004

Kyungsoo's First Pregnancy Life

It had been a week after chuseok holiday that Kyungsoo was scheduled to have another meeting with Doctor Irene. She didn’t know why but felt extremely uneasy that day. She went to hospital with her husband. She stayed silent for the most time during the. Chanyeol worried about her, but keep quiet and he caressed his wife’s right hand once in a while.

Doctor Irene looked so serious while examined Kyungsoo. It took her longer than usual to check the baby with ultrasound device.

“Is he still there, Doc? Can you find his pulse?” Kyungsoo asked breaking the silence, caressing her baby bump softly.

The doctor kept silent for a while and still looking for his pulse. After a couple minutes, she finally said “I’m very sorry to say this, you are experiencing intrauterine foetal death or IUFD for short,” Doctor Irene said regretfully. “He might have been gone for about three days.”

“I kind of have the feeling that he had gone for a while. But this morning around 2 a.m., I felt his movement. He kicked me several times and then he was never move again until now,” Kyungsoo said with shaky voice.

“I am really sorry for your loss,” Doctor Irene said rubbing Kyungsoo’s back in order to comfort her. “We need to deliver your baby as soon as possible. It will become a life threatening condition for the mother if we’re not removing the baby soon,” she added.

“Can we just do it now? I don’t see the point of why we should keep him any longer inside my wife,” Chanyeol said boldly, trying so hard to hold back his tears.

“Of course, sooner is better. We’re going to send you to the labour room.”

--

Kyungsoo and her husband were informing their families and their closest people about the situation. They did it as they need moral support for themselves and the need to be comforted by their loved ones. Everyone was rushing to the hospital after hearing the news.

Doctor Irene was giving Kyungsoo a medicine to induce her labour. She said it would be extremely painful because the labour was forced. If in 24 hours the labour still not happened, she would give Kyungsoo another intravenous medicine. If it was still not helping, she would have a C-section.

Kyungsoo was lying on the hospital bed with Chanyeol beside her. They cuddled for a long time before everyone arrived. They speak nothing, caressing each other’s faces, trying to comfort each other and accepting the fact that their baby had gone.

“Chanyeol-ah, I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo suddenly speaks.

“It’s not your fault, Babe. Don’t blame yourself. It’s nobody’s fault in the first place, sometimes things just happened. Thank you for always be strong,” Chanyeol said, kissing her forehead softly.

“I’m scared,” Kyungsoo started to sob quietly.

“Don’t be, my love. I’m going to make sure that everything will be alright. I’ll stay beside you forever.”

Kyungsoo nodded and bury her head to her husband’s broad chest. Chanyeol kissed her head to soothe her and convince her that everything’s just going to be fine.

--

The labour started 20 hours after the medicine was taken. Kyungsoo experienced the most painful situation of her life. She was wailing, screaming in pain on the process.  Chanyeol was the most stressed one, afraid he was going to lose his wife as well. Thankfully, their families and friends were there to support them.

Five hours after the labour started, the delivery was successfully done. Kyungsoo was weak and exhausted. She didn’t want to see her deceased baby, because of the guilt and she was afraid that the baby was malformed.

On the other hand, Chanyeol was seemingly attached to him; he hugged him and cried quietly against the deceased baby in his arms. He didn’t want to let go of his baby. He kept staring at his baby while wiping the tears on his face every once in a while. That was a very heart-breaking scene to watch.

Kyungsoo wasn’t able to control her emotion as well. She couldn’t describe her feeling at the moment, and she still couldn’t believe of what just happened to her life. She let out a mournful cry with energy she had left. Her mother patted her head and kissed her forehead, whispering calming words to her poor daughter and trying so hard to not cry in front of her.

Chanyeol’s father suggested to holds a funeral ceremony as soon as possible. They were prepared to go home. Kyungsoo needed hospital stay for a couple days, so she wouldn’t attend her baby’s funeral.

Before he went home, Chanyeol approached his wife and said “Are you sure you don’t want to see our Chanho?” they already named the baby. “This is the first and the last time we’ll ever see him in this world.”

“I’m afraid, Chanyeol. I couldn’t bear to think that he was in pain for the time he was inside me,” Kyungsoo started to sob again.

“Shh.. Cry no more, Babe. I just don’t want you to regret it later,” Chanyeol said, wiping tears of her face and then cupping his wife cheeks, made her look at him in the eyes.

“Okay,” she said in her between her sobbing. “Give him to me; let me hold him for the first and the last time,” she said hesitantly.

Chanyeol hand her their tiny baby. She finally saw her son’s face. Chanho was really handsome; he looked exactly like her husband. Chanyeol’s genes were overpowering; he had Kyungsoo’s round eyes, Chanyeol’s nose, Chanyeol’s plump lips, and Chanyeol’s cute big ears. She kissed Chanho and cried so hard. She chanted sorry to her baby for countless time. Her guilty feeling subsided a little after she saw Chanho’s peaceful face. He looked like a sleeping angel.

Kyungsoo kissed Chanho's head for a long time and said, “Good bye, Chanho-yah. Eomma is sorry for not able to take care of you. We’ll meet again someday in heaven. I love you, Chanho-yah.”

Chanyeol’s eyes started to water again. He said nothing and keeps patting his wife head, and then hugged her with Chanho in her arms.

--

TBC

 

A/N:

I cried when I wrote this chapter T__T