Episode 5: Master of words

BLACK ORCHID (Taehyung & OC)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The prince stunned both Miran’s maid and Jimin with boldness and strength he found to carry lady Oh out of her cabin. His actions surely took them by surprise, but still they followed right after Taehyung who kept unconscious Miran wrapped in his arms.

 

Not even thinking about stopping, the young prince sprinted through the whole yard and then up the stairs leading to the shrine.

 

As expected all of them were greeted with great confusion among all monks when they barged inside in a hurry and interrupted their prayers.

 

Taehyung grimaced as his legs and arms seemed to be giving up after all the way. Yet, he still tried to adjust the way he was holding Miran as gently as possible.

 

However when he noticed Hoseok leading an elder, bald man together with the other maid through the main corridor at a speed so slow, a turtle could take over them easily – his anger boosted up immediately.

 

“Hurry, help her!” Taehyung ordered with voice taking no denial. Not to mention, that he also managed to send a serious death glare at Hoseok, after he opened his mouth bewildered at the sight of Taehyung’s sudden closeness with lady Oh.

 

Those of the younger monks rushed to help immediately after just a simple hand gesture of the eldest, bald monk – their leader, as Taehyung thought as they were lead to the quarters.

 

On the way Taehyung kept glancing at Miran’s face. Her forehead was covered with drops of sweat which reflected in the light of candles and torches put around the shrine. Every time he did so, he ended up with teeth gritted in overwhelming frustration.

 

If they were back at the capitol. Numerous physicians would’ve been there to every of his orders with tens of different kinds of herbs and medicine – but here? The prince’s orders were useless.

 

We shouldn’t have left that bloody house – Taehyung thought of both, more access to the knowledge of minster Oh’s physicians, eunuchs or even maidens and then the way from Oh’s house to the village. It wasn’t that much for a rider. In a quarter of an hour he would’ve been back with a doctor.

 

“Lay her here.” the eldest monk said and pointed at a mate with a single pillow on it. Having a chance to touch the material it was made of, Taehyung cursed under his nose at how thin it seemed.

 

Considering the sacred place all of them were, he received judging and condemning looks from all of the monks.

 

Even though it was awaited, Taehyung didn’t apologise for the sudden outburst and “Help her already!” he scoffed at the eldest monk.

 

Seconds later, as if they were communicating telepathically with their supervisor, each of the monks headed to a different spot. One fired up some kind of an incense with a smell so intense, Taehyung felt his head spinning immediately after it reached his noses trills. Another one sprinted out of the room while the eldest kneeled in front of Miran and took her thin wrist into his hands.

 

Time passed and the monk kept sitting there with eyes closed, focused on touching Miran’s wrist in complete silence. How is that supposed to help? Taehyung thought annoyed at the spot, but then – two other monks pulled him away from Miran and asked him, Jimin and Hoseok to get out. Only two of her side maids were asked to stay and help if it’ll be needed.

 

Last thing Taehyung noticed was how the bald monk pulled out a porcelain jug full of acupuncture needles out of his sleeve. What he did next remained a mystery to the three boys because the door got closed right after they left.

 

Frustration took over Taehyung again as he hated being shoved away by anyone. He hated it even more after being denied access to something or someone he found … important at the moment?

 

“Wow~” Hoseok’s voice has cut through the silence. “To see our future king care so much about one of his subjects? That was quite a spiritual experience for me~” he added with a smirk.

 

“What is your point?” Taehyung scoffed after turning at Hoseok. “Don’t think that all that mockery towards me is going to be let off when we’ll go back tot the capitol.” the prince added and pursued his lips into a tight line. With such face, it looked as if he was sulking adorably rather than actually trying to scold someone.

 

“Wha~ so evil and scary!” Hoseok grasped his own shoulders in terror, plying as if Taehyung’s warning had worked and could stop him from teasing even more.

 

“Or maybe was it because she’s taken you heart already and rather than a subject you finally started treating her as your wife-to be?” Hoseok mocked the young prince when not even a minute of silence passed.

 

Taehyung only gritted on his teeth and shook his head, not wanting to be involved in that kind of ridiculous conversation again.

 

“Give him a break already.” Jimin spoke calmly and then placed his hand on Taehyung ‘s shoulder.

 

“You did good, I’m impressed.” he added, what left Taehyung kind of proud of himself. Knowing that he somehow grew in his friend’s eyes always brought him pure satisfaction.

 

“Gah~! Both of you are no fun at all~” Hoseok whined sulkily and with heavy feet headed to sit down at the nearest, wooden bench.

 

Since when, being good to others felt so soothing? Taehyung thought while feeling the warmth spreading around his chest. He then glanced again at the door behind which, Miran was being treated.

 

She should’ve listened to me, darn it~ he cursed internally. If she wasn’t that proud to let me help her, she would’ve probably be just fine right now - he sighed.

 

This wasn’t the first time when by playing around he had caused problems to someone. The prince had to admit that usually men and mainly his friends were the main victims of his mischievous acting. Trolling them was always fun to d

Please log in to read the full chapter