Third Sight

Love at fourth sight?

"He's thinking of leaving the group" 

Currently 6 members of Monsta X had gathered at their living room at the insistence of their manager.  Something about having an important announcement,  but this was sooooo much more than that.

 

"He's what now?!" Jooheon half shouts. 

Surely after 7 months of them being together, he thought that their relationship had gotten better,  to the point where he can kinda mess around with the younger. Plus, he thought that he expressed his gratitude to the maknae when they filmed the backstage for showchamp (they even sang part of the song they were working on). So now what was this?

"D-did he say why he wanted to quit?" Kihyun asked. 

Although he never verbalized it, he liked the youngest.  He was obedient, quickly working on his chores without complaint. They even held hands while walking around the streets of Hong Kong, he thought that finally the younger was opening up a bit.

"maybe he just needs more time to rest" Hyungwon says.

Out of all the members,  he thought he was the closest to the maknae personally.  They'd secretly go out to eat by themselves,  and although he's not into skinship too much, he finds himself reaaching out for the maknae just to ruffle his hair or give him a quick side hug. 

"Is his foot in really bad shape after all? Did the doctor tell him to quit?" Minhyuk asks,  worry clearly written on his face.

He wasn't as close to the youngest as some of the others, but he was starting to see what made Changkyun special. He was kind and accommodating,  sometimes during language lessons he'd discreetly help Minhyuk with some of the translations.  The maknae was also sensitive of others,  whenever he felt that Minhyuk was feeling under the weather he'd play a soothing song in their room. And so Minhyuk thought that given enough time they'd probaby end up being close friends, but would he never get that chance?

"Should I go visit him at the hospital and try and talk him out of it?"  Shownu suggests.

Admittedly he's still very much awkward with the maknae but after their short talk on the ferris wheel back in Hong Kong, he thought that he had connected a bit more with Changkyun. He wanted to help the youngest become closer to the group, but he, himself, being quiet he just thought that he could just be the youngest's support. Why had Changkyun suddenly want to quit? It didn't make sense.

"Hmmmm, maybe he finally realized that he's really just a dead weight. I mean, come on, we're working our asses off and he's there lying comfortably.  Plus, our reality show got cancelled because of him" Wonho states as a matter-of- factly.

All heads turned to look at him, confusion on their faces.

"Wonho-hyung, you - what are you saying?"  Kihyun asks, not comprehending all the things Wonho had just said.

Wonho loooked around the room and sighed "guys, you dont have to pretend you like him. There are no cameras here, no fans and he's not even here. So just drop the act" he says.

"Hyung, I like Changkyun.  He's a good dongsaeng and maybe if you'd take your head out of your for just a second you'd see how great of a person he is." Hyungwon says, disappointment apparent in his voice. 

"excuse me?! Is that any way to talk to your elder?" Wonho exclaims, he didn't expect to hear such words from Hyungwon at all.

"calm down wonho." Shownu says as he holds Wonho's shoulder "Hyungwon is just saying that you should give Changkyun a chance. No. Mercy had been over a long time ago, whatever hurt you have, you should let it go" 

"Ahem!" Hongsik-manager clears his throat to get their attention "you guys, i think the main problem is that Changkyun still feels like an outsider. Maybe that's why he's thinking of quitting."  he turns to Wonho and says "you should come with me to the hospital tomorrow,  and see how Changkyun is doing"

"i really don't wanna" Wonho says

"i wasn't asking"

-----------------

The following day, Wonho had beed dragged away (quite literally)  by the manager to go see Changkyun. 

They arrived at the hospital but curiously, they didn't go straight to Changkyun's room. Instead, the manager lead him to a facility on the first floor. The room looked like a gym, with lots of equipments for exercise inside, the sign outside read "rehabilitation center".  Wonho took a quick glance around the room before his gaze falls on a familiar brown fluffy hair far across the other side of the room.

The kid was standing up with crutches on both hands, trying to walk with said devices.  He almost falls down but quickly regains his balance and tries to  walk again. Upon closer inspection,  his hospital gown was soaked in sweat, his bangs were sticking to his forehead and he was breathing qyite heavily. 

Why are you trying so hard? 

the nurse says something to the kid, he refuses at first,  vehemently shaking his head, but eventually gives in. The nurse brings in a wheelchair and he sits on it and he is wheeled out of the room.

"what did you think" Hongsik asks

"what do you mean?" Wonho replies. what? Was i supposed to feel sorry for him? Is that why i was brought here? Coz, yeah he looked pitiful and sad and lonely.  And for a second all i wanted to do was hug him and hold him close. And maybe i had to stop myself from rushing over to his side when he almost fell over. Wait. What? What am i thinking?  I dont like the kid! I dont. Right?  

he frowns as he thinks about how he feels about changkyun, but is quickly brought out of his thoughts by his manager's voice

"he wanted to start rehab early. The doctor didn't want to let him at first, but every time the doctor visited him, he pleaded to start rehab" Hongsik explains

"then why would he want to quit?" Wonho found himself asking 

"you tell me".

 

----=----=----------

Waaaaah.... Such a long chapter.... So then everyone likes him.... But maybe No one actually bothered to tell him that? 

The end is near!!!! Ahihihi.... Will Changkyun quit or will he stay? Will Wonho finally be honest with his feelings? 

Will i finish this before the month ends?

Who's excited for their comeback?

Also,  the teaser photo with the car, initially it was just IM then other members were added.... Was it like the sequence of them getting close to IM in real life????