Begins

Aurora

The format of this story might get a little confusing so I thought I should clear things up in the beginning. The narator is the voice you hear in your head, the italics are dreams and visions. The bold are internal dialogues that you have with the voice in your head. The asterisks are the colours you see.The format might change as the story progresses or if it gets too confusing. The vixx members will be introduced one by one...and this is the first one. The first few chapters are going to be a bit dry due to introductions and stuffs...but thank you for stopping by! I hope you guys will enjoy the story and comments are loved!! Okay bye.

------------------------

"Mummy look! Isn't that beautiful? Its like a moving rainbow painting the sky!" A 5 year old me shared excitedly to my mother who was now chuckling beside me. "Yes darling, that's the aurora borelis (northern lights). This natural phenomenon is another part and parcel that makes this world such a beautiful place. Just like you are to me, Aurora" I looked up at her and smiled. Thats when I saw a vision? Mummy and daddy were discussing something "it's time we went back dear, she needs to know…." and the vision vanished.

"Aurora, honey it's time to wake up! Wouldn't want to be late on the first day would we?"  The familiar voice of your mother broke the morning silence. You slowly opened your eyes to adjust them to the fresh morning light streaming in from the tiny gaps in between your semi translucent curtains.

It's been a little less than a week since you moved to Seoul, Korea since your dad's company decided to post him here. Picking up the language wasn't an issue since your mother was korean and taught you the language ever since you were a child. It was school that was going to take a toll on you, you did after all enroll in one of the more prestigious universities out there.

You pushed off your blankets and left the comfort of your inviting bed as you lazily strolled out of your room. You did the normal morning things, freshened up and proceeded to the dining table.

You were greeted by the familiar sight of your mother serving the porridge she made at an ungodly hour, while your father with toast in his mouth as he struggled with his tie. Your older brother sleepily took another spoonful of porridge still in his pajamas. Your younger sister already dressed and ready for her first day in high school. You took your seat wearing your best blue jeans and a plain white shirt thinking you should look casual and approachable on the first day. (hey,what do you mean thinking? I am casual and approachable!) okay okay, don't reply me while I'm narrating....its distracting. Anyway... You scooped some porridge into your bowl taking in the familiar colours that were greeting you.

Your mother's a bright yellow, a colour you would imagine angels to have, your father on the other hand had a darker more mellow colour, blue. Your sister's turquoise and lastly your brother a striking red. Ever since you were born, you knew you saw the world differently, colours would be surrounding these people. On rare occasions these colours would repeat but on most occasions these colours stay unique. Most of the people you see have a mixture of colours, a hand full of others are pure colours. Your family is part of that hand full. You saw your own colour once, when you 10, playing dress up in your parent's room. Indigo, the most dazzling colour in the rainbow. You never knew what these colours meant, you told your mom once but she never did get back to you why you saw the world this way. You didn't know if she was hiding something from you or she just didn't know why herself.

After breakfast, you picked up your bag and put on your trusty sneakers and proceeded to leave the house. School wasn't that far, only at 10 minute walk from where you lived. You quickly entered the campus and proceeded to the school office.

"Hello, can I help you?" *neon pink with dark yellow* you looked up and was greeted by a wide smiling admin. You smiled back and explained you're new and was here to report for class. She nodded still smiling and promptly took your ID card. "This is the time table for this term and this is a map of the school, study hard and enjoy!" she then went back to the computer at her desk. You took the map and started to move to the first lesson of today, Urgh calculus. (hey I don't hate calculus) I know but I do.

You went around campus, took a few wrong turns and ended up being late for calculus…you tried your best to enter the lecture hall as quietly as you can but I guess your ninja skills just wasn't up to standard because just as you step foot inside. "That Miss over there! Aren't you a little late?" the professor *grey dusted with a bit of yellow* voiced out using the microphone he was holding. You smiled slightly sheepish and found a random seat beside this guy*indigo*. The professor decided to let you off the hook after you explained how you got lost and proceeded to continue with the lecture.

Indigo
Indigo
Indigo

(wait the guy beside me…he's indigo?) you took a second look at him and as I told you…he is indeed indigo.

You've never met someone of the same soul before. Right when you were checking his colour out, he looked up and made direct eye contact. You quickly looked away feeling awfully awkward and that's when he went, "hey new kid, what's your name? I'm Hakyeon." You turn to look at him again, this time you got a better look at his face, his skin had a healthy caramelized hue. His hair a nice silvery blue, his smile beaming at you. You returned the smile and replied "Aurora, but you can call me Ro. That's what my friends used to call me." he nodded and continued, "nice! My friends call me N and you can call me that too...I mean only if you want to." I beamed back and replied "Okay, N!"

Well wasn't that awkward…(hey, I'm just trying to make new friends…) I know anyway….

After seating through an hour and a half of calculus lecture, it finally ended. You were packing your bag and ready to leave when N stopped you. "Ro, do you want a tour around the campus? I mean I don't think you would want to get lost again right?" you contemplated for a while and decided that it was best to have the tour. "Sure, thanks!" and we strolled out of the lecture hall together.

-half and hour later-

"….This is the library and beside it is the cafe. I think that's about all you need to know about this block of the campus. There's 3 other blocks but let's introduce them another day. What other lessons do you have?" N finished and settled on a near by bench and you followed suit.

"I've got 2 lectures one on organic chemistry and another on thermodynamics and 2 more tutorials and that's about it for today. Thanks for the tour though. I really appreciate it." you replied, genuinely grateful that someone was there to guide you through the place.

He nodded and kept the conversation going, "ahh I see, I've got one more lecture and I'm done for today. Mondays are good days for me, so…tell me more about you…any hobbies? Favourite colour?" you smiled back, "hmm, I like to cook, knit, sleep…nothing much…colour wise, I like indigo. Indigo is like the most…" and he promptly completed the sentence for you "beautiful colour you've seen?" you nodded, slightly in awe, it was like he was able to read your mind.

That's when he noticed the expression on your face, "come on don't look at me like that. I just happen to really like indigo too." and that's when the smile faded from his face and he turned to look at you and said in all seriousness, "look at that guy over there, do you happen to be able to see colour?"