You don't love me anymore.

Collections of Junghope

Word Count: 1903

Hoseok knows that Jungkook doesn't love him anymore, and Jungkook is not sure if Hoseok ever loved him in the first place.

It's not angst, I promise. It's roughly written so good luck. Fighting!


Hoseok knows that Jungkook isn’t overly affectionate. Hoseok also knows that he himself is not clingy, or at least in private. But even Hoseok can feel the rift that is starting to form between them. He knows that he is not pulling away, so it must be Jungkook. Hoseok knows it’s Jungkook, it doesn’t even really take that much thought because yeah Jungkook isn’t overly affectionate, but he does like to make sure that Hoseok knows the younger loves him.

Suddenly Hoseok knows what is causing the rift between them, and he’d be lying if he said his heart didn’t break a little.

 “Jungkook,” Hoseok called softly, they were in the library studying together along with Jimin and Yoongi. The younger didn’t hear him and Hoseok realized that he had ear phones on. Hoseok nudges Jimin’s foot under the table and then nodded towards his boyfriend. Understanding flashed in Jimin’s eyes before he nudged the youngest of them and then goes back to his statistics.

Jungkook looks up and over at Jimin before realizing that Hoseok was the one who wanted his attention.

“What do you want hyung?” Jungkook said softly as he pulled an ear phone out. Hoseok didn’t really like Jungkook’s tone, it was cold and distant, and just not Jungkook.

“Do you want to come over later?” Hoseok asked gently. Hoseok knew that Jungkook was going to make up some excuse as to why he couldn’t so he added a desperate please and the younger seemed to cave.

“Okay, hyung.”

And Hoseok knew that something was going to change tonight, and another part of his heart broke as he watched Jungkook laugh about something with Taehyung who just joined them.

Something was going to change, and Hoseok knew it probably wasn’t for the better.

*

“Hi hyung,” Jungkook greeted with a smile and Hoseok smiled back but kept his eyes trained on the younger’s face. He wanted to memorize everything about his best friend.

Hoseok and Jungkook met through Jimin and Yoongi. Yoongi was Hoseok’s best friend and Jungkook was best friends with Jimin in high school. They met, danced around the fact they wanted to be together and then bam! got together. Hoseok is now a junior in college, and Jungkook is the baby freshmen of the group.

“Do you want something to eat?” Hoseok called from the kitchen.

“No hyung, I-can we talk?”

And that’s what Hoseok was afraid of.

“Sure Jungkook,” Hoseok said as he settled onto the couch in front of his boyfriend, “Let’s talk.”

Hoseok watched the younger open his mouth and then close it repeatedly. He knew his boyfriend was struggling to find his words, much more a man of action. Hoseok grew tired of the silence.

“You don’t love me anymore.” Hoseok said matter-of-factly.

Jungkook’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped. Hoseok just stared at him.

“I-you-what?” Jungkook stuttered out and then he started laughing. But it wasn’t his beautiful laugh that melted Hoseok to his core, it was sad and Hoseok hates when his boyfriend is sad.

Hoseok opened his mouth to restate his sentence but Jungkook beat him to it.

“I don’t love you anymore?” Jungkook asked in disbelief, the older nodded his head in reply.

Jungkook laughed again, “I think I should be asking you that.”

Hoseok looks at the younger confused, but before he can reply Jungkook stands up.

“I think we need a break hyung,”

“What?”

Jungkook looked sad and Hoseok knew that his heart is shattering.

“I’m in love with you Hoseok, but I don’t think that’s a shared feeling.”

Jungkook is out the door before Hoseok can respond and then there were tears.

He was right after all.

*

“What’s the answer to number 4, Hobi?” Jin asked, as he glanced at the other’s microbiology sheet.

“Jungkook and I are on a break,” Hoseok answered.

"Huh, I don't think that's one of the options," Jin said as he looked over the multiple choice answers, but he then looked at the younger and nodded as he slid the sheet from under the younger’s arm, “Yeah, I know. We all know. Jungkook has been avoiding everybody besides Jimin this past week.”

“He’s been drifting away from me and I told him he doesn’t love me anymore then he said that he was in love with me but he doesn’t think his feeling are returned.” Hoseok explained as he searched through his book to answer question 12, the conversation seemed casual to anyone who heard it, but Jin knew that Hoseok was distraught on the inside.

Jin shrugged, leafing through his own book, “I can understand that.”

Hoseok stole his paper back and looked at his hyung, “You think I don’t love Jungkook?”

“No, I think you do love Jungkook. I mean I can see it,” Jin explained, “But I’m your brother, and I know that since Jungkook has come into your life you’re happier.”

Hoseok nodded in agreement, “But Hobi, I can see him saying that. You’re so independent that it’s almost like you don’t know how to relationship.”

Hoseok stared at his brother in confusion.

Jin sighed, “I can see that actions that you do to express your love Jungkook, they’re subtle but they are there. But have you ever said you love Jungkook? Do you ever say things that show you love him? Jungkook is a man of action too, but I’ve heard him multiple times express his love for you.”

Hoseok remained quiet, he had different thoughts flowing through his head now.

“What’s Jungkook saved as in your phone?” Jin asked.

“My Baby.” Hoseok answered.

Jin nodded, “Have you ever called Jungkook baby?”

Hoseok shook his head and now everything is making sense.

“Well, .”

*

“Jungkook!” Hoseok yelled down the dance corridor after spotting the young boy come out of a practice room. He watched as the younger looked at him and then sprinted away.

“Jungkook!” Hoseok yelled again as he took off right behind the boy. “ing cheetah. What the hell, are you Usain Bolt in disguise? What the does mama Jeon feed you?”

Hoseok was know people were laughing as he sprinted by, probably thinking it’s hilarious as the dance champion and dance team captain sprinted through the corridors yelling curse after curse.

People know that Hoseok and Jungkook are a couple, or maybe they don’t know. They’re not really into the whole PDA thing, but they also don’t really care if people knew or not so nothing was ever confirmed for their fellow peers.

“Jungkook, would you slow the down!” Hoseok yelled again, “Please, baby!”

Hoseok liked the feeling of that word rolling off his tongue, and he also liked seeing Jungkook stop in midstride, his whole face flushed a blood red.

Hoseok finally caught up and grabbed the younger’s hand, bent over as he gasped for air.

“We,” Hoseok said pausing to take a deep breath, “needtotalk.” He said in one breath before dragging the younger off and trying to catch his breath still.

Jungkook let himself be pulled behind his boyfriend, still in an embarrassed state from earlier.

“Come on,” Hoseok said as he tugged his boyfriend into the empty practice room.

“Wh-what was that?” Jungkook finally said as they both dropped onto the sofa set up against the wall.

“You tell me. Like what the do you eat, baby? How do you run so fast?” Hoseok said, as his breathing finally evened out.

“Some of us hit the gym and exercise hyung. You should try it sometime,” Jungkook replied as he rolled his eyes before continuing, “No that. You never call me baby.”

Hoseok laughed at that before squeezing the younger’s hand. He sat up straight and used his other hand to cup Jungkook’s cheek. “I call you baby all the time. It’s just, I say it in my head and for some reason I think that it’s out loud.”

Jungkook couldn’t help the look of disbelief on his face, but then he reached up and pinched the older’s cheek extremely hard.

“You’re a ing idiot.”

Hoseok wiggled his face out of the other’s grip and pouted, “I’m sorry you feel like I’m not in love with you.”

Jungkook reached out and slightly caressed the other’s cheek, “I’ve been thinking about it hyung, and I think I was out of line when I said that. I’ve been talking to Jimin and Yoongi and I realized I was being selfish and should respect you and your personality. I should understand that you put love into your actions.”

Hoseok smiled at the younger’s words, “I guess we both learned something with this break. I’m sorry that I don’t show that I love you. You’re my first boyfriend Jungkook. I’ve never been with somebody before you because I was just so scared of being loved and loving. I don’t want to become so attached and so dependent on you being in my life that when you decide to leave me I won’t be able to pick up the pieces.”

Hoseok opened his mouth to continue only to feel Jungkook’s lips on his briefly.

“Do not say when.”

“What?”

Jungkook sighed, “You said when I decide to leave you. I am never going to decide to leave you. I am so in love with you Hoseok, please know that you are more than worthy of being loved and being loved by you is the greatest thing that could ever happen to me.”

Hoseok can’t stop the tears that pooled in his eyes, “I, I’m in love with you Jungkook. You are my whole entire world. Thank you for loving me so gently and patiently.”

*

“And five, six, seven,” Hoseok counted as he clapped his hands on the beat. His boyfriend had missed the last dance meeting because of his vocal exam and now he was learning the routine as the other’s began to warm up and stretch.

“Good job, baby!” Hoseok cheered as the younger completed the correct choreography, his arms instinctively wrapping around his boyfriend’s neck pulling him close.

Jungkook beamed before kissing the older quickly on the mouth. “Thanks, babe.”

“What the actual ?” A dance member said from the ground where he was stretching, his mouth wide open.

“What Jongin?” Hoseok asked before noticing the rest of the team’s face that were filled with looks of disbelief.

“You just called Jungkook baby?” Jongin said slowly, the rest of the members nodding before he added, “And he kissed you.”

Well, Hoseok thought, I guess they didn’t know.

“I mean he is my boyfriend of two years,” Hoseok said carefully, he felt the arms around his waist squeeze a little harder, “That’s not a problem is it?”

Everybody just stared at the couple before the whole team started laughing.

“Damn Hoseok hyung, why would it be? It’d be a little hypocritical of me to say yeah it is a problem if you two were together if I’m dating Kyungsoo hyung.” Jongin said, “But me. We’ve been waiting for you two to get together forever and now we find out you’ve been together for two years!”

The rest of the team yelled agreements and even booed the couple before laughing again.

Jungkook and Hoseok ignored the teasing from the other members and as they laughed to one another and talked about the new-to them-couple.

“I love you Jung Hoseok.” Jungkook said softly, his ears red.

Hoseok stared at the younger and then opened his mouth, but before words could tumble out Jungkook kissed him softly and then pulled back with a knowing smile.

Because Jungkook didn’t need for Hoseok to say those words back, not when he looks at him like that. When his eyes show that Jungkook is his whole world and nothing else is more important than him.

When Hoseok’s eyes show all the love and adoration for him, Jungkook doesn’t need the words.