound. His husky voice seriously too nice. It seems he close to Mingyu.

“Please be positive Wonwoo,” Mingyu stared him.

“I’m not interest to introduce myself,” the cold guy said. He not goes to see my face too. I offended at first but I only can smile. Take it easy as a beginning.

“Don’t worry Yaya. His name is Wonwoo and worked as bartender in nearby bar named ROCK Bar. Come there if you need some drinks,” Mingyu help him to introduce even Wonwoo gave him a straight eyes to Mingyu and hate sign. But Mingyu just smile to him.  I just wonder how this cold guy works. But I pretend it really nice to know all this.

“Hi, my name is Xu Minghao. People just call me The8. I’m from China. Even my Korean not too good but I can understand people. I only work when I have event and program also practice with my members since I am a b-boy person.  Let be friend,” this cutie man smiled to me. I can see how bright he is with his puppy smile and his shining eyes. I glad he also okay with me. And yes you can see how thin he is. I am jealous as a girl.

“I’m also from China. My name is Junhui Wen. Call me Jun,okay?”

“Okay Jun. Are you an actor?” I really curious with this guy. With is Chinese slang I really curious he is the man that have been act in Ip Man. My late mother and I were the fans to the movie. With his name also I was too curious. For sudden I confident to ask him.

“Yes he is,” Seungkwan said. Jun smiled shyly. How can this actor stay here? Maybe this is what Mr Kang mentioned, there a lot of secret.

“Alright, now is my turn? Okay, let know I am Coups. You need to call me “hyung” even you are girl. I hate people call me “oppa”.  And you are under my control. I don’t care if you bored or what, I always being mean sometime, hope you can ready for that,”

“Coups, she is girl,” Joshua tried to protect me.

“Do I care? I said earlier I hate people call me oppa,” Coups put the cigarette back to his lips.

“But hyung, please not too mean towards her. She just newbie,” Seungkwan said. I still stand there.

“Noona, I am the maknae, and Coups hyung is good actually,” Dino hold my hand to give me strength. Hoshi knocked his head made him pout and sat back to his seat.

“Damn you Dino. I will never nice towards girl,” Coups said with his annoying tone.

“Okay stop it. Hey newbie, I’m Woozi. I am a music producer.  I also seriously not interest to know about you like Wonwoo did. You must be wonder why the success people the most attended here, so just pretend this only a home that we want to stay forever. So hope you can be tough here,” Woozi look like to warned me. Thiis pinky hair guy also mean huh!

“Why everyone is too mean to her?” Jeonghan said. He seems a bit angry.

“I am not,” Seungkwan replied.

“Me too,” Vernon continue.

“Yeah I know. Coups, Woozi and Wonwoo so cold to her. You should not act like this. Treat her well,”

“God always treat  us better, so how can us as human want to act mean to other human,” Joshua start to advise.

“I’m going to sleep,” Wonwoo stood up and went to the room. He never gives a view and went away. Mingyu pull his hand but he pushed hard. Everyone silent.

“These ruined my mood,” Woozi followed Wonwoo.

“Me too,” Coups finished his last draw then ran to Woozi.

“Noona, this only beginning, please don’t be offended,” Dino said to me. I know he tried to cheer me. But I still shocked. What is my wrong?

I ran faster. I stop Wonwoo, Woozi and Coups on the stairs. They shocked.

“I am sorry,” I said. I also don’t know why I being like this.

“Move,” Wonwoo said with fierce face. I look down. Coups walked to me slowly and I can saw his hand look like to beat me. But someone hugs me and grabs Coups’ hand. I cannot see who was hug me and my tears fall.

I start crying. Am I wrong to be here?

 

p/s: I don’t know if you can find the members by the label I did hahaha. Because I simply do like Woozi at first in pinky hair, Hoshi is the guy with 10:10 eyes and talented in dance, Jeonghan is the man with long hair but currently in Pretty U he has cut his hair, Scoups is man with some naughty style but very cute and good as a leader, Joshua is gentle and so funny. Mingyu is the tallest, handsome, smart, y and perfect I swear, Wonwoo is the very straight face person, seem cold but actually he is “bag of luck”, you should watch how funny Wonwoo is in Seventeen One Fine Day, Seungkwan is emotional and talented guy with powerful singing also really funny! Then DK is the one I love his voice, he is also funny and I could not see when he suddenly serious. Jun and The8 is Chinese line that need to be popular I am really hope for that. Dino is maknae that really active and hardworking. Vernon is half American and half Korean so his face looks so handsome also damn super in rapping. Sorry if I am not able to elaborate, because it will be so long. Hey, let continue okay.