Second sight

Love at fourth sight?

Wonho catches the kid sitting by himself on the stairwell. He doesn't notice the ice pack on his leg at first, he just saw that the kid was staring off into the distance (like an idiot, might he add). 

As he approaches the younger, to berate him for the clumsy movements on stage, he catches a glimpse of the blue ice pack. 

is he hurt? he thinks to himself,  of course he's hurt, , hence the ice pack.

He gets closer to the younger, until finally the kid looks up to him, surprise clearly written on his face.

"w-wonho-hyung?" Changkyun says, as he tries (tries being the operative word- but he fails) to conceal the ice pack in his hand.

"you've been gone for a while, the others want to do a quick rehersal in the dressing room" Wonho says as he tries not to look at the younger's leg.

"okay, I'll be there in a sec" the kid replies,  wonho stares down at the younger,  wondering if he should ask about his leg, but then again he doesn't really care if the kid is hurt, it's probably just a leg cramp anyways, right? 

"you don't have time to lounge around and relax like this. You're the worst dancer in the group. Your moves during the rehearsal stage was clumsy, and during the prerecording you were off your position. Put in more effort or else just quit the group, you're just dragging us down" Wonho states, he turns his back on the younger and heads back to the dressing room.

He plops on the couch, and frowns, his chest was feeling heavy and his gut had this weird twisting sensation.  For a second he thought he was having a heart attack, but he was too young and too fit to actually have a heart attack.  Was he actually feeling bad for the kid? Impossible!  But maybe he was feeling.... Guilty?

But he only said the truth. The kid was an eye sore since day 1. Always stuttering,  always slow on learning the choreography,  plus he was playing the victim card way too long. If he really wanted to fit in, he'd have found ways to get closer to the members. 

Yup, Wonho thinks the kid should just leave the group.

As he was sitting on the couch for a good few minutes, he sees the kid enter the room. 

"Finally decided to grace us with your presence, eh?" he says pointedly at Changkyun, "we're sooooo, honored that you've finally arrived to practice with us" he continues. 

Changkyun continues to keep his head down, walking slowly towards the others. 

"Changkyun-ah, come on, let's quickly run through the choreo again, yeah?" Jooheon calls out, he didn't want to have Wonho go on and on about how Changkyun is lazy and stuff. After working with IM for a few months, Jooheon knows he's earnest and diligent,  sometimes too diligent.  And although he wants to get the maknae to open up to him more, it's hard when their beginning was the worst possible encounter. 

Changkyun shuffles towards Jooheon, eyes still fixed on the floor, until Jooheon taps him on the shoulder "kiddo,  let's get the timing right,okay?" the elder flashes his signature dimples and counts to the beat of their song.

Wonho watches them from across the room, he felt his chest tight and his face heat up with anger. Why was Jooheon all of a suddem being nice to the kid? For some reason, the image of the two practicing together looked all wrong to Wonho, and he knew it's because the kid didn't belong with them.