Chapter 36- Regret

Opposites Really Do Attract

"Where's Tzuyu...."

Nayeon sat on the living room sofa, biting her thumb worriedly whilst staring at the door, waiting for her younger sister to walk through the door with that hoodie draped over her head, giving her usual hug to Nayeon before going to her room to take a nap, leaving her homework untouched till Nayeon came in and yelled at her.

*tick* *tock* *tick* *tock*

The clock struck 11pm, and Tzuyu was still nowhere to be seen. There was no sign of that green haired bully charging through the door complaining about Miss Minatozaki or begging for Nayeon to cook lunch for her. 

"Tzuyu...." Nayeon let out a whimper of anxiety, rocking back and forth as she bit her thumb so hard that it started to bleed, tears of worry forming in her eyes.

"Come back soon... Don't make your unnie worry...."

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

*7 Hours Earlier...*

"Oh! Your finally awake!"

Tzuyu let out a loud groan, her head feeling like a volcano that just erupted.

Slowly opening her eyes, Tzuyu was in a room which she had never been in before. The walls were coated in pink, with a few dolls lying here and there and a makeup desk that looked like it belonged in a Barbie house. The bed she was in was massive too, it seemed to be king size with a fluffy blanket that had hearts all over it. The most sickeningly cute room she had ever been in, like one of an innocent little girl.

And it did belong to an innocent little girl.

Eunji ran next to Tzuyu with medicine in one hand and a glass of water in the other, a wave of relief washing all over her hand as she helped Tzuyu sit up in her bed, struggling a little since Tzuyu weighed much more than her due to her muscle mass, but she got her up eventually.

"Th-Thanks..." Tzuyu said with a small smile, taking the pill from Eunji and swallowing it, drinking the water to help wash down the tablet before letting out another groan of pain, holding her forehead as her face scrunched up.

Eunji grabbed a towel from the bucket filled with cold water that she had put next to the bed, gently placing it on her forehead which brought a shudder to Tzuyu's body at the sudden touch.

"How did you find me?" Tzuyu asked, rubbing her temples gently in an effort to reduce the tremendous pain she felt in her head. 

Eunji made the air con temperature in her room a little lower so Tzuyu could feel more comfortable in that thick blanket of hers that Eunji had wrapped her in.

"Well.... I saw you lying down by the road all drenched when I was going to buy food from the supermarket. Oh yeah, I changed you out from your wet clothes too by the way." Eunji said so innocently, taking a sip from the carton of strawberry milk she was drinking from.

Tzuyu's eyes widened when she heard what Eunji said, looking down the covers to see that she was now wearing a pink pullover sweater with white shorts. Her underwear was untouched thankfully.

"What happened? How did you end up there?" Eunji asked, offering her milk to Tzuyu who politely declined it.

"You don't need to know."

Eunji pouted and nodded her head slowly before a yell from behind caused her to jump in the air, shocked at the sudden explosion of the high pitched squal behind her.

"EUNJI! WHERE DID YOU PUT MY TOYS?!"

The brown haired girl sighed, rolling her eyes before turning around and yelling back.

"IT'S IN YOUR ROOM CHORONG UNNIE! ARE YOU BLIND?!"

Tzuyu let out a chuckle silently and subtly before looking out the window and seeing the rain continue to pour down heavily, her tiny smile disappearing completely as she recalled the incident earlier.

"Minatozaki...."

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Tzuyu...."

Sana sat on her sofa lifelessly, staring at the funny variety show 'Running Man' that she usually watched if she wanted to have a good laugh. But she wasn't laughing today, she wasn't even paying attention to the jokes Yoo Jae Suk and Kang Gary were making. She was just spacing out while eating one spoonful of ice cream at a time, robotically stuffing each scoop of strawberry ice cream in as her thoughts drifted off to one green haired girl.

Picking up the two pictures, one her own copy and the other left behind by Tzuyu, Sana started crying again as the bowl of ice cream she was eating from fell from her lap, luckily landing in a position where it wouldn't spill all over so she wouldn't have to clean up.

"Why was I so forceful to her..." Sana whimpered, her voice full of regret and anguish as she wiped the tears from her eyes, shaking her head profusely at her stupid actions earlier.

The washing machine let out a beep, signaling that whatever clothes she was washing was done.

Getting up weakly from the sofa, Sana stumbled her way into the kitchen, having to hold onto the wall and table to support her shaking legs before opening up the cover and seeing Tzuyu's hoodie and jeans inside.

"I have to return this to her..." Sana let out a heavy sigh before picking out the clothes from the washing machine and folding them neatly.

"I'm sorry Tzuyu...."

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

12.30am.

Nayeon still sat at the sofa waiting for Tzuyu to come back, her eyes heavy from exhaustion and her body shaking from worry. She felt so deprived and lonely without Tzuyu around. She needed someone. Anyone. 

And she knew one person that hadn't failed her before.

Picking up her phone, Nayeon pressed the contact which she had called hundreds of times in her life. It was her truly special one.

After 5 minutes of rocking back and forth, the line on the other side finally picked up, and Nayeon never felt so relieved in her life.

"Jungyeon... Can you come over to my house now baby?"

 

Author Notes:

I'm not saying anything again, but things will not improve from here. Not for a while. But I hope you all liked this chapter! :)

#TWICEPROTECTIONSQUAD #JUSTICEFORIOI

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!