001

Kyungsoo's First Pregnancy Life

Kyungsoo was running from her room to the guest room where her friends were sleeping. She screeched happily early in the morning startled her friends who were still in deep slumber. “Baekhyun-ah!” She shouted. “It’s positive!”

“What?” Baekhyun said while rubbing her eyes trying to wipe sleepiness away.

“Take a look at this! It has two lines.”

Baekhyun still confused with her friend behaviour. “Umm.. Yes, and then?”

“It means I’m pregnant! Oh God! I’m going to be a mother soon!” She said in a delightful tone.

“Congrats, Kyungsoo Eonni!” Sehun said as she hugged Kyungsoo.

“Oh my God! Congratulations, Kyungsoo-yah!” Baekhyun said when she finally could process everything. “See, I was right when I said you must be pregnant right now. I’m very happy to hear that,” She added. Have you told your husband about this?”

“Of course I’d told him. I’d sent him the picture of this pregnancy test and called him before I woke you guys up.” Kyungsoo said with smiles still plastered on her face. “Chanyeol sounded so happy, and he said he was going to tell his mother about this.”

“I’m very happy for you, Doh Kyungsoo,” Jongdae said sleepily. “But, can I resume my sleep? “It’s still so early, I need at least one more hour to sleep.”

“Yeah, sleep all you want, you sleepyhead.” Baekhyun pat Jongdae’s head.

“Thank you, Baekhyun-ah,” Kyungsoo said softly.

Baekhyun smiled “For what? I did nothing. I’m not even the one who makes you pregnant,” she said jokingly.

“Whatever. Come on, get up and help me make some breakfast.”

“Aye!” Sehun and Baekhyun screamed in unison, while Jongdae was still covered with the blanket to comfortably get more sleep.

Kyungsoo’s house was basically a place for her friends to gathered. Chanyeol, her husband, didn’t mind at all, in fact he was quite comfortable with her friends. Sometimes she invited her closest friends to sleepover at her house if her husband was away for work and it made him feel less worried about her. Thankfully, none of them were married yet, so they could accompany her whenever she or they wanted.

Two days before, she told Baekhyun that she had missed her period for two weeks, but hadn’t told anyone­—not even her husband—because she was afraid she would disappoint her husband if she wasn’t pregnant. Things like this happened before, so she expected less to avoid more disappointments.

Baekhyun suggested her to buy a home pregnancy test to find out whether she was pregnant or not. It’s better to find out as soon as possible rather than keep on assuming, the first trimester of pregnancy is very important for foetus development. Kyungsoo also worried if she was really pregnant, she’d put the foetus in danger. But Kyungsoo was too shy to buy something like pregnancy test even though she was a married woman, so she asked Baekhyun instead, for she knows her friend is someone she could rely on. Baekhyun agreed, not only because she was the one who suggested it, but also she couldn’t wait to hear good news from her dear friend.

--

Three days after she used the home pregnancy test, Kyungsoo went to hospital to confirm her pregnancy. She was accompanied by Baekhyun, because her husband was still away. She waited for her doctor nervously. Baekhyun could feel something was bothering her little friend, but she said nothing.

“Baek,” Kyungsoo suddenly called. “What if I was never pregnant in the first place? What if the pregnancy test that I used were broken or inaccurate?” She said nervously. “I will disappoint Chanyeol and the rest of our families,” She added with worried tone on her voice.

‘So that’s what bothered her,’ Baekhyun thought. “Stop doubting and overthinking about trivial things, it’s not healthy for you and your baby.”

“If only the baby was there.”

“Look, we’re here to know for how long you have been pregnant. From all the symptoms you had and the result of your pregnancy test, I really doubt that you’re not pregnant.”

Kyungsoo was about to say something when the nurse called her name. She went to the examining room with Baekhyun.

A beautiful doctor smiled at them once they entered the room “Hello, Mrs. Doh. How are you doing?”

“I’m fine, Doctor Irene. I was wondering if I were really having a baby right now,” She said. “I had missed my period for about two weeks, feeling nauseous while riding a car for a long ride and my pregnancy test I used showed I was positive.”

“Well, it’s very rare for a false positive result in any pregnancy test,” the doctor smiled. “When was the last you had?” Doctor Irene asked.

“Uhm.. It was about three weeks ago,” She said shyly because of Baekhyun presence.

“Okay, let’s see then.”

Kyungsoo lied on the hospital bed as the doctor examined her using an ultrasound device. Baekhyun looked at the monitor excitedly, even though she doesn’t understand what was shown.

“Congratulations, Mrs. Doh! You’re finally pregnant. Judging from the size of your foetus, it’s been there for about 6 weeks and 6 days,” the doctor said.

“Thank you, Doctor,” she said in an excited tone.

“I am going to prescribe some vitamins for you. Do not stress yourself, eat healthy food, have enough rest for you and for your baby.”

“I Will, Doc.”

“And please restrain yourselves to until the foetus is strong enough. If you have any complaints or don’t feel well, please come to see me immediately. If don’t, then we’ll see you again two weeks from now. And once again, congratulation for your first pregnancy,” Doctor Irene kindly said.

--

“I still can’t believe that I’m really pregnant,” Kyungsoo said happily.

“See? You were worried for nothing. By the way, you have to take an extra good care of yourself; you are now carrying a baby,”

“Thank you, Baekhyun-ah” Kyungsoo smiled sincerely to her bestfriend.

“Nah, just think of me as your spare husband whenever Chanyeol is not around,” Baekhyun giggled at her own joke.

“I do think so.”

The two best friends continue to laugh and chat non-stop while driving home. They were really happy for Kyungsoo’s pregnancy. Baekhyun drove carefully because of Kyungsoo’s carsick. As much as she loved her little friend, she wouldn’t want her friend to vomit on her car. 

--