Wonshik Part 2

Aurora

~back when Wonshik and N were 7 years old~
(back then wonshik was still human)
"Hi there! Are you alone?" a boy walked up and stopped beside me by the sand pit. I looked up to find a boy who looks my age. "Hello." I stood up, dusting my sandy hands on my pants and explained. "I'm alone today. My mother has to bring my sister to the doctor." "I'm alone today too, my mother gave me permission to go to the playground, all by myself because I'm a big boy now!" the boy exclaimed beeming proudly. "Do you want to be friends? Because I want to be your friend! Your colour is all bright yellow and oranges. It reminds me of the sun! And I really like the sun!" he added extending his hand, introducing himself "I'm Cha Hakyeon by the way." I was confused as to what Orange and yellow he was talking about and looked around. I was wearing blue and green, nothing yellow and orange. He must be seeing things…what a weirdo…but I like weird so that's okay. "I'm wonshik!" I replied taking the hand in my own and shaking it. After that we talked and played for a very long time before a lady came over, "Hakyeon-ah it's time to go home." he stood up and smiled at me, holding her hand tightly. "Okay, mummy. Bye Wonshikkie, I'll see you again." and he skipped home with his mother. I was left alone again. 

I dusted my sandy hands and made my way home as the sun came down. I opened the door and found my mother with the dinner laid out nicely on the table, "oh Wonshik-ah, just in time for dinner. I was about to go to the playground to find you. Sorry I couldn't follow you to the park today, did you have fun?" she smiled and came to carry me to the sink to wash my hands. "Mhm-hmm!" I beamed back. That was when my younger sister, who still has the fever patch on her forehead waddled out of her room and into my tiny arms. "Aww, your sister misses you." my mother cooed and came over to pat us both on the head. My father soon returned loosening his tie as he went over to give mother a quick peck on the lips and settled down.

~end~

Good Times… if it wasn't because of that accident. Maybe I wouldn't be in this mess…maybe I'd still be at home happily eating dinner with my family. Why, why was I the sole survivor. Everyone else, including my lovely sister passed. 

Before I even noticed, I was crying again, wetting the sleeves of my shirt as I silently sobbed with my head in my arms. "Shik-ah" that familiar soft voice called. As he rubbed gentle circles on my back. "I'm sorry, I wasn't..I wasn't thinking straight…I shouldn't have shouted. I was having a headache and I had a lot in my head and I was…" I cut him off by hugging him and sobbed even harder into his shoulders. He seemingly got the hint and stopped rambling while he continued his soft back rubs and "It's okay"s and I stopped crying after a good 5 minutes.

"You okay now? Want some hot chocolate?" he pulled away giving me a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder. I looked up at him, sniffling my last sobs and nodded at him, pulling the plate of spaghetti still sitting on the table, removing the cling wrap and slowly ate. I looked at his back view as he boiled the water for the hot coco busying himself by pulling 3 mugs off the shelves. He almost…just almost reminded me of how much I missed my mother.

Just then Jaehwan stumbled into the kitchen with a fever patch on his forehead and slumped over the table. "I am sooooooo sick right now…" he mumbled and coughed a few times. Hakyeon chuckled from the side, "I know kiddo, I'm making you some nice warm ginger tea, you'll feel better in no time. Plus, I told you to stay in bed. Why did you crawl all the way over here for?" Jaehwan sighed, "my room is boring and I heard Wonshikkie returned home so I wanted to see how he was doing!" he came over to me and rested his head on my shoulder. "Aww, look at cute little Jaehwannie missing dear Wonshikkie here." Hakyeon smiled and looked at us. The kettle behind him chirped, alerting the latter of the boiling water. He switched it off and skillfully made 2 cups of hot coco and a cup of ginger tea. 

I took the hot coco from Hakyeon's hands and sipped at it slowly. Looking at the whining Jaehwan as he flinched at how spicy the ginger tea was. I laughed at how silly he looked and Hakyeon shot him a face that screams "don't be ungrateful, I made you tea!" Who am I kidding….this is my family now. This is all the family I need.


That fateful day…(Author's POV)
"Mummy, where are we going?" curious 12 year old Wonshikkie asked scratching his head as he played with the seat belt in his hand. "It's a surprise, you'll see, I'm sure the both of you will love it!" his mother replied looking lovingly at her husband. "That's right kiddos, we've been planning this since last year. Your mother and I are really excited about this trip." his father smiled and placed a reassuring hand on his mother's lap. His sister now eight years old sitting beside him playing with her Barbie doll. "Oppa, where do you think we're going? Mummy and daddy makes it sound so fun!" she asked looking up at him with those sparkling eyes. "Yeah it sounds awesome doesn't it?" he replied ruffling her hair and she scrunched up her nose adorably. "Don't mess up my hair, mummy said young ladies need to have neat hair in order for me to meet my prince charming." she said proudly before straightening herself and her messed up hair.  He laughed heartily at his sister's cute gesture. Little did he know how short lived that happiness would be. 

Loud horns were blaring and headlights were streaming in from all directions. There was a bright flash of lights and both cars flipped. The people inside each car tumbled their bodies held the seat belt taut preventing them from flying out of the car.

[crash] 

Then everything fell silent cars behind the two stopped many stepped out of their cars and watched, some frantically dialling for the ambulance with their phone. The ambulance came shortly after, alarms blaring to alert people of the emergency. "There's a boy here, still breathing! Stretcher!" a paramedic shouted. "There's a lady here, losing blood fast!" another shouted. As the paramedic came closer he saw that Lotte world brochure she was tightly clutching.

-----

"A family of four got caught up in an accident today at the expressway close to…… There were 3 deaths and left a boy critically injured, the likely cause for this accident is……investigations will be conducted. In another news…" the news reporter reported.

Soon news got around town that Wonshik's family was the family in the accident and Hakyeon ran with all his might to the hospital.

-Hakyeon's POV-
When I first entered the hospital, I saw Wonshik lying there on the bed, unmoving the uv drip connected to his fore arm as the machine beeped at a slow constant pace. The only indication that he was still alive was the beeping machine. His breathing was weak, his soul now barely visible if I squint. The person I spent the last 5 years befriending is now on the brink of death. Beside the bed sat a familiar figure, "woon-ah." I called out and the boy turned to look at me, eyes already teary. "I-I saw everything that night. I saw what happened right before my eyes and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I had a vision, but when I got to his house….I-it was too late. I-I could've prevented, I had…" he choked, on the brink of bursting out into tears blaming himself for the whole accident. I ran over and held him in my arms and he sobbed into my shirt, letting all the guilt and the pain out. "Shh, it's okay woon-ah, it's not your fault, shhh" I tried, rubbing soothing circles into his back as tears threaten to fall from my own eyes. 

"You know it's not going to be okay! He's dying, and you know that! I saw us pulling the plug on the machine as the doctor announce his time of death…I saw it all." he exclaimed, revealing his pain and frustration. Then he continued, voice now barely above a whisper. " We were both crying so much, we became so broken, I don't want to see you like that and I-I can't…I can't just watch him die. I think I did something we'll both regret yeon-ah. I…I…" I held him tighter in my embrace, and looked into his tear filled brown orbs, "it's okay woon-ah, tell me what happened, it's okay." I tried to sound as calm as possible but my heart was racing at the possibilities that could happen. He was a necromancer after all…he had so many gifts and talents related to the dark and a part of me was afraid…so very afraid. "I…I made a deal with the grim reaper to keep him alive, but in order for that to happen, he must become a cursed, and the grim reaper gets to choose which cursed he becomes…I'm worried…what if that deal ruins his life? I can't…" Taekwoon said, voice hoarse from the crying. I nodded at that then I remembered, "payment?" I asked cautiously, having known Taek for so long, I knew every agreement came with a price. "5 years of my life." he added almost nonchalant about having his life shortened. "What! You should have discussed with me, we could've split the payment! He is my friend too and so are you, I can't see you just get your life cut short and me not being able to do anything." I spoke back lifting my voice just a little louder to voice my concern. 

Then a black smoke clouded the area and time seemingly stopped in the hospital, everything was still except for me and Taekwoon. "Well well well, what do we have here? A bunch of sappy boys who are arguing about saving their friend? If you want to split payment, I can do that. " the voice echoed out of the dark robe that was clanned on this figure, the face cannot be seen due to the darkness in the hood. He raised his scythe and I instantly felt a force being dragged out of me there was a white glow around the scythe and numbers appeared on the blade. The numbers kept going up till it reached 2.5 and the force disappeared. I looked back at Taek and I saw that same glow in him as 2.5 appeared on his forehead. "There, happy now?" he laughed, as if he was mocking me. Then he loomed over Wonshik, "So this is the boy you spoke about?" he questioned, head turning to look at Taek and he nodded in response. "Hahahahah, I expected more from you Leo. So pathetic, being controlled by petty emotions." the reaper spat, venom in his voice. "Shame, the higher ups were so sure you were suppose to be the emotionless one, guess they were wrong." he chuckled now moving towards Taek, lifting his face with the scythe in his hand, examining his features. "What a joke, they had so much faith in you, little boy." he scoffed then hovered back over to Wonshik. "I'm gonna make him an incubus, hahahhahaha I hope you know what that means. The demon of lust, he won't survive a month without the consumption of human souls. Ironic, how I'm giving him life, but I'm removing the right for him to live a normal one. However, that's not my fault, because this is what you wanted, Leo." his voice lowered, dark and coated with poison as he spoke. He took his scythe and pierced it into Wonshik's chest and twisted it, lifting the human soul up with him. That beautiful orange and yellow surrounded the grim reaper, that colour that I grew to love, danced around happily then disappeared, replaced by a warm pink glow. "Let me introduce you to Ravi, he's the warmest of the incubus, the only one who has feelings and emotions…this is the least I can do. Lets just hope your dear friend here gets along with him shall we." he spoke, voice slightly more cheerful now. "I'll get going, see you again another time Leo." and the black cloud vanished. "Wh-what…what have I done?" Taek looked at the unmoving Wonshik on the bed then held himself closer to me. That was the hardest I saw him cry. 

The day after that, he changed. He closed up on himself and refuse to speak to anybody, his face took on a stoic look and he no longer displayed the necessary emotions unless we were alone. Wonshik on the other hand, was uncontrollable and very very furious. He didn't understand why Taek did what he did and he didn't like the new life he was given. He absolutely detests Ravi… but that warm pink glow reminded me so much of that old orange yellow hue that Wonshik had and I just had to take it upon myself to make sure he gets his life back on track.

 

--------------

sooo I'm back after a month...my exams ended not too long ago and i just couldn't leave this story hanging...so I decided to finish up Wonshik's back story. I hope my writing didn't get too rusty over the month. This is probably one of the longest chapters I've written and I hope its not too confusing cause I keep jumping in and out of time zones. Any questions feel free to ask in the comments...and since all the characters are revealed, the next chapter will be a character list and that same list will get updated as the story moves along...that is if I introduce more people into the story *winks*...Also...I think I must've unknowingly changed my writing system slightly...I'm really sorry if I made anyone feel lost...if there are any suggestions on how to improve do feel free to share.

Anyways, comments are loved, so please leave me some~

okay...bye