Mine

Collections of Junghope

Warning there is mentions of skipping meals, not because of an eating disorder, but illness. There is also mention of could-be homophobia, and bullying. Please do not read if any of that bothers you!

Jungkook always knew that Hoseok was going to be his, fate just decided to give them a hand.

Word Count: 7,617

A/N: There's a lot of cursing, just a heads up. Fair warning, good luck! Junghope Fighting!


Jung Hoseok knew that he was anything but popular. He knew that he wasn’t anything special, he was slightly athletic, he could dance pretty decently, he was ordinary in looks, and he was smart enough. Hoseok was a happy person- a person that had many fears, but still a very happy person, many people at his dance studio actually refer to him as J-Hope, a nickname that he received from a very young age, but he just liked smiling- it was much easier than frowning in his eyes. He knew that his temper was very mild and he could never hold a grudge or get too angry even if he wanted to. Unfortunately, this is one of those times when he wanted to.

“You ing , get up,” A harsh voice commanded. Hoseok bit his lip and staggered to his knees, only to receive another kick to his side, causing him to crumble back to the ground. He curled into his side, keeping his face protected at all cost. It’s much easier to hide bruises on the body than the face. That way, Hoseok can avoid any questions, and his bullies seemed to agree for they usually go for his ribs.

He wheezed and drug himself into an upright position against the wall. The pair, a male and female, finally left him alone after several kicks to his stomach and back. He was lucky that it was only those two this time. Usually they travel in much bigger packs, which meant much bigger bruises for Hoseok.

He doesn’t know what he did to deserve this. He was perfectly invisible to everybody until one day he was cornered by a group of students that proceeded to pummel the crap out of his sides. The guy had called him a , and Hoseok will not deny that he is indeed gay, but it’s not like anybody knew that. Not only did nobody know, but many people supposedly didn’t care. There were many homoual people in the school and people didn’t mind them one bit, but much of it is international students that have freed minds here at BH University. It was just something that the guy used to try and degrade Hoseok, a word to try and destroy Hoseok.

Hoseok wheezed again in pain as he carefully and slowly brought himself to his feet. He supposed it was because he’s a scholarship student. This school was basically made for the rich, and that was something Hoseok was not.

His grandparents were rather wealthy until they had passed away. Instead of giving all of their wealth to their only son, they gave a majority of it to charity, that’s the kind of people the Jung’s were and that’s why his father whole-heartedly encouraged it. They had already bought Hoseok’s parents a very nice house for as a gift for Hoseok’s birth. Then they gave them just enough money to put Hoseok through college. Although unforeseen things began to happen that they used the money for instead. When Hoseok was little, he was in and out of hospitals a lot with a rare illness. At one point, many of his doctors had finally been upfront and told them they weren’t sure Hoseok was going to survive this, and after a particularly nasty round with his illness, most of them-including Hoseok- thought that this was his last fight with it. So his parents wanted to use the remaining money that he had for whatever he wished. After a long talk filled with tears, Hoseok and his parents agreed to use the very small amount they had left after the bills to donate it to research on this disease. That’s just the kind of people they were.

Hoseok was very lucky to have survived and most days he forgets that he was even so sick before. Especially because they had kept everything really quiet. Which was not very hard considering they did not mingle with many people outside the Jung family.

He’s only on a partial scholarship, but it was still a big deal, it paid over eighty percent of his tuition. He could have gotten it all paid for, all he had t do was dance and that would give him a full ride-which would have been the first ever in the University’s program. Hoseok wanted to accept the offer, he really truly did. But he couldn’t. Because at the end of the day, he was still sick and he knew that his lungs would give way long before his legs would.

Hoseok coughed several times as he dragged his way out of the university gates. “Damn it,” he cursed softly, gently prodding his ribs. They may be fractured, again, he thought to himself with annoyance. The third time- or maybe it was the sixth- that Hoseok had gotten beaten up, he drug himself to a small walk-in clinic where they had told him that he had fractured his ribs on his left side and to not dance for a while.

Obviously Hoseok didn’t do that, because that would have been suspicious. He suffered through it, nobody noticed anything. Except for Jimin. Sweet Jiminnie who would do anything for Hoseok, including bandage his wounds up after each beating. Jimin was his first friend he had in high school. They met when Hoseok attended a public high school instead of the private school he used to attend, and were inseparable until Hoseok had to go to college while Jimin was still stuck in high school. Except now, Hoseok is a junior and Jimin is a sophomore in college, but they’re still separated by schools. Jimin’s family is of the middle class and would not be able to afford the University Hoseok attended, nor would Jimin even want to.

But lately Jimin had been pestering Hoseok to tell somebody about the bullies and even threatened that he would do so himself if it kept happening. And no, no way can Hoseok have that happen. So the past few beatings he took alone, he endured them by himself.

Hoseok climbed into his Jeep, wincing some as he closed the door behind him and buckled his seatbelt. Oh, boy. Dance is going to be great today, Hoseok thought as he made his way to the studio with a sigh.

*

“Hobi oppa!” A little girl yelled as she threw herself onto Hoseok’s back as he set his bag down. He coughed to cover up the small yelp of pain that escaped his lips before putting on a large smile.

“Remi, honey,” He said engulfing the small child in his arms, “How are you?”

The little girl smiled and bounced lightly, “I’m good Hobi oppa! I’ve been practicing really hard!”

Hoseok nodded and smiled, while petting her head he responded, “Good job Remi! Oppa is sure you’ve gotten much better!”

The little girl beamed, before pausing. She tilted her head in confusion causing Hoseok to mirror her. “What’s the matter Remi?” He asked gently, but she just shook her head and wiggled out of his grasp.

Hoseok tilted his head a little more before shrugging slightly and standing back up. He was about to gather the kids for their warmups when he saw a head poke in the door. As he raised an eyebrow, a male slips past the head and into the room fully. Breathing heavy he comes up to Hoseok, “Sorry I’m late hyung.”

Hoseok just shook his head at Jimin who quickly set his stuff down and headed to the children. Watching as the kids tackled his best friend, he wandered over to the door, “Jungkook, did you need something?”

The male slid into the room and glanced around, his face blank. “No, I was just seeing if Jimin was on the schedule for tonight.”

Hoseok nodded hiding his disappointment, “Oh, yeah. Tuesday’s Jimin and I share the kid’s intermediate hip-hop class. Did you need him for something?”

The younger shook his head, “No. I was just making sure. I’ll be going now.”

Hoseok hummed before he added, “Alright, see you later.”

He let out a long sigh when the other disappeared before he turned around to see Remi at his feet again. He waited for the little girl to say something but she just stared at him until he bent down, ignoring the pain, to be face to face with her, “Yes Remi?”

Remi tugged on his arm, and pushed the sleeve up. “Why does Oppa have a bruise here?”

Hoseok cursed in his head as he saw Jimin’s head shoot up and his eyes narrow at the pair, his mouth settling into a line. “It’s nothing Remi. Oppa just ran into something earlier, okay? Don’t worry about Hobi Oppa!”

The little girl narrowed her eyes before she seemed pleased enough with his answer as she her heel and headed back to the front of the room. Hoseok cursed the observant nine year old as Jimin made his was over to him.

“Again hyung?” Jimin asked, his eyes darkened noticeably. “You said it wasn’t happening anymore!”

Hoseok peered over to the kids who glanced at them with curious eyes, “Jiminnie, it’s fine. Let it go please.”

Jimin sighed and shook his head, “Sit over there hyung. I’m teaching today’s class.”

Hoseok opened his mouth to argue with the younger, but decided against it. He knew well enough that he was in no shape to teach today. Let alone move. So he hummed and sat in the front corner, watching as Jimin took over the class. His heart broke some when the kids kept glancing at him worriedly, but he just smiled at them and shot them thumbs up as they progressed through the choreography.

After the class finished up, Hoseok helped Jimin clean up despite the younger’s protest before Jimin tugged him to a halt. He had to look away from the worried eyes as Jimin asked, “How bad is it?”

“I think they may have reinjured my ribs,” Hoseok muttered, not meeting the younger’s eyes. He frowned at the other’s curses, “Jimin, please.”

Jimin shook his head, “No Hoseok. You need to tell him. You need somebody that can protect you. God, I would do it myself if I could.” He said the last part more to himself than to the hurt dancer.

“Jiminnie,” Hoseok started, ready to apologize again until Jimin cuts him off, “No Hoseok, it’s not your fault. But please, as much as I hate to say it, you need him to help you.”

“But Jimin,” Hoseok whined before he finally broke. He thought back to earlier, you ing , the phrase on repeat all day in his head and he sobbed at the thought of him finding out. He won’t do that to him. He doesn’t even care about him and Hoseok will not take away any more happiness from him than he already has.

“I know, hyung, I know,” Jimin whispered pulling the other into a hug, careful of his ribs. He gently combed his fingers through his best friend’s hair, his heart shattered as Hoseok whispered, “Why can’t it be you? Why can’t I be in love with you?”

Jimin had to swallow the sadness back down, “Trust me hyung, I wish it was me too.” And Jimin wished more than anything his best friend would have fallen in love with him instead, would return his feelings so that Jimin could hold him whenever e wanted to instead of when he was broken and bruised. Jimin wished Hoseok was his so he could protect him and give him all the love that Jimin realized Hoseok needed-that Hoseok deserved.

Looking up Jimin saw a male standing there frozen at the door. Jimin’s fears were confirmed and he relished having Hoseok in his arms while he could because he’s not the only one who realized that Hoseok deserved everything and more in this world. Unfortunately, unlike the male who frowned deeply as he watched them, eyes darkening before walking off, he cannot give Hoseok what he deserved.

And so he’ll give him the one thing he can.

The chance to have it all.

*

Hoseok was halfway unconscious in dreamland when he heard a gentle knock on his door. He groaned out a “come in” not bothering to even move because it was probably his mother.

“Hullo?”

Hoseok sat up, startled at the voice, before grabbing his side in pain. The new male raised an eyebrow at the action and Hoseok quickly dropped his hand and chuckled nervously.

“What brings you here Jungkook?” Hoseok asked, trying to distract the male in front of him. He moved over on his bed and watched as the younger leaned against his desk.

“Mom told me to come and check on you,” He replied, his eyes curiously glanced around the room. Hoseok was disappointed that the younger had only came because his mother told him to, but he was also relieved that he had a clean freak personality and his room had an ordinary black and white theme so it was clean and organized.

“Oh,” Hoseok muttered before he heard the word interesting mumbled. He looked at the younger with a confused look and tilted head.

Jungkook pushed himself off of the desk and walked over to a book case. The bookcase was rather large, it reached from to the ceiling and was filled. Hoseok loved photography and had many photo albums on the top shelves, split by the middle shelf, where he kept all his novels that he collected and read over time on the bottom shelves.

Hoseok watched as Jungkook looked at each shelf, skipping over the middle one as he dragged his fingers lightly over the spines of the books. When he seemed pleased with that he went back to the middle shelf. On the middle shelf was picture frames and small knickknacks that Hoseok held onto because of the meaning behind them.

Jungkook froze over a picture frame, a ring on a chain draped over it. He carefully picked it up and held it in his hands as he stared at it. Hoseok bit his lip when he realized what Jungkook had in his hands. Hoseok knew that in that picture was Jungkook, Hoseok, and his father in the middle. The ring that was hanging on it was one that was shared between the younger and he, but he had no clue what Jungkook did with his or what the younger thought of Hoseok’s sitting there in the open.

“Do you miss him?” Jungkook asked softly as he carefully put the picture frame back.

Hoseok bit his lip and looked away while he nodded, “Everyday.”

Jungkook nodded back as he resumed his position against the desk. “I’m just going to be upfront about this Hoseok hyung. Are you eating?”

Hoseok was thrown off by the random question and the intense look in the younger’s eyes. He stuttered out an answer, “Y-yeah, of course I eat, what kind of question is that?”

Hoseok averted his eyes when Jungkook’s gaze grew darker, “Let me rephrase it. Are you skipping meals?”

“No,” Hoseok lied. They both know that he was lying. Sometimes Hoseok didn’t feel like eating, a sad downside to the sickness that plagued him as a child. The medicine made eating sometimes, Hoseok didn’t like the nausea that came with it, so he would only lightly snack throughout days. He doesn’t want to do it, but the nausea is a reminder of his childhood, and he can’t make himself eat on those days.

“Don’t ing lie to me Hoseok,” Jungkook growled and Hoseok would have commented on the lack of hyung at the end but he was startled at the younger’s words.

“I, maybe a few here and there, but it-it doesn’t matter,” Hoseok said as he stumbled over his words, “Besides,” He added as he crossed his arms over his chest, he stood face to face with the younger.

“Why would you even care,” and Hoseok realized that was the wrong thing to say, or maybe it was the right thing, because before he knew it Jungkook stood up straight and looked at him with something Hoseok couldn’t identify before he stormed out of the room.

*

“Hey Jungkookie~” Jimin called as he stepped into a dark bedroom. Hearing no response he looked around until he found a cracked half door tucked into the corner of the room. Of course, Jimin thought with a sigh as he made his way to the small hidden room. He took a deep breath before he dropped to his knees, now even with the door, and then opened it.

“What do you want Jimin-ssi?” Jungkook asked in a cold tone. His voice was slightly muffled because of the blanket that was draped over his head.

Jimin snorted, “Are you throwing a temper tantrum Jeon Jungkook?”

Jungkook pulled the cover off of his head until his face was showing, though Jimin could tell his eyes were slightly puffy he ignored it, he chose to roll his eyes at the glare being shot at him.

“What do you want from me Park Jimin?” Jungkook asked, defeat seeping into his tone.

Jimin glanced down, he knew what he wanted from the other, but that was not what was important right now.

“Is it Hoseok?” Jungkook asked quietly, “Is he what you want from me?”

Jimin wanted to shout Yes! Yes, I want him! I’ve only ever wanted him! But he just shook his head though before he could reply, Jungkook was talking again, “Because you can have him.”

Jimin could feel the anger rising in his body and he swore he saw red, “Are you serious Jeon Jungkook? Are you ing kidding me?”

Jimin’s whole body was on fire, but he tried to keep calm, wincing slightly when his voice came out harsher than he wanted. “You think that if it were that simple, I would be here! What the is wrong with you?”

Jimin saw Jungkook rise to his knees and saw the fire that was starting in his body, so he slid back out of the door as he shook his head. He heard the younger follow him into the bedroom, now they both stood face to face.

“He’s not mine Jimin, if you want him you can have him,” Jungkook said coolly, eyes fixated on the floor with arms crossed defensively over his chest.

Jimin stared at the other in disbelief. This was not the Jungkook that he knew. Jungkook and he had met when Jimin first got a job at the Jeon’s studio when he was a senior in high school. They became okay friends through Hoseok. 

“I’m going to ask you again, what the is wrong with you?” Jimin shouted as he threw his hands up. He had meant that referring to what the younger had said, but honestly to how the boy had been acting lately. It was almost like he was sad, and, heartbroken?

Jungkook shook his head as his eyes remained on the floor, “If is this is what you came here for than you can leave.”

Jimin growled as the younger took a step toward the door, his emotions finally exploding, “You think if I could just have Hoseok I would be here! If he could just fall in love with me just like how I am in love with him I would be here? God damn it Jeon Jungkook. Why can’t you understand that Hoseok is something that deserves all the love in the world! Something I-can’t give him like you can.­

The words never left his mouth because Jungkook had cut him off, tears pooled in his eyes as he shouted, “You think I don’t know that! I would like to remind you, Park Jimin that I was in Hoseok’s life much earlier and much longer than you!”

Jimin tried not to let the hurt show in his eyes as he glanced down at the ground before leveling his gaze back at Jungkook, he knew that the younger was right, and maybe, he thought, that Jungkook needs to be pushed like this. Maybe this will help him understand the younger. He saw the desperation in the younger’s eyes as Jungkook opened his mouth again.

“You think I don’t know how much love Hoseok deserves? You think I don’t know that Hoseok is fragile but so strong? I was there when both his grandparents had died and left him heartbroken! I held his small hand in my own tiny hand when his dog ran away! I was there when he was so sick he was in the hospital! I was there, every day, to hold him in my arms, a small child clinging onto another for dear life. I held his hand and watched as they poked and prodded him, and I was the one who had to helplessly watch him cough up blood for hours each day. I was there when-when I-we almost lost him!”

Jimin stood still stunned as bile rose in his throat and tears gathered in his eyes because he had no idea that Hoseok was ever sick. He had no idea that Hoseok had gone through so much, and that, that Jungkook was there for him every day. He knew that the two had a friendship at one point, but he could only see glimpses of it when Jungkook would come back during breaks from his school, but then he saw the distance between the two, the awkward tension between the pair after Jungkook came back for University. He came in the picture too late, he thought regrettably, maybe seeing the truth could have stopped him from falling.

“I was there holding a broken Hoseok in my arms when, when his father passed away right in front of us,” Jungkook finished with a whisper, tears streaming down his face as he placed a hand over the middle of his chest. Jimin looked down, he was away at the same dance camp with Hoseok and Jungkook, and he remembers the older packing his bag and being gone within an hour of the phone call from his mother. He also remembers hearing about Jungkook’s abrupt departure from the camp, the gossip traveling from the other section. He hadn’t seen Jungkook because of the age difference and the separation between the two age categories, but he figured that he left for the same reason Hoseok did, and looking back on it, he should have known.

“So don’t, do NOT tell me that I don’t understand how much love Hoseok deserves,” Jungkook growled snapping Jimin out of his memories, “I know that Hoseok is everything right in this world. I know that he is something so precious and wonderful that deserves everything the world can offer. I know that Jimin.”

When Jimin heard those words, he knew he was right. He knew that this boy in front of him was in love with Hoseok.

“And I know that I cannot give Hoseok what he deserves, nor could I be worthy enough to be something he wants.” Jungkook murmured to himself more than anything.

And Jimin realized, that yeah, he is in love with Hoseok, but he could see it.

He could see that it was much more than being in love with Hoseok for Jungkook.

He could see that Hoseok was Jungkook’s whole world, his saving grace.

And Jimin knew, that there was no way he could ever compete with that.

*

PaboChim

Jungkookie…

12:52 p.m.

BratKook

…what do you want now Jimin hyung?

Were you not happy with my breakdown earlier?

You want to see one over text now too?

12:55 p.m.

PaboChim

Jungkook-ah, hyung knows that we just had

 a very….emotional talk earlier. But you are

still my friend. Regardless of whatever you may

think, hyung wants to see you happy too.

12:56 p.m.

BratKook

            …sure hyung. -__-

Now why did you text me?

12:58 p.m.

PaboChim

I forgot to tell you why I came over earlier

12:59 p.m.

BratKook

            hyung seriously…what do you

want you idiot

1:03 p.m.

PaboChim

I’m going to ignore that bc the topic at hand

 is very serious, it’s about Hoseok. Now that

I know you love him, I decided it’s time to tell you.

1:04 p.m.

BratKook

Of course I love him, you piece of .

1:04 p.m.

PaboChim

Jeon Jungkook….I’m going to ignore that

because of the emotional day we’ve had.

I need your help, well more like Hobi

does.

1:05 p.m.

BratKook

hyung, he won’t listen to me.

he doesn’t even care about me

anymore. I can’t help you, I’m sorry.

1:06 p.m.

Jimin rolled his eyes, before he made the decision to call the younger instead of trying to continue the conversation over text. He didn’t have to wait long before Jungkook answered, a crunching noise could be heard clearly over the phone.

“Hyung, I told you, I can’t help. And I have to leave for class in ten minutes,” Jungkook sighed out between his chewing.

“Wait, you have class this afternoon?” Jimin asked, and after he heard the hum of agreement he continued, “Hobi hyung has class this afternoon too.”

“Yes hyung, I’m aware. He’s on the other side of campus though, why?” Jungkook replied, Jimin heard a door slam in the background and then a car starting.

“Can you, like find him before class?” Jimin said vaguely, not exactly wanting to tell why yet, still hesitant to speak for Hoseok.

“I don’t think that would be a good idea hyung,” Jungkook answered before pausing for a second, “Hobi hyung and I had an argument earlier and I don’t think he’d be pleased to see me.”

“Yeah, but he’d be safe,” Jimin mumbled to himself. He knew that Jungkook was a black belt in Taekwondo, a rich family perk he supposed. But he also knew that Jungkook was just a rough person in general and was very protective, he’s heard the rumors. He had a notorious reputation about him. People loved Jeon Jungkook, but people feared Jeon Jungkook. He knew that Hoseok needed Jungkook by his side.

“What was that hyung?” Jungkook asked with a confused tone.

“Listen, I-I think people aren’t being that nice to Hoseok hyung, I-can you just check it out for me?” Jimin confessed. He heard the other drop a string of curses before he answered Jimin.

“ing ,” Jungkook shouted, “I’ll ing kill them.”

Jimin was a little thrown off and honestly a little frightened at the rage in the younger’s voice, “What are you talking about? What do you know?”

Jungkook sighed before he explained, “There was a group that bragged about beating up some student. I didn’t pay any mind to it but ing that would make sense. ing hell why did he not tell me?”

Jimin bit his lip before he apologized mentally to Hoseok and answered, “He didn’t want to drag you into it. He said that he didn’t want them to find out about you and take away even more of your happiness.”

Jungkook cursed again, “I swear he is so dumb. He only took away my happiness when he pulled away from me. “

Jimin was about to reply but he heard the other growl before a door slammed shut. “Hyung, I have to go. I think something is going on now, I just saw two of the people in that group run behind a building. Please have bail money ready and tell my parents I’m sorry.”

Before Jimin had the chance to answer Jungkook had already hung up. Jimin held his phone to his ear in a stunned state before he lowered it and dialed a number into the phone.

“I did the right thing,” Jimin murmured to himself before he called Jungkook’s cousin.

Yoongi hyung has money just for this situation. Damn it Jeon Jungkook.

*

Hoseok coughed after the last kick landed to his side. He grimaced at blood that showed on his palm. He heard the shuffle of feet and braced himself for another bombard of kicks.

“Well, what do we have here?” A voice rang in Hoseok’s ears and he winced again at the thought of a new person coming.

“Ah, nothing that you need to worry about, babe,” One of the two females in the group answered, her tone light and flirty. Hoseok scoffed mentally, right because beating someone up is so impressive.

“Oh really? Because it looks like you’re beating someone up right now?” The voice answered, his tone sarcastic and cold. Hoseok’s eyes widened, why is he here? Internally Hoseok cursed as panic bubbled up in Hoseok and he curled in on himself tighter as he ignored the pain in his ribs.

“Why Jungkook, you want in on the action?” The guy who led the attacks asked with a smirk. Hoseok heard Jungkook walk down the hall toward the group and he whimpered quietly, not 100% sure of what the younger was going to do.

“Shut the up ,” The male barked as he landed another kick onto Hoseok’s thigh.

“Woah,” Jungkook said, his voice still cold. “I don’t think that’s necessary.”

The male stepped back and the group all looked at him. They smiled as Jungkook walked towards the curled up male, oblivious to the fire that was beginning to grow in him.

“Okay, Jungkook-ah, what do you think we should do to him then?” The same girl as earlier asked, her tone now seductive, or at least what she thought was seductive.

Jungkook leveled his gaze on her, his eyes menacing as she took a step back from him, he answered “Nothing.”

He ignored the others as he kneeled down by his hyung, “Hobi-ah, it’s okay, come on.”

Hoseok relaxed slightly at the nickname and familiar touch, only to tense up again when the groups little ‘leader’ spoke again.

“And why would you even care about this loser Jungkook?”

Jungkook froze, before he rose to his feet. He scoffed internally at the group of students staring at him with smirks, he wasn’t conceited, but he knew he was far stronger than any of the bullies that stood in front of him.

“Why would I care you ask?” His tone was venomous and his body radiated rage out of every pore. His eyes danced with a wild fire and his lips turned into a wicked smirk.

 “Because that loser,” He spat the word at them and gestured toward the male on the ground, “Is my husband.”

He relished in the way the word came off his tongue. He wanted to enjoy the moment of finally announcing to people that Hoseok was his and he wanted to enjoy the looks of disbelief on their faces, but he cracked his knuckles. That would have to wait. He smirked, he knew that they heard the rumors, and saw as his muscles flexed that they were no challenge for him.

“We-we didn’t know,” The girl answered as she hid behind some guy. The guy himself trying to duck behind other people.

“And that changes something how?” Jungkook asked before he stepped at them. He watched in satisfaction as they all fled. He watched a second longer before he rushed back down to Hoseok. He managed to move him into a sitting position before he settled in front of him. He looked at the blood on Hoseok’s lips and started to rise to his feet, fists shaking from anger.

“Kook,” Hoseok started as he grabbed the younger’s wrist tugging him back down wanting to say something, but then he decided against it and kept his eyes on the ground and murmured a quiet, “thank you.”

Jungkook felt his heart break as he reached out and dragged his thumb over the older’s cheek.

“I’m so sorry Hobi,” Jungkook bit his lip as Hoseok looked at him with wide eyes before he sighed and picked Hoseok up in his arms, frowning at how light the male was.

“Sleep, sunshine,” Jungkook whispered hugging the other tightly to his chest and dropping a kiss on his forehead, making Hoseok smile slightly at the use of the younger’s old nickname for him.

“But,” he murmured into his neck, his eyes fluttering shut from the warmth of the younger. Jungkook chuckled at the older’s actions before he cradled the injured boy closer to his chest and dropped a kiss on his head, “We can talk later, my sunshine. Rest.”

*

“Hobi-ah,” Hoseok’s dad rasped out, “Come here.”

Hoseok emerged from behind his sister, tears pooling in his eyes. His father had been sick for a while, but recently when he was away for a dance camp, his mother had sent for him immediately and Hoseok returned without question.

“Yes papa?” Hoseok asked, his hand grabbing onto the other’s tightly. Hoseok tried not to cry, but a lump rose in his throat as he felt how weak his father’s hand was.

“Do you,” He wheezed, air flowing into him from the breathing tubes attached to his nose, “remember what I said about the Jeon family?”

Hoseok nodded, he remembered his father talking of how close the families were and how their dads were childhood best friends, much like he and the youngest the Jeon were, and the pair had made a promise to each other. But before his father could explain, the door opened and the Jeon’s youngest child rushed into the room. He was panting as he hurried to the other side of Hoseok’s father.

“Father,” He addressed, “I have something important I must ask of you.”

Everybody in the room watched with wide eyes, Hoseok was startled at his best friend’s appearance because he knew the younger had been away at the same dance camp Hoseok was at.

“Jungkook,” He heard his mother say before Hoseok’s father shook his head.

“Go on my child,” Hoseok’s father said weakly with a knowing smile.

“I have come to ask for Hoseok’s hand in marriage.”

*

“How long are we going to do this?” Jungkook finally cracked and broke the silence that surrounded the two. Hoseok had awoken after Jungkook had brought him home from the hospital and remained seated silently on the couch in the younger’s apartment. Jungkook had decided to let him take his time to talk as he knew the older would have questions, but four hours of silence and staring was a little too much for Jungkook to handle.

Hoseok shrugged from the other end of the couch and then carefully stretched out his legs where his feet were resting right in front of the younger’s lap. Jungkook sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he ruffled it again, a nervous habit he picked up at a very young age. Hoseok rolled his eyes and reached over the short distance between the two to smack Jungkook’s hand away from his head.

“Why are you nervous? You seemed pretty confident earlier,” Hoseok asked, his tone almost teasing and his eyes lighter than what Jungkook had seen from his best friend in a long time.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, “Why am I nervous?” He scoffed before crossing his arms over his chest and his lips naturally forming a pout, “Probably because you haven’t said anything to me for the past five hours.”

Hoseok shrugged again and looked away. His arms crossed over his chest and he moved to pull his legs back to himself, but before he could Jungkook’s hands shot out and grabbed the other’s feet as he pulled them onto his lap. Hoseok tensed slightly before he slid a little further down on the couch and relaxed his legs on the younger’s lap.

“Not only that,” Jungkook went on as he slowly began to massage Hoseok’s feet, “But we haven’t had a real conversation in about a year.”

Hoseok made a small hum in the back of his throat at the younger’s fingers moving over his feet. He looked at the younger, but made no move to reply, only nodding in agreement.

“That’s a pretty ty thing to do to your husband,” Jungkook remarked. He had said that to lighten the mood but it seemed to do the opposite as Hoseok’s body went tense. He quickly patted Hoseok’s calf but the older still looked apprehensive.

“Jungkook, you don’t have to do that.” He finally said, his gaze on the floor instead of on the younger.
“Do what?” Jungkook asked, genuinely confused. His hands paused and he added, “Hobi, look at me. Talk to me, please.”

Hoseok hesitated but then looked up at him with sad eyes, “You don’t have to refer to me as your husband.”

“But you are my husband,” Jungkook said with a tilt of his head, “And I want everybody to know that.”

Jungkook wasn’t sure why Hoseok had started to cry after he said that, but he knew that he hated it. He slowly moved his husband’s feet off of his lap and leaned over, softly dragging his thumbs across the other’s apple cheeks drying whatever tears that were sliding down them.

 “Yah, hyung,” He said gently, “Why are you crying?”

Hoseok didn’t answer only crying harder in response causing Jungkook to pause his movements, “Unless,” he said slowly as a realization began to dawn on him, “You don’t want to be married to me.”

He began to pull away, his eyes darted toward the ground as he began to pick himself up off of the couch. Though before he could fully stand, a hand wrapped around his wrist stopping him, and he looked down to see a smiling Hoseok.

“You’re so stupid,” Hoseok said, he let out a small watery giggle before he tugged the younger back down to the couch, “Of course, I want to be your husband.”

Jungkook huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, his lips naturally forming a pout, “Well how was I supposed to know? You avoided me after we got married and you don’t even wear your ring!”

The older stared at him in disbelief before he crossed his arms over his chest too and frowned, “Well it’s not like you wear your ring either.”

Jungkook snorted before he reached into his shirt and pulled out a long chain. On it was a silver band with a black JH engraved on the back and a small diamond heart on the front. He raised a mocking eyebrow at the male staring at him in disbelief, “You were saying?”

Hoseok sputtered and then rolled his eyes causing his lover to laugh. “I can’t believe you never noticed.”

“Yeah, well,” Hoseok muttered, “It’s not exactly like I can see through your shirt, now can I?”

“No,” Jungkook replied, “But I bet you would like that if you could.” He shot Hoseok a wink making the male blush and swat at Jungkook’s arm. Jungkook laughed at his husband’s reaction and grabbed his arm, pulling him close.

Hoseok’s cheeks filled with red and his breath quickened, “Jungkook.”

“Hobi,” Jungkook cut him off, “I know that the way we got married wasn’t exactly normal. But I want you to know that I had always planned on making you mine.”

Hoseok looked started and reluctantly pulled out of the younger’s arms, “Jungkook. You were so young, you still are! I don’t want you to do this because of our families’ wishes. And as much as I love my dad, I don’t want to keep you trapped in a marriage that you were forced in to.”

Jungkook looked dumbfounded, “Did you not hear what I just said? The part about the fact that I always planned on making you mine?”

“You may say that Jungkook, but you were just a high school senior, hell we weren’t even dating.”

Jungkook looked at Hoseok while shaking his head, “I’ve loved you since forever. It may not have always been the same love, but it was love nonetheless. I knew that we were going to be together when I was in seventh grade. I just, well quite frankly, I never had enough balls to ask you out. But I had planned to ask you out at my graduation, it would have been easier because I was coming back home, and not to mention it would’ve become legal.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes and playfully punch Jungkook’s arm at the teasing smile the other added at that last part, Jungkook chuckled before continuing, “But I mean it. I knew that we were supposed to be together. That you were supposed to be mine. And no matter how sad the way it happened was, I believe fate was just hurrying us together, too impatient to watch me man up.”

Hoseok’s mouth hung open, and he had tears pooling in his eyes again making Jungkook chuckle and pull him back into his embrace.

“I’m manning up now Hoseok,” Jungkook whispered softly into his ear, “Please be mine.”

Hoseok nodded frantically giggling through tears as Jungkook laughed and squished his cheeks together. After Jungkook let go of his husband’s face, Hoseok leaned in to peck him on the cheek, his eyes shining brightly, “As long as you’ll be mine.”

*

“I’m so glad that you two have finally worked things out.” Jungkook’s mother said as she gently placed her cup back on the table. Hoseok’s mother nodded in agreement, both smiling at their sons’ red cheeks.

“So am I,” Jungkook added as he raised Hoseok’s hand to his mouth, lightly placing a kiss on the back of it making Hoseok roll his eyes and playfully push him.

“The cookies should be done, I’m going to go and grab them for us,” Ms. Jung said rising from the table, Jungkook immediately stood up as well, “I’ll help you, mom.”

Hoseok beamed at the fact that his husband comfortably called him mama, mom, it reminding him of their childhood together, and laughed with Jungkook’s mom as the two raced to the kitchen.

“Mama, would you like some more coffee?” Hoseok asked before rising to pour some more coffee into Mrs. Jeon’s mug. She smiled and thanked him softly before catching sight of the ring on Hoseok’s left hand.

“Can I see that for a second Hoseokie?” She asked as she gestured towards the ring. Hoseok hesitated but nodded, slipped it off, and handed it to his mother-in-law.

He watched as she inspected it and then started to shake her head with a small smile, “I can’t believe you two are still wearing those.”

Hoseok tilted his head curiously as he placed the ring back on his finger, “What do you mean, Mama?”

Ms. Jeon shook her head again and looked out into the small yard behind the Jung’s house, “Jungkook bought those so long ago.”

She must have noticed the confusion on his face, “He bought those his freshmen year of high school.”

Hoseok’s mouth dropped open and she just laughed, “As you know we’re a family of money, and Jungkook always got an allowance from us since middle school. That plus he saved up money from Christmas and birthdays.”

Hoseok was still stunned as he looked at the ring on his finger. It was a simple silver band, with JK engraved it on the back of it and a small diamond heart on the front. Even though it was simple, Hoseok knew that it was still a good amount of money and he was amazed that a young Jungkook saved up that much money to buy this.

I had always planned on making you mine.

Jungkook’s words ran through his head again and Hoseok could feel tears gathering in his eyes. Ms. Jeon, oblivious to Hoseok’s emotional state, squealed and ed her phone into her son-in-law’s hands, “Jungkook’s hyung is the one that took his to get it, and he even took a picture of him when he bought the rings!”

 Hoseok wiped his eyes and smiled, “Wow.” He whispered because there was young Jungkook, his best friend and now husband, holding a velvet box in his hand with a wide smile.

“He never told us about it until after we had told him about our families’ wishes. But he was so dramatic when he finally did, he just went on and on about he knew that you were supposed to be his and how he knew that you two would end up together.” Ms. Jeon laughed, “He acted like it was a big secret but I already knew. Mother’s intuition, plus his eyes never got that spark in them unless he was talking about you. But I think he didn’t tell us when he first did it because he was embarrassed that he’s a closet romantic.”

Hoseok nodded his head while laughing in agreement, though his heart felt though it was going to burst.

“Who’s a closet romantic?”

Ms. Jeon shot Hoseok a wink before turning to her son, “Your brother.”

Jungkook snorted as he placed the tray of cookies on the table and dropped down into his chair, his arm naturally wrapping around his husband’s waist while the other arm reached across his body to tangle their hands together. “Sure, mom. Whatever you say.”

Hoseok looked at Jungkook laughing with his mother and his heart swelled with love. He leaned in and dropped a kiss on the other’s cheek before locking eyes with him, “Thank you for letting me be yours. I love you.”

The moms shared a look with each other, watching their sons get lost in each other.

Jungkook looked surprised at the sudden declaration but beamed widely, “I love you too, baby!” He pecked Hoseok on the lips before placing their foreheads together as he said gently, “Thank you, for being mine.”


A/N: alright first off, BTS won ARTIST OF THE YEAR I'M NOT CRYING YOU ARE. but seriously, I am so happy for them, they work so hard and they deserve so much I hope they continue to soar in the future. Also, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, I have a lot of stories close to being ready, but this one has been giving me trouble. I've been working on it for a while, always reading it and rereading it and then changing it because I don't like it and it could honestly just be a seperate oneshot beacuse it's so long, but this is my dump place for fics that I want to be longer but am too lazy to write. There's also something about this one that I just grew attached too, and honestly I wish I would give it the beautiful character development it deserves, but too many thoughts not enough will power. And I cannot proof read my own , I honestly gave up because I kept changing so much, I used to have a friend who would do it but now I'm own my own :( Anyways, I hope you liked it, I'm know it's rushed, but I did the best I could to give insight to relationships, and try to develop Junghope as much as I could in something short like this. Also, I'm a glutten for one-sided love on Jimin's behalf, like wow, I love him I promise, I just love when everybody loves Hobi hehehehe. I'm also a glutten for Hoseok either being treated like , or feeling sad and then Jungkook saving him, I promise I love Hoseok *frantically deleting the oneshot where I kill Hoseok*, lol I'm just kidding, I could never kill him, I love him. I love Junghope. You should love Junghope (but I respect you if you don't, but like why are you here if you don't?). Anyway, not that anybody will actually read this, but I'll end my rambling here. Goodbyeee~

You're a brave soul.

-Double X