005

Kyungsoo's First Pregnancy Life

Since that fateful incident happened, Kyungsoo had to rest for more than a month to recover. She refused to go outside and locked herself in her room. She was grieving at her loss and reluctant to see babies because they reminded her of her late baby.

Chanyeol couldn’t stand seeing his wife like that. He tried his best to cheer her up, even though he felt exactly the same as Kyungsoo. He thought asking Kyungsoo to visit Chanho’s grave was a great idea. It might make her feel better. She hadn't visited Chanho’s grave even once, she wasn’t ready to go there. But in the end, she agreed to visit her son’s grave with Chanyeol.

The day when they visited Chanho’s grave was cloudy, as if reflected Kyungsoo’s feeling.

“Chanho-yah, how are you doing? Are you happy there?” Kyungsoo said, touching the tombstone with Chanho's name on it. “Eomma is sorry,” she continued with shaky voice as it started raining.

Chanyeol was standing behind Kyungsoo holding an umbrella to shield them from the rain, letting her stayed longer without saying anything. Kyungsoo sobbed quietly, whispered some comforting words while embracing Chanho’s tombstone. True to Chanyeol’s thought, Kyungsoo looked relieved and better after spending some times at Chanho’s grave.

“Thank you for taking me here, Chanyeol-ah. I should’ve visited him earlier.”

“It’s okay, honey. We can visit him more often if you want,” Chanyeol beamed at her, glad he was doing the right thing. “Let’s not grieving for too long, I bet our son wouldn’t like to see his beautiful mother sad because of him,” he added, ruffling Kyungsoo’s hair and then pinch her cheek lightly.

Kyungsoo said nothing and hugged Chanyeol tightly. Chanyeol reciprocated her hug with one arm, burying his face to her head, inhaling her scent, and feeling peacefulness started to restore.

--

Kyungsoo felt so much better after her visit to Chanho’s grave. Moreover, Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Sehun never failed to visit Kyungsoo after work. Sometimes it was the three of them or whoever available, they just wanted to make Kyungsoo feel loved, and definitely not alone. They supported Kyungsoo which she needed the most at that time. Kyungsoo started to brighten up and gradually come back to her cheerful self.

One month after labour, Kyungsoo started her daily routine, try to live as normal as she could. She was supposed to rest for a couple more weeks, but she was bored and decided to start her daily routine. She wasn’t fully recovered but had been a lot better than before. She tried to busy her mind with work because every time she saw random babies, be it on TV or SNS or even her neighbour’s, she couldn’t help but think of Chanho. Everyone at her work place welcomed her and tried to avoid the topic of her loss.

“Is it really okay for you to come to work?” Baekhyun said worriedly.

“Yeah, aren’t you supposed to take a rest for a couple more weeks?” Jongdae added.

“It’s true, but I was bored to do nothing at my house. All I did was just sleep, eat, watching TV. I need to work to feel alive.”

“Just don’t push yourself too hard,” Jongdae said.

“Aye, Jongdae Eomma!” Kyungsoo cackled and began to work.

Baekhyun and Jongdae smiled to each other, they relieved to see their best friend had come back to her usual self.

--

It had been five days since Kyungsoo started to work again. She was exhausted but happier than before. After today’s working time ended, she will have to see the doctor again, to check her health improvement after the labour.

She was accompanied by Baekhyun and Jongdae that time because Chanyeol was away for work, as usual. They had dinner together after Kyungsoo’s check-up was over. They called Sehun over to join them eat ramen at their favourite ramen house.

“Is it okay for you to eat spicy ramen? You’re still in recovery,” Baekhyun said.

“As long as it is not poisoned, I think I will be fine,” Kyungsoo replied and grinned cheekily.

Jongdae and Sehun burst in laughter at Kyungsoo’s reply.

“Yah! Keep it low guys. I just worried about Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun annoyed because her friends were laughing at her when she was just expressing her worries.

Jongdae was still laughing and said, “Stop worrying too much, Baek. Look at her, she’s fine and healthy like she used to,”

“Jongdae’s right. Thank you for worrying about me anyway, Baekhyun-ah,” Kyungsoo smiled brightly to her friends feeling blessed that she had a lot of caring people around her.

--

The End

 

A/N:

This is the end of the story. I'm sorry if it's not like what you've expected. I'll try to do better next time. Thank you for everyone who read this story till the end. Kamsahamnida :)