Something Special

Collections of Junghope

For owpaaal. Sorry it took me over a year and almost a half to finish this, I hope you like it anyways. (:

In which supermodel Jungkook is dragged to a rap concert by his best friend and sees someone special.

Word Count: 8,333.


“Okay, look a little more intense if you can Jungkook-ssi,” The photographer instructed, the camera flashing every few seconds.

Jungkook tilted his head back and clenched his jaw, his eyes narrowing slightly. “Good!” The photographer praised, before nodding in satisfaction, “Okay, that’s good. I think we’ve got more than enough shots. Good work everybody! Good work Jungkook-ssi!”

“Thank you,” Jungkook said softly, a contrast to the intimidating aura he was giving off only moments ago. The photographer nodded and set off towards the monitor, the staff also scurrying around to take the set down. Jungkook bowed slightly as he passed everybody before heading back to the dressing rooms. Sighing in relief, he finally shrugged off the tight leather jacket and fishnet shirt he had on before he moved towards the make-up table.

“Hey Jungkook, Taehyung called earlier, said he had something important to ask you,” Jungkook’s manager said from the doorway, his thumbs flying across his phone before he looked up, “Oh, and I’ve managed to shift your mandatory talk-show appearance to later in the year instead.”

The twenty-year old model froze for a second before throwing his make-up wipe in the trash and smiling brightly, “Wah hyung! You’re the best.”

His manager rolled his eyes but smiled back, “Come on, let’s get you to your next shoot.”

Jungkook nodded, shrugged on his large hoodie from the lounge chair, and slung his bag over his shoulder. Taehyung can wait till later, Jungkook decided as he pocketed his phone and followed his manager to his car.

*

“It’s so good to be home,” Jungkook said to nobody as he toed off his shoes. He huffed as he tried to flip his wet bangs off his forehead.

“Were you ignoring me Jeon Jungkook?” A deep voice rang through the model’s small apartment, “Didn’t hyung tell you it was important?”

“Yes I was ignoring you, and yes he did tell me it was important but you never have anything important to say so I ignored it.” The younger said from his kitchen, his head poking into the refrigerator.

“Ya! That’s no way to talk to your awesome hyung,” Taehyung said, his head poking above the couch he was laying on, a smug look on his face, “Especially one that has tickets to Agust D’s concert.”

Jungkook raised his eyebrows and fell into the chair beside the couch. “Okay, it’s Agust D, RM, and J-Hope’s concert. I heard they’re all releasing a new song this concert!”

Jungkook shrugged and continued to munch on his cereal before muttering, “And?”

“And?” Taehyung said, sitting up quickly, “AND? Jungkook! My sweet dear Jungkook, their music is art! You can’t keep listening to classical music. If I have to listen to Wei Congfei’s Blue Stone Alley one more time, I am going to ing lose my mind!”

“But it’s a-”

“Master piece, I know! And it’s good, like once in a while, but you need to mix it up a little.” Taehyung said, cutting the younger model off, “Please JK? Pleaseeeee come with me?”

Jungkook stared into his cereal-less bowl of milk, “Okay, on one condition.”

“Yes, yes! Anything, anything at all my wonderful dongsaeng.” Taehyung beamed as he rose to his feet, staring excitedly at the younger.

“Get the out.”

*

“I can’t believe you dragged me here,” Jungkook muttered under his breath as he tugged his hat even lower.

“And I can’t believe you wore an oversized hoodie to a rap concert,” Taehyung replied easily, giving him a pointed look through his kohl rimmed eyes, before shushing him, “It’s starting, be quiet!”

“You’re the one that’s yelling,” Jungkook grumbled as he leaned back and crossed his arms. Despite being a model- an extremely successful one, at that- the 20 year old would be the first to admit that he has a hard time with large crowds and attention. He likes modeling because he gets to be a different person for each photoshoot, and he always manages to wiggle out of on-air interviews, and television appearances.

Jungkook can admit that he’s not the most interesting person there is. The most interesting thing about him is that he started modeling at the age of sixteen and absolutely exploded onto the scene (which was by sheer luck) and is still just as popular four years later at the age of twenty (determination and hard-work keeping him afloat in the industry). Other than that, he’s a normal twenty year old boy- if anything, he’s a little naïve. He goes to college now, does his photoshoots, and then stays home and plays Overwatch.

“This is my jam!” Taehyung screamed, his hands moving up and down furiously as three rappers rise from the ground. The VCR having finished.

“How’s everyone doing tonight?” The silver-haired one yelled, Jungkook ignored Taehyung’s yelling and leaned forward, trying to get a better look.

The blonde one was the only one whose face could be seen, besides the sunglasses he wore. There were two others, moving around the stage as well. One had blonde tuffs of hair peeking out of the red baseball cap he was wearing low over his face, while the other looked to have black hair, a black baseball cap tugged low over his face as well, with a black mask covering his chin. All three were wearing black clothes with some type of red jacket on top of their t-shirts.

“Hey,” Jungkook nudged Taehyung, “Which one is which?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the older’s incredulously look and raised his eyebrows to show he was waiting.

Taehyung pouted but pointed at the silver-haired one and yelled over the music, “The one with silver hair is RM,” he paused and pointed at the one who was now rapping, “That’s Agust D, or Suga, or Yoongi, he has a lot of nicknames, I’m also in love him just in case you were wondering.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, of course he knew that his best friend loved that rapper, he never shut up about him. “And that one?” Jungkook asked, jerking his chin at the last one, who was now standing off to the side as Rap Monster was talking to the crowd, the song long over.

“Ah, that’s J-Hope. He’s still kind of new to the scene, more of a dancer but Agust D asked him to feature along with RM and then all of a sudden he just exploded onto the scene.” Taehyung explained, “But I think he’s good. He’s something different from others.”

Jungkook looked at the guy on the stage at the guy who was jumping up and down at the next song began, “Are you sure you don’t love him as well?”

Taehyung looked appalled at the question, “If Hobi-hyung and I dated, that would be like . NOW SHUT UP AND JAM OUT WITH ME!”

Jungkook just sighed and turned back to the stage, his eyes continuously finding J-Hope throughout each performance.

“Man, Agust D’s new song was great, but Far Away is still my all-time favorite.” Taehyung said, finally leaning back in his chair as the stage darkened and another VCR began to play. Jungkook nodded, he did have to admit, he liked both of the songs, and he understood why Tae would like Far Away, both knowing those feelings that are portrayed in the lyrics.

“Mama,” A voice rang out clear in the arena before the cheers exploded, and then it quieted back down. Jungkook leaned forward now, watching the screen intently.

He held his breath as an elder lady appeared on screen with a homely looking J-Hope in front of her. Jungkook took in the other’s appearance, the rapper wearing an oversized hoodie with round-framed glasses perched on his nose. Jungkook had to admit the other was cute, and he couldn’t deny the attraction that he felt to the performer, but he also found him incredibly intimidating, his face usually covered in the performances.

“Oh, I think this is leading to his new song!” Taehyung said excitedly, leaning forward onto his knees.

Jungkook shushed him and watched the VCR.

”Hoseok-ah, what is this?” J-Hope, or Hoseok, shushed his mom and handed her headphones. “Just listen to this, okay Mama? I worked hard on it and I want your opinion,” Hoseok said hooking the headphones up to his phone.

“But why? You know that I’m no good at this music thing.”

“Stop being so stubborn and listen,” Hoseok chided softly.

Jungkook watched as the rapper’s mom covered with her hand and began to cry. The whole crowd erupted as J-Hope stood up and wrapped his arms around his mother.

“So what do you think?” Hoseok asked, the song over.

“It was amazing Hoseokkie, simply amazing.”

“Hey Mama,” Hoseok sang softly, his hands wiping away his mom’s tears.

Jungkook had to blink back tears as the stage went black and the song began to form, J-Hope rose from the ground, this time though he was dressed in a white shirt and sparkly jacket, no face mask or hat hiding any of his features. Jungkook’s breath caught when the performer smiled brightly at the crowd, before moving back towards the main stage.

“I told you he was different.” Taehyung said leaning into the younger’s side.

Jungkook nodded and whispered, “I don’t think different even begins to explain him.”

Jungkook was so caught up in the performance, a choir now joining J-Hope on the stage, that he missed his hyung’s smug smile.

*

“That was such a ing rush!” Taehyung yelled, his blonde freshly dyed hair bouncing as he jumped up and down, “Though I could have passed on the dying my hair part.”

Jungkook chuckled and said, “Blonde looks good on you hyung,” as he finished buttoning his black dress shirt. “Now hurry up and put your clothes on, we’re supposed to go mingle.”

Taehyung beamed and quickly hunted down his dress clothes for the after party. Jungkook sighed and ran his hand through his style hair, messing it up slightly. Jungkook hates the after party that the models have to attend, there’s too many people and it requires too much energy for Jungkook to actually act like he wants to be there.

“Ready! Let’s go my beautiful dongsaeng,” Taehyung sang as he looped his arm through the younger’s and dragged him towards the dressing room exit. “We need to find Jin hyung, and Jimin hyung!”

Jungkook let himself be dragged but looked confused at the blonde’s words, “Why do you speak about them so informally? Do you know them hyung?”

Jin, or Seokjin, is the designer of the show they just walked. He’s one of the top designers in the field right now even though he’s twenty-five. Jungkook was in shock when he was asked to model for the famous designer, Jungkook had looked up to him since he was young. Jin used to be a model-a top level model- before he suddenly pulled away from the modeling field and began to work behind the scenes designing.

Jimin is a rising photographer that worked the show. Jungkook hasn’t had the chance to work with him yet, but he followed his work and was hoping to get the chance to. He managed to capture movement in the pictures, though the object-person- was standing still, it seemed as though they were still in motion. Or at least, that’s what Jungkook felt from the photos.

“More or less,” Taehyung mumbled, before brightening up, “Look I see them!”

Jungkook looked towards the large circular bar that occupied the middle of the room and saw a crowd of men huddle together. As they drew closer he saw that the older did in fact spot the designer and photographer, but also two of the rappers that they had just seen in concert a few weeks back were beside them.

“Hyungs!” Taehyung yelled, his arm unhooking from Jungkook’s and draping over Jin and Jimin, “The show was great as usual, your pieces are fabulous Jin hyung and I can’t wait to see Jiminnie’s shots of me.”

Both men snorted in response.

“My pieces are always fabulous.”

“Don’t worry, I tried to make you less ugly than you already are.”

Jungkook watched in confusion as they laughed at Taehyung’s pout and poked more fun at him.
“Kim Taehyung, I thought we talked about you getting so handsy with other people.” A voice growled from behind Jungkook making him startle. He turned to find Agust D behind him, and was surprised by how nice he looked.

Agust D was wearing a regular white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and black slacks. He wasn’t as nearly as intimidating as Jungkook thought he would be, especially since Jungkook noticed that he has a solid four to five centimeters on him.

“Yoongles!” Taehyung screeched, launching himself past the youngest and on to the short rapper, “Hyung, did you see me up there killing it?”

Jungkook watched as the blonde’s- the rapper’s not his best friend’s- eyes softened as he brushed a stray piece of hair out of Taehyung’s face, “Yeah baby, you did great.”

“Gag me,” A voice said causing Agust D to pull back and wink at the male leaning against the bar, “Maybe later tonight Hobi-ah.”

“Only if I can watch,” Seokjin said causing the other two to laugh, and making Jimin shake his head.

“Guys! Stop it!,” Taehyung interrupted, “There is a baby in our presence.” He motioned towards Jungkook causing a flare of red to shoot up his neck and onto his face.

“’m not a baby,” Jungkook mumbled, his hand reaching to scratch behind his neck. “I’m Jeon Jungkook. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Awe, wow I thought you were like on legs on the runway, but you do kind of seem like a baby,” Seokjin said, “I do like that though in a model, it’s re-”

“Refreshing, yada yada, leave it alone Jin,” One of the male’s leaning against the bar said, his hair a soft pink that went well with the pink lining on his black dress shirt, “I’m RM, but please call me Namjoon hyung.”

“Please, I hate that stupid rapper name.” Jin said with a roll of his eyes, “Obviously you know that this is Jimin,” Jungkook smiled at the orange haired male who returned it faintly. Jungkook was slightly nervous with the small glances the photographer kept shooting him, but bowed slightly.

“And that, my dearest Jungkook,” Taehyung said saddling up to the youngest, “Is J-Hope, but we call him Hobi.”

Jungkook looked at the male leaning on the bar the farthest way from the group. He was dressed in black skinnies, and a striped shirt with a black blazer. He had a black string choker on his neck that stood out against his tan skin. His lips were curled on the sides in a lazy smile, and his eyes brown eyes rimmed with light eye liner were dancing with mischief. Jungkook found himself even more attracted to the performer, though he was right about him being different. The atmosphere around Hoseok was intense, and made the flush on Jungkook turn a deeper red.

“Hi Jungkookie,” Hoseok said softly, a slight purr in his voice, “I’ve heard so much about you.”

“I-uh, yeah uh same,” Jungkook stuttered making everybody around him laugh.

“Okay hyung, put J-Hope the boy away now, and be Hobi the ray of sunshine please,” Jimin said, his eyes rolling making everybody laugh, before he glanced at Jungkook again.

Jungkook was startled at the bright laugh that filled the air, his heart beating a little faster at the sound. Hobi had his hands in the air in a surrendering motion, “Okay, okay. Sorry, you know that he just comes out when we’re out like this.” He motioned towards the massive ball room filled with models, photographers, designers, etc.

Hoseok then rounded back on Jungkook with a large smile that Jungkook swore could have illuminated the whole room, “But Jungkookie, I really have heard a lot about you. Taehyung talks about his super cute baby best friend all the time,” Hoseok said with a teasing tone on the nickname Taehyung gave the youngest. Jungkook noted that the atmosphere has shifted quickly, and was amazed at how someone could have that much presence. “Except for when he’s talking about Yoongi hyung.”

“Yeah, because have you seen that ,” Taehyung said with a low draw making Yoongi roll his eyes.

“Yeah, but have you seen Jimin’s,” Hoseok said with a wink earning him a dirty look from the said boy, “Keep my out of your conversation.”

Jungkook pushed down an ugly feeling that burned in his stomach when he saw the performer’s hands reach out and grab the photographer’s waist and bring him closer to his body. He turned his attention toward his best friend that was currently pouting at his boyfriend.

Jungkook smacked him, hard, making the other wince and turn toward the youngest, “How could you not tell me that you two were dating? Every time I had to hear about you fanboying over Agust D, you were just fanboying over your own boyfriend!”

Everybody laughed at what Jungkook had said, while Yoongi and Taehyung just looked smug, “Well, if I had told you that we were dating you wouldn’t have let me talk so much about him. I had to play the fan card so I could rant about him as much as I wanted and you couldn’t do anything but feel bad for me.”

Jungkook’s jaw dropped open before he slowly closed it and nodded, “Sometimes, because of all the stupid you do, I forget that you can actually be clever.”

“No, he’s full of . Don’t believe that,” Namjoon said from the bar, his arm wrapped loosely around Seokjin’s waist. “They were told to tell nobody in case it were to get out, but then they got caught and management gave up because you can’t really control either of those two.”

Taehyung and Yoongi both looked smug and shrugged at Namjoon, before the model beamed at Jungkook, “Yeah, that’s the actual reason. But it’s sweet of you to think I could come up with that plan.”

Jungkook shook his head, “You , hyung.”

“I do a lot more than that Jungkookie,” Taehyung said with a wink causing Jungkook to make gagging noise.

“That’s exactly how it sounds,” Hoseok said from the bar, causing Jimin to slam an elbow backwards and into his ribs.

Jungkook flushed, the gross feeling growing worse as he saw the performer and the photographer leaning close to each other and whispering something back and forth. Jungkook wasn’t going to be one of those guys who fell for somebody they don’t even really know, and then get jealous over their significant others.

“Jungkook-ah, there you are, we’ve got to go. You have a shoot tomorrow early in the morning,” Jungkook’s manager said, huffing after rushing to the younger male.

“Oh, okay.” Jungkook replied before turning back to the group, “Bye hyungs, it was nice to meet you. You still Taehyung, and I hate you. Have a good night guys.”

Jungkook laughed along with the rest as he began to follow his hyung through the crowd, though he casted one last glance back and locked eyes with Hoseok’s that were narrowed and intense.

, I am so one of those guys.

*

“Okay, hyung. Thank you for letting me know, I’ll be ready by then,” Jungkook replied into his matte black iPhone. He hummed again in acknowledgement at his manager before they both traded quick byes and he slipped his phone into his pocket.

Jungkook tugged his hat a little lower before he entered a small coffee shop close to his apartment. He was hit with warm air and the strong smell of coffee. He lips quirked up as he headed toward the counter.

“Hi Uncle,” Jungkook greeted the owner at the cashier spot. The owner was old enough to be Jungkook’s grandpa but even after they had gotten close, Jungkook refused to call him that. He always thought that the owner seemed more like an Uncle than a grandpa, his physical age may have been old, but his mental was definitely not. Jungkook would know, he’s been on the receiving end of his pranks for way too long.

“Ah, Jungkookie, the usual?” Jungkook nodded, and turned to walk away before the elder spoke up again, “Wow two famous people under my roof, what did I do to deserve this?”

Jungkook turned around confused, only to see him nod toward a table tucked back into the corner.

,” Jungkook whispered to himself, before bowing back at the owner and walking toward the table. This is the fourth time he has bumped into the rapper in the two short weeks between the fashion show and now. Jungkook was not complaining, not at all, but on the other hand he was. Each time they bumped into each other, Jungkook’s crush got a little bigger each time. The little run-ins often turned into hour long hang-outs that included food, jokes, and a whole lot of laughs.

“Hyung,” Jungkook called, “I’m starting to think your stalking me.”

Hoseok looked up startled from his laptop before laughing loudly, the sound sending a rattle through Jungkook’s body. “Jungkookie! I was here first, are you sure you’re not stalking me?”

Jungkook ignored the other’s wiggling eyebrows and sat down just as a worker set his coffee down in front of him. He mumbled a thanks before turning back to Hoseok.

“I’ve been coming here for years, hyung,” Jungkook said, his hands wrapping around his mug, “So I think it’s you doing the following, not me.”

“Ah, but see that’s where I got you beat my sweet Jungkookie,” Hoseok said with a smug look as he closed his laptop, “The owner’s my Uncle.”

Jungkook’s mouth dropped own and he whirled around in his chair to give the owner a look of betrayal, only to look straight into a stomach. He looked up and realized that the owner was looking down at him with an amused smile.

“Jungkookie, I didn’t know you knew my nephew Hoseokkie,” The Uncle said cheerfully causing Jungkook to narrow his eyes and Hoseok to chuckle.

“Oh, we know each very well, Uncle,” Hoseok teased, his Uncle joining him in laughing.

“I didn’t know that Hoseok was your nephew, Uncle,” Jungkook replied, choosing to ignore the blatant betrayal (and the fluttering in his heart from the rapper’s words), his lips forming a small pout, “You never told me you knew somebody famous.”

Hoseok’s Uncle laughed, “Well he’s not nearly as famous as you are, so I didn’t think about it.”

“Uncle!” Hoseok cried out, his arms crossing over his chest while Jungkook blushed and tilted his head downward.

“Oh!” The Uncle startled quickly, “If you know Hoseok you must know Jimin.”

Jungkook lips straightened before he looked up with a smile on his face, “Yeah, he was the photographer for the last runway I walked at.”

“Yeah, I thought I heard him mentioning you. I’m not surprised, anywhere this one goes,” He said jerking his thumb at his nephew, “The other follows.”

Hoseok laughed and Jungkook just smiled in response, fighting hard to keep the sinking feeling away.

“Mr. Park! This customer would like to talk to you!” The cashier yelled out, an aggravated man standing in front of the worker.

“Duty calls,” Hoseok’s uncle bowed, “Have fun you two” he said as he winked and walked away.

“What a small world. He knows Jimin too?” Jungkook asked, his smile tight on his lips.

Hoseok shot him a strange look before nodding, “Of course, Uncle is Jiminnie’s-”

Jungkook’s phone rang cutting the older off, “I need to answer this, its manager hyung. I should probably get going too. I’ll see you later, hyung?”

Hoseok nodded, his smile small, and shooed Jungkook off with a wave.

Jungkook made his way out of the small coffee shop, his phone next to his ear, and his conversation long forgotten. The only remnants was the small crack that seems to appear every time Hoseok is around.

*

“That was a good show, babe!” Taehyung yelled before latching onto Yoongi.

“I know, now as much as I love you, please get off of me. You’re ing heavy.” Yoongi replied, his arms pushing Taehyung off of his back and into his arms for a small peck. “Thanks for coming baby, and thanks for tagging along Jungkook-ah, I know this isn’t your scene.”

Jungkook nodded, his hand reaching up to scratch the back of his neck, “Ah hyung, no I like your all’s music.”

Taehyung shot Yoongi a look before glancing over at Hoseok who was huddled in the corner looking over Jimin’s should at his camera. “Jungkookie really likes Hobi hyung’s performance.”

Yoongi looked over at the two and then to Jungkook before he nods. “It’s a really good song, and Hobi is a natural-born performer.”

Jungkook shoots a glare at his best friend who ignored it, instead smacking his boyfriend on the as he walked away.

“Could you not say things like that?” Jungkook asked as they both settled into the couch in the room.

“Like what?” Taehyung questioned, but Jungkook knew that his best friend was no fool.

Jungkook sighed, “I don’t want to make anything awkward.”

Taehyung tilted his head, “Okay, I really don’t understand what you’re talking about. Make what awkward?”

“I mean with Hoseok and Jimin,” Jungkook said quietly.

“But why would it be awk-oh, ohhhh.” Taehyung’s eyes widened, “You don’t know, Jungkook?”

“Know what?” Jungkook replied, his eye narrowing at the fellow model.

“That Jimin is-”

“Jungkookie!” Hoseok yelled, launching himself onto the youngest’s back, “I’ve missed you. I’m so glad you came tonight.”

Jungkook laughed and shoved Hoseok off. His conversation with his best friend forgotten, his attention focused solely on the freshly dyed red-head in front of him.

Taehyung watched them with a mischievous look in his eyes.

“Tae, what the are you up to?” Yoongi asked his boyfriend, knowing that look, before shaking his head, “No. Don’t tell me. I can’t lie if I don’t know the truth.”

*

“Okay, why do you keep giggling?” Jungkook finally asked after listening to his best friend giggle on and off again for the past thirty minutes.

Taehyung smiled at his phone one last time before locking it and leaning forward to face the young model. “How are you and Hobi hyung doing?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes and went back to working on his paper due next week. “I told you not to talk like that. It’s going to cause misunderstandings, Tae.”

Taehyung snickered to himself, “Oh, I think it’s too late for that.”

Jungkook paused in his typing and cut his eyes at the older, “What?”

Taehyung smiled and waved it off, “You have a talk show next week right? Is anybody guesting with you?”

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, before returning back to his paper, “I don’t know. Hyung said something about another guest, but apparently he’s pretty hard to get for interviews so nothing was confirmed yet.”

“Oh, interesting. Well, on that note, I’ve got to go.” Taehyung said as he stood up and practically ran towards the door, yelling a final bye before he slammed the door shut.

Jungkook just hummed, noticing the odd behavior of his best friend but writing it off as Tae’s usual antics.

Jungkook continued to work on his paper, finally finishing an hour later before deciding that he would make his way to Uncle’s coffee shop to reward himself for a job well done. He grabbed a hoodie, his wallet and keys and then headed out.

Jungkook enjoyed the short walk to the coffee shop. He often used it to people watch, and to just clear his head from his hectic work life, but this time his mind was filled with Hoseok. He was trying to stomp down the hope that he might run into him again. Ever since their first bump in at the coffee shop, it ended up happening more frequently. At first it was by accident, and then they started to make plans to meet there. They’d retreat into a back corner and either talk for hours, or just work on their laptops.

Jungkook fights down the urge to smile, he loved the coffee shop before, but now it means a lot more. Jungkook has to resist calling it their place, the guilt that comes with the thought quickly pushes it aside.

Jungkook sighs as he steps in the door, smiling immediately as he sees Uncle behind the counter.

The older man lights up upon seeing the young model, “Jungkookie! Wow, today must be a lucky day.”

Jungkook laughs in response, “Why is that Uncle?”

“I’m used to you and Hoseokkie here in the shop, but today our little Jiminnie is visiting too,” The older smiles wider and tilts his head towards the back corner where Jungkook and Hoseok usually occupy.

He doesn’t know why he does, maybe he thinks it won’t hurt as much as he knows it will, but he leans to the right and peaks around the counter to see the small photographer leaning over the table, his face close to Hoseok, a smiles on both faces. Jungkook watches as the two clasps hands over the table and he has to turn away as Jimin leans in a little closer, the smiles slowly fading from his face.

Suddenly the coffee shop is too hot, there’s too many people, and it’s too much for Jungkook.

“Should I tell them-” The older man startled as Jungkook cuts him off.

“No!” Jungkook yells, wincing because it was louder than he meant to, but he his heel quickly, “I’ve just remembered that I’ve got to go. I’ll see you later, Uncle.”

Jungkook bolted out the door and down the sidewalk, he didn’t slow down until he was inside his apartment. He knew it was cliché, but he couldn’t help throwing himself onto his bed to cry, his heartbreaking.

Jungkook knew it would hurt to see them together, to see them there, but he didn’t know it would hurt this bad.

*

Jungkook’s not sure if he’s happy that his schedule has been so packed or not. He’s been shuffled from one shoot to another, and then rushing to classes or doing homework when he has any free time.

He’s avoided the coffee shop since it happened, partially because he’s embarrassed, but mostly because he doesn’t want to run into Hoseok.

Unfortunately, Hoseok had heard his little exclamation and had texted him later about it. Jungkook had replied shortly, and then hadn’t replied at all to the texts from him afterwards.

Jungkook knows he’s being unfair and mean to the performer, but he’s quick to shut down after he gets hurts. He needs to be alone, he needs to hurt by himself so he can try and get rid of his stupid feelings for the man.

TaeTae

Okay, what the are you doing Jeon Jungkook?

Read 8:43

TaeTae

What did you do to Hobi hyung?

Read 8:50

TaeTae

Jeon Jungkook

Read 8:56

TaeTae

ing

Read 8:57

TaeTae

Answer

Read 8:57

TaeTae

Me

Read 8:58

Hobi Hyung

Please tell me what I did wrong, Jungkook.

Read 1:06 a.m.

 

Jungkook sighed, and curled further into himself. He was so stupid, letting his lack of control over his feelings hurt somebody he cared about so much. Hoseok didn’t deserve to be treated like this, and Jungkook knows now that Hoseok deserves somebody much better than himself. Someone who won’t hurt him, like he has.

KookKook

I messed up, in more ways than one Tae.

Delivered 1:05 a.m.

 

KookKook

It really ing hurts. And now I hurt him,

and I can’t fix it without telling him how I

feel and if I do that I’ll lose him.

Delivered 1:10 a.m.

KookKook

But I guess either way, I already have..

Delivered 1:13 a.m.

KookKook

I’m going to turn my phone off for a little while,

I’m tired hyung. I’ll see you at my talk show?

Read 6:48 a.m.

TaeTae

Oh Kookie, don’t shut down, please.

Message Not Sent

TaeTae

I’m so sorry. I should have told you sooner.

I didn’t think it would get this out of hand.

This will get better. I promise.

Message Not Sent

TaeTae

I’ll be at your show. I love you.

Message Not Sent

*

Woah, why do you look like ?”

Jungkook shot a glare at his manager at he climbed into the passenger seat, before he buckled his seat belt and mumble, “I didn’t sleep well last night.”

Jungkook could feel his manager looking at him but he just kept his eyes on the road. He heard him sigh before pulling onto the main road.

Jungkook appreciated his manager who knew when to ask questions and when to simply just be there by him. He also appreciated the coffee that he brought with him for Jungkook, knowing that he’ll need the extra caffeine to get him through this interview.

He could feel his phone heavy in his black bag, but he didn’t want to turn it on, ever if possible. Jungkook wasn’t upset at Taehyung, he couldn’t be when he knew he deserved it. Taehyung has always been quick to call him out on things, just like he is with him, it’s what works with their friendship and helps them in their careers. But Jungkook’s heart hurts right now, and he knows that’s dramatic but he can’t help it, he goes with his heart too much of the time.

He knew he was in trouble the first time he saw Hoseok perform, a part of him can’t believe it’s been six months since that time, since he fell for the way he smiled on stage, and seemed so passionate about what he was doing, the way the whole atmosphere could change within seconds if Hoseok wanted it too. He had everybody wrapped around his finger, Jungkook wrapped the tightest.

He thinks back to the last gathering the group had altogether, a few days before the coffee shop incident. He thinks back to the way Hoseok fluttered around their small group, always fitting perfectly between the others. He remembers watching Hoseok sneak up behind Yoongi (who was secretly soft, but still not somebody to mess with) and move his arms in various ways making the older seem as though he was dancing. He remembers Taehyung and Jimin doubled over in laughter, and Namjoon watching off to the side fondly, and he remembers the smile that Yoongi was fighting as Hoseok added his own background music to the sporadic dance moves.

“He’s a good guy,” Seokjin had said quietly as he slid over next to Jungkook, “There’s this light that just kind of shimmers around him, one that feels like happiness.”

The youngest only nodded in agreement, watching a little longer before turning to look at the eldest, only to be surprised that he was already looking at Jungkook.

“He’s a good guy,” Seokjin had repeated, “But he’s skittish, guarded. He’s been hurt a lot. Gone through so much, seen too much. The light he has around him is a blessing and a curse for him. People either get drawn to him in a good way and love his bright personality, or they lash out at him, envious for what he has compared to their misery.”

Jungkook had only swallowed the knot in his throat before Seokjin smiled faintly at him, “We worry about him sometimes. But he’s seemed happier since you’ve came along. We all breathe a little easier with you here Jungkook-ah, it’s like you were our missing piece.”

The young model could only blink to hold back his tears, and Seokjin had squeezed his shoulder like he knew, and Jungkook was sure he did. He felt like they were the missing pieces to his life.

But had they been wrong?

Jungkook lets out a loud groan noise as they pull into the parking lot of the TV station he was interviewing at.

“Come on, it won’t be that bad,” His manager said in mock cheer, already out of the van and on his way inside.

Jungkook grumbles about stupid interviews the whole way to his dressing room. Models doing interviews isn’t supper common, but since Jungkook is so young and has a mass following of fans, TV shows try to get him to appear. He seldom does the shows because he doesn’t like talking on his own, especially in front of people, but his agency makes him do at least one every few months.

“Hyung,” Jungkook called as his makeup artist pulled away after the finishing touches were done. He was going to ask who the other guest was, but couldn’t get it out because Taehyung promptly busted through the door, Yoongi coming up behind him looking apologetic.

“What are you doing here?” Jungkook asked, panicking when he saw the hurt in his best friends eyes, “Not that I’m not happy you’re here, I just thought you would meet me afterwards.”

Taehyung laughed and scratched the back of his neck, “Yeah, about that,”

“For the record,” Yoongi interrupted, “I didn’t know what was going on till like ten minutes ago, because if I don’t know I can’t lie.”

Jungkook paused, and then immediately narrowed his eyes at his best friend, “What did you do?”

Taehyung laughed again before tugging him out of his chair, “I didn’t do anything, your manager did it.”

Jungkook shot his manager a questioning look, to which he got a smug look and finger guns in response.

“Jungkook, we’re about to start filming, if you could head to the set now, that’s be great,” A PD said, tugging Jungkook in the direction of the stage.

“Have fun, love you!” Taehyung yelled as Jungkook rounded the corner.

“Alright, if you could sit here, and then the other guest will sit next to you,” The PD directed, placing Jungkook on the outside of the couch and leaving the loveseat open closest to the interviewers desk empty.

As much as Jungkook hates interviews, he bristles at the fact that he’s on the outside, but then remembers that the other guest was supposedly harder than Jungkook to get for interviews so he pushes the feeling away.

“Hello, Jungkook,” The interviewer greets as she takes her place at the desk, Jungkook bows in a greeting before she focuses on her script.

“Hello J-Hope,” Jungkook heard the interviewers voice greet, his head shooting up quick to see the rapper approaching the couch. His heart flutters at the smile he gives the interviews, and he has to shove the jealously down because Hoseok is not his. Hoseok is Jimin’s.

“Hi Kook,” Hoseok said softly, and Jungkook gave a timid smile back before the interviewer cut in.

“I was kind of surprised to hear that we got you for this interview,” She said, her script cards still in her hands.

“Yeah, I don’t really like doing interviews, but I guess you could say this offer was just too good to pass up. I’m just glad you all still decided to have me on the show even though we accepted the offer so late.” Hoseok laughed as he replied, but Jungkook paused, did Hoseok know that he was going to be on this show?

“Okay, we’re ten seconds people!” The PD yelled out as everybody got into place. Jungkook took a deep breath and then relaxed into the couch, a small smirk playing on his lips. He was looking towards the camera but spared a quick glance to the rapper next to him.

He was lounged back against the loveseat, completely relaxed with a smile tugging on the corner of his lips. This was J-Hope, the man that was sensual smiles and oozed confidence, he wasn’t like the warmth and happiness Hoseok was.

Jungkook stole one last look at the man beside him before he turned back to the camera, ready for the show to begin.

*

Jungkook was actually having a good time with this interview. She asked funny questions, and Hoseok and Jungkook played off of each other really well.

“Alright, so we announced that you two were going to guest with us this morning and we had fans send in questions for us to ask you guys, so let’s move on to that!” The interviewer said with a smile before pulling out an IPad. Jungkook internally groaned, with stuff like this he liked to leaf through the fan questions himself to mentally prepare, but he turned his phone off this last night and completely missed the chance.

“First question: Jungkook, you’re known to be rather shy, have you met J-Hope before or is this the first time?”

Jungkook looks over at the rapper who looks back at him before they both laugh, and Jungkook answers, “We actually already know each other. We had mutual friends, and now we just have one big friend group.”

The interviewer let out an ahhh, before moving on, “J-Hope, Mama was a great song, inspired from a great place. Are you going to drop another song soon? Where do you get your inspiration from?”

J-Hope nodded before he answered, “I am actually working on a song right now. Instead of releasing it individually like I did with Mama, it’ll be on my next mixtape that should be coming out soon.”

Jungkook smiles at the wink Hoseok shoots the camera before he continues, “I kind of get my inspiration from everywhere. Experiences and people, stuff like that.”

The interviewer nodded before interjecting her own question, “Can you tell us where this new song’s inspiration came from?”

Hoseok laughed before he looked over at Jungkook, “I met somebody recently, and I knew that this person was probably going to change my life.” Hoseok then smiled softly towards the camera, “And I’m still waiting and hoping to see if it’s true though.”

Jungkook’s breath caught, was it him?

The interviewer continued asking questions, future projects, possible collaborations, etc. and Jungkook couldn’t help but enjoy himself. He was even surpsired that the MC announced that they had time for one last question before it was time to wrap up.

“Oh, here’s a good one for the both of you. What are your ideal types?”

Jungkook fought the blush on his cheeks and tried to come across nonchalant when he answered, “My ideal type is somebody that’s passionate about what they do.”

The interviewer cooed at his answer before turning to Hoseok who smiled, “My ideal type is Jungkook.”

Jungkook could have sworn that everybody stopped moving once the words had left him mouth. He surprisingly recovered the quickest and shot him a playful glare, “Ha ha, Hyung. That’s a good joke.”
 

Hoseok narrowed his eyes at him, silently challenging him, “It’s not a joke.”

There was silence in the studio, the interviewer at a loss of words, before the PD interjected, “Cut!” The PD shouted, “Let’s take a short break and then we’ll film the ending and be done!”

Everybody immediately scurried around, the interviewer quickly fleeing the set.

“That’s not funny, hyung.” Jungkook said, his eyebrows furrowed, hurt seeping into his tone.

Hoseok crossed his arms and leveled his gaze at Jungkook, “I’m not joking.”

Jungkook crossed his arms over his chest, “You shouldn’t say things like that when you have a boyfriend. I didn’t think you were that kind of person.”

Hoseok looked startled, “Boy-what? What are you-I’m definitely not that kind of person because I don’t have a boyfriend?”

“But Jimin,” Jungkook trailed off watching the look of disgust cross over Hoseok’s face, “is not your boyfriend?”

“No! Ew gross!” Jungkook heard Jimin yelling from the side before seeing Taehyung drag away the photographer, “Shut up Chim, your totally killing their moment.”

Hoseok laughed as the two began to wrestle as they moved away from the main area before he turned back to Jungkook, “That explains so much. Jimin is not my boyfriend, he’s my childhood best friend, basically like a brother. You left that one day when we were at the coffee shop before I could tell you, but Uncle is Jimin’s dad, we’re kind of like cousins, but Uncle is more of a Godfather than an actual Uncle.”

“But you guys are kind of, um, handsy?” Jungkook said, his eyes looking down at the floor, suddenly feeling like an idiot and kind of hating his friends for not telling him because he knows that they knew.

Hoseok laughed, and Jungkook’s stomach did this swoop thing but now guilt doesn’t follow behind it, “I’m handsy with everybody. Also, when I worked in the underground unit, some people didn’t like taking no for an answer so Jimin helped me out by always hanging around.”

Jungkook felt a flare of anger at those people but it quickly dimmed when Hoseok cupped Jungkook’s face, “You are so cute.”

Jungkook flushed quickly, “I really like you, Hoseok hyung.”
Hoseok laughed and pulled Jungkook in for a kiss, uncaring of the people around them.

“I really like you too, Jungkook-ah.” Hoseok muttered against his lips.

*

“Are you sure you’re okay doing this, baby?” Hoseok asked, a hand on Jungkook’s face while the other was wrapped around a mic.

Jungkook nodded, both hands wrapped tightly around his own mic, as he fought back the nerves and simply stared at his boyfriend.

“Woah, you look like you’re going to barf!” Taeyhyung yelled as he came down the stage, his black hair sticking to his forehead, before he’s ushered back to the changing room.

“I love Tae, but he is so not helpful.” Hoseok sighed, before kissing Jungkook quickly on the lips and running up on stage.

Jungkook could hear his boyfriend’s new song blare through the speakers surrounding the runway, and he could feel the fluttering in his chest as he caught his boyfriend performing, shining like he always does.

“You can do it JK!” Yoongi yelled as he passed him, the rapper sweaty from his own performance. Jungkook flashed him a smile and thumbs up before he heard Hoseok yell, “And now, making his debut as a singer, supermodel and my boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook!”

Jungkook took a deep breath before running onto the stage. He saw Jin and Namjoon leaning into each other, flash him a thumbs up and Jimin smile brightly as he took pictures of the two and the models surrounding them.

Jungkook looked next to him, at J-Hope, who was sensual smiles and confidence, but saw his Hoseok when he smiled at him.

There’s something different about him.

Jungkook felt the rapper grab his hand as they bowed, the crowd clapping as the models finished their round. He felt Jin and Namjoon come up behind them, and saw as Taehyung doubled back to squat in front of them, while dragging his boyfriend down, and finally Jimin came up and latched onto Jungkook’s side. He looked around, before looking at Jimin’s assistant as he took pictures.

No¸ Jungkook thought as they laughed together at Taehyung falling over, he squeezed Hoseok’s hand earning a wide smile, There’s something different about all of us together.

****

Bonus

 

“I can’t believe you thought that we were together,” Jimin said in disgust, quickly downing a glass of champagne, “I would never.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, “Are we ever going to move past this? Also, in my defense, you two were really ing handsy. And there was all that whispering and leaning into each other.”

Taehyung nodded in agreement, “That is kind of gay.”

“Yeah, but Taehyung, you know what used to happen to Hobi when we were at places like that.” Jin spoke up, shooting a disapproving look towards the model, who nodded, “True.”

“What happened?” Jungkook asked, before Hobi tilted his head and kissed him on the mouth, “Nothing for you to worry about, baby.”

Jimin snorted, “People got really aggressive when they couldn’t get what they wanted.”

Hoseok shot Jimin a look before turning back to Jungkook, “Don’t worry, nothing ever actually happened.”

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, before kissing him hard on the mouth, “Good.”

Hoseok laughed at Jungkook, knowing that his boyfriend doesn’t have an aggressive bone in his body, “As for the whispering,” Hoseok said, leaning in he whispered, “I told him that you were going to be mine.

Jungkook couldn’t control the shiver that ran down his spine, before he smirked, “Well, what are you waiting for?” He left the rest of the question unspoken, but Hoseok didn’t need the words to get the message.

“We’re leaving,” Hoseok said, promptly standing and dragging a giggling Jungkook away. The rest of the group snorted, but watched fondly as the couple left, their fingers intertwined.

“I love you, Jeon Jungkook.” Hoseok said, as they stopped at a red light, his mouth finding the back of Jungkook’s hand to place a soft kiss onto it.

“I love you too, Jung Hoseok.” Jungkook said, leaning over to kiss him on the cheek, “I even love boy J-Hope, too, I just hope he’s not all talk.”

Hoseok laughed loudly before turning his gaze on the younger, “I don’t think he’ll disappoint.”

Jungkook felt the shiver of desire again, before they were both laughing.

Jungkook knew Hoseok was different the moment he saw him stand on stage a year ago.

Hoseok knew, after seeing Jungkook all those years ago, that he was going to change his world.

 

 

 

“Alright, so who’s going to snitch Hoseok out to Jungkook?” Jimin asked, looking around the group.

“Me,” Yoongi said roughly, “I had to listen to him talk about Jungkook this and Jungkook that, and wow he’s so pretty, for three ing years.” Yoongi paused to down a glass of wine, “ him, I’m telling Jungkook everything.”

“Even the pillow?” Namjoon asked, slightly terrified but mostly amused.

“Even the pillow.” Yoongi said, Taehyung rubbing his back and whispering Go yooongles, you show him who’s boss.


A/N: See you all next year, lol.

You're a brave soul.

DoubleX