002

Kyungsoo's First Pregnancy Life

Kyungsoo’s baby bump was started to become more visible as she entered 18 weeks of her pregnancy. It doesn’t stop her from being her active-hardworking-super diligent-self. She was a vocal trainer—along with Baekhyun and Jongdae—at SM Entertainment Company. Her daily routine was teaching vocal to trainees from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., but if there was an upcoming concert or event, she has to work overtime to make sure her trainees were doing well. She worked overtime these past few days because of an event that would be held next week. Even though her company had given her privilege for not working overtime, she still did it. Her husband, her friends and the people around her were worried about her and her baby’s health because she looked exhausted; but they also knew that nothing could stop Kyungsoo from doing her job, because she was a very dedicated person. Fortunately, Chanyeol was around so he could make sure her wife eat properly and waited for her at her work place until her working time is over.

“Couldn’t you just let Baekhyun and Jongdae take over your job for this upcoming event?” Chanyeol suddenly said while driving to their home. “I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.”

“They were saying the exact same things as you said earlier. It’s not like I don’t believe in them, but I’d felt guilty if I’m not doing what am I supposed to do,” Kyungsoo answered, caressing her baby bump with so much love. Even though she was physically tired, she was satisfied with her job.

Chanyeol parked the car in front of their house and said “I really understand about that, Babe. I’m worrying about yours and our baby’s health,” he looked at his wife's big eyes deeply. “I wouldn’t want something bad to happen to you or to our little one,” he said seriously.

“You don’t have to worry too much, Chanyeol-ah. Since I have you to always watching over me and my friends whenever you’re not around,” Kyungsoo said. “Or maybe now you’re tired of me?” She pouted.

“Me? Tired of you? Never,” he said surely, smiling to his wife antics.

“But you made it sounds like that.”

“Don’t worry baby, I will always love you and our future children,” he said as he leaned closer to kiss her heart shaped lips.

“Cheesy,” she replied but couldn’t hide her smile in their kiss. Their kiss was pure without a hint of lust but full of love. They kissed for a quite some time inside the car until Kyungsoo decided that was their time to stop. “Let’s go inside, Chanyeol-ah. I’m tired.” Kyungsoo said.

“Yes, my queen.” Chanyeol pecked her forehead and carry her bridal style to their room. “You don’t forget that tomorrow we have to see Doctor Irene, do you?” he said, walking with his small pregnant wife on his arms.

“Of course I don’t. You have to pick me up earlier,” she snuggled her face closer to her husband’s neck as her eyes slowly shut.

“Will do, my love,” he said, hearing soft snore coming from his wife. He smiled lovingly and kissed her forehead before lie her down on their bed.

--

Kyungsoo ended her work earlier and took her leave to see the doctor. Baekhyun and Jongdae gladly took over her job, even suggested her that she should leave for home around this time for the next days as well. As much as she wanted to do that, she would still refuse using that privilege, only for this day.

“You really shouldn’t overwork yourself.” Jongdae said worriedly.

Baekhyun agreed with her. “Jongdae’s right. You have to rest often Kyungsoo-yah.”

“I have a plenty time to rest despite of this busy time. You guys don’t have to worry too much,” she smiled felling loved everywhere she was. “Okay, I got to go now. My husband is waiting for me at the lobby. See you tomorrow, girls!”

Baekhyun and Jongdae waved at her and resumed their work.

--

Kyungsoo was lying on the hospital bed and let Doctor Irene examine her baby with ultrasound while Chanyeol watched the screen closely. They saw the figure on the screen move hyperactively and they smiled automatically.

“Wow, your baby is sure so healthy. It’s not clear enough, but I predict this is a baby boy. As you can see on the screen, he is moving actively, like he is dancing,” the doctor said with a soft smile. “However, his weight is below average for an 18 weeks old foetus,” she informed the couple.

“Will the baby be fine?” Kyungsoo asked started to feel anxious. Chanyeol reached her hand and caressed it, in order to ease her.

“Yes, he will be fine. How much your weight gain since the first time you came here?”

“It’s about 6 lbs. I believe.”

“Hmm. That’s normal, all the nutrition you consumed divided evenly to you and your baby then, which is a good sign.” Doctor Irene said calmly. “Please do not stressing about this matter too much, the baby could feel whatever his mother feels. He’ll be fine as long as you continue to live healthily and I really suggest you to have more rests,” she added.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo thanked the doctor and left the hospital with an indescribable uneasiness. But they decided to believe that everything’s going to be alright like Doctor Irene said.

--

Two weeks from her last visit to the doctor, Kyungsoo’s baby bump was getting bigger and started to feel her baby move inside her belly; it was uncomfortable, but never failed to bring smiles to her beautiful face. She felt a bit unwell, but didn’t bother too much. Fortunately, her job was not much these days, so she could have more time to rest. However, Chanyeol was not around this time. As much as she was craving for his touch, she had to endure it for one more week. She didn’t want to make him worried about her and just focused on his work.

Baekhyun noticed that Kyungsoo was not looking well. She came closer to her pregnant friend and placed a hand on her friend’s forehead. “Kyungsoo-yah, are you okay?” Baekhyun asked worriedly. “Your body is warmer, no, hotter than usual.”

“I’m okay, Baekhyun-ah. It’s normal for a pregnant woman to have a higher body temperature.”

“But you don’t seem too well,” Jongdae added, rubbing Kyungsoo’s right arm lightly.

“Let’s get you checked at the hospital. I’ll drive you there. Jongdae-yah, Can you accompany Sehun after your work done?”

“No problem, I have no schedule after this. Make sure to text her before you go.”

“I will,” she replied to Jongdae. “Let’s go Kyungsoo-yah,” she said, trying to support Kyungsoo’s body while walking to her car, afraid that her friend would fall.

“Just drive me home or to Chanyeol’s mom’s house. I’ll be fine,” Kyungsoo said weakly.

“I think it’s better to see a doctor first before you go home. It’s me who drive, so it’s up to me where we should go,” Baekhyun insisted.

Kyungsoo didn’t answer, just nodded and let her friend to take her anywhere. She started to feel dizzy and fatigue. She was so quite during the ride to the hospital.

--

“How are you doing, Mrs. Doh?” Doctor Irene asked in her usual calming tone.

“I feel a little dizzy and my body is fatigue for these few days. I lost my appetite, but still manage to eat. My body temperature is higher than usual.” She answered weakly.

“You came alone today?”

“No, actually my friend is waiting for me outside. She was the one who insisted me to see you now. I said the things that happened to me were normal for a pregnant woman,” she said a bit irritated with Baekhyun’s act.

“I think she made a right decision to bring you here,” The doctor smiled. “Now, shall we see your baby?”

Kyungsoo nodded and walked to the hospital bed quietly. She lied on the bed and let Doctor Irene examined her.

“Your baby is fine and healthy, he developed normally. But his weight is still below average,” She stated.

“Is it dangerous?” Kyungsoo said, bad thoughts starting to occupy her head.

“It is, if in our next meetings his weight is not getting close to average.”

Kyungsoo felt her eyes started watery.

“Don’t worry Mrs. Doh. You just need to hydrate yourself more, take more rests, and I will prescribed you some medicine and vitamin which can help to increase your appetite,” Doctor Irene tried to comfort her. “And if you still feel feverish by tomorrow, I suggest you to consider some days for hospital stay.”

“Thank you, Doc.” Kyungsoo said, leaving the examine room with a heavy heart.

--

Kyungsoo was again quiet and looked so troubled during the ride Chanyeol’s mom home. She didn’t want to be alone at the moment, but she wouldn’t want to talk about her current condition to anyone. Baekhyun could see the sadness in her best friend’s eyes, but decided to not push it until Kyungsoo was ready to tell her problem.

“Thanks for the ride, Baekhyun-ah,” Kyungsoo forced a smile to Baekhyun.

It pained Baekhyun to see what Kyungsoo just did, but she let it slide. “No problem, my dear friend. I’m your spare husband anyway, remember?” she said jokingly in order to make Kyungsoo smile.

Kyungsoo smiled a little at that. “Drive carefully.”

“Aye! Say hello to Yoora Eonni and the rest of Chanyeol’s family. See you tomorrow, Kyungsoo-yah.”

--

TBC