Reapers

Aurora

Run.

I can't protect you. Don't look back.

You took off as fast as your legs could take you. They were catching up fast and at an inhumane speed, but you kept going, there was no time for you to hesitate, to look back. When suddenly a hand reached out and pulled you into an alley way. His hands carefully placed in front of your mouth to prevent you from screaming. "Shhh, they'll hear you." he quickly said before silencing himself.

You stayed in this position for a while with him standing behind you with his hands over your mouth. Your breathing fast, from the run and the adrenaline that kicked in. You observed from the crack that the both of you were standing in, as the three figures ran past the gap, one of them stopped, peering into the alley you were standing in. Your breath came to a halt and you stood as silent as you could. His eyes were black with no hint of white, he made brief eye contact before running off with the other two.

That's when you exhaled sharply, letting out the breath that you were holding and the person behind you let go, heaving the breath that he was holding as well. "Thanks for saving me." you said while turning around to finally look at your saviour. His soul was an enticing warm pink…it wasn't bright…the contrast was just nice with the dark alley. *pure colour, not human* his hair a platinum blond, his features were sharp and his eyes inviting and warm, but you could see some sadness, some pain…perhaps trauma.(Have I always noticed this much just from looking at somebody?) you wondered to yourself.

He smiled, "no problem…I was hiding from them myself man." he explained his voice was deep and very rich. "The name is Wonshik by the way." he introduced, extending his hand for a handshake. "I'm Aurora, you can call me Ro." you returned the handshake. "That was a close one man…" he sighed with relief as the both of you started making your way out of the alley. "Yeah…but what were they?" you questioned, confused and curious. "Oh, you must be new here huh. It started since a few months back, these mutated species started appearing, chasing and capturing mythical bloods. We call them the "Reapers" and they apparently work for some high up organisation of creatures, rumour has it that the creatures that are captured will get their abilities drained for the higher ups to absorb. One of my close friends has been warning me about them….didn't think I would be this unlucky to meet them today. I mean, I'm assuming you're not human yourself seeing how they were chasing after you." you nodded to this new found information and replied, "yeah I'm not human. Funny though, I was so sure one of them saw us, I even made eye contact with him…but he just left.." you murmured to yourself, but he heard you and replied, "ahh, I can create an invisibility cloak, that explains your mystery doesn't it?" he answered. "Oh…I see, I must really thank you for saving me then, if you don't mind me asking…what are you?" you asked. He laughed a little then said, "There's no need to keep thanking me, I'm an incubus, quite a cursed creature….wasn't born like this haha. Let's just say…I got into some serious trouble and turning into a incubus was the only way I could save myself." even though he was smiling, the pain was evident in his eyes.

"Oh…I'm sorry if I touched on something sensitive…I really shouldn't have." you regretted asking him the question and gave him a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder. "No, I'm okay. Now it's my turn to ask…what are you?"

"Ah…sorry, where were my manners…I'm apparently a seer. Just found out about it today too." you introduced. "Oh, so you're the new seer… one of my friends has been expecting for your arrival. I wonder if you've met him?" he asked. You looked at him and laughed feeling slightly awkward at what he was saying…(what's with me and boys today…feels like I'm meeting them non-stop) "uh…friend? What friend?" you questioned. "Oh right…sorry, forgot to mention his name there…Erm know anyone by the name of N?" he replied smiling sheepishly while scratching the back of his head. "Ah, yup. I've met him…he was the one that told me what I was." you explained. He nodded to your answer and suggested that it was time for the both of you to head home.

Right at that moment, he stumbled a little you ran up to him and tried to catch him to the best of your ability, you put one of his arm around your shoulder to spread the weight of his body. "Hey…hey you okay?" you asked anxiously, scanning his face to figure out what was wrong. "Y...yeah I'm fine…I just think I exerted myself just now…being invisible takes up a lot…of energy." he replied and casually moved himself away from your hold while supporting himself at a nearby wall. "Besides...I haven't been eating much…I don't think it's very wise for us to be touching each other…I might end up draining you. I should go." he continued and attempted to walk away but he didn't get very far before he stumbled again and slid down the wall that was supporting his frame. You ran towards him "Hey, you can't go off by yourself like this…not after you saved me." He looked up, his iris speckled with red mixed in that chocolate brown. He grabbed your hand by the wrist and brought it close to himself and inhaled. You saw it, a purple/indigo essence getting out of you. Slowly but surely he was draining you, after a good 2 minutes you struggled, but the red in his eyes just grew deeper and darker. You struggled somemore, but he isn't letting go. [slap] you slapped him on impulse and regretted immediately, he instantly let go, his eyes no longer carrying the shade of red. His eyes locked yours for a brief moment and you saw something flash past his eyes…was it a vision?

-vision-
"Wonshik! Stop, you're killing him! Yah, Kim Wonshik!" someone *a familiar grey* is holding on to him, he is struggling trying to move towards the lifeless body *indigo…!* lying on the ground. "Get a hold of yourself, don't do something you'll regret! Wonshik, he is going to DIE if you continue! Do you WANT him to DIE?" the man continuously shake him hoping Wonshik would regain his humanity. The place was dark, barely able to make out the lifeless figure lying in the walkway. But you could feel his every emotion. He felt desire, and hunger… The beast inside was hungry, he was clawing at Wonshik begging him to let out the beast. He wanted the body, he wanted food. That body on the ground was food.
-vision end-

(what was that…did I just read one of his memories?) yes, you did…you've unlocked the first ability…to read people's past.

[shove] Wonshik pushed you away from him, avoiding eye contact "I'm so so so sorry, I shouldn't have…I told you not to touch me…I could've killed you. What have I done…what have I done. I need to leave…I gotta go." he repeated over and over again cursing under his breath with each repetition. You wanted to tell him it was okay but before you could he ran off, unable to face you…guilt eminent on his face.

-Wonshik's POV-
(Ravi, what have you done…you nearly hurt somebody again. I really cannot stand myself if you keep hurting people. I feel So bad for her… how could you attack her! Why didn't you stop when she told you to?!) hey…it's not like I want to either, I blame you for starving me, I've warned you before… if you haven't eaten in a week, I won't be able to just sit down here and die. Even if you want to die, I don't want to…(I mean…I was going to feed you soon, I was just trying to stretch the supply…you know how much I don't like…eating…) I don't care if you're stretching supply, I'm starving. If you don't want the same thing to happen again, I would advice you to hurry home and absorb some of that fairy essence or the seer's essence.(Hey, mind you. That fairy essence is my friend and he has a name you know! And no…I'm not going to absorb any more seers) Besides, you know how delicious seers are…I'm sure you remember that day better than I do. (Yes. I do. So stop guilt tripping me. I really do hate you…a lot) you can't hate me kiddo. I did save your life.

 

-somewhere far away-
"What do you mean you missed?!" he screamed sweeping all the objects on the table on to the floor. "I told you to aim for the seer! You incompetent, useless slave. I'm going to get my hands on them even if that's the last thing I do."

 

------------------------

Hello once again...it's been a while. School was busy and with my major exam coming up soon I haven't had much time to think about how I wanted the story to go. So I've got a slight announcement...I'll be taking a short month long hiatus in the month of November to concentrate on my studies and I'll be back in December with more content and greater story development. More secrets will be revealed and more action will commence. I hope the pace of the story isn't too slow. I've been wanting to pick it up for a while...just haven't had the chance to just yet. And also...if anyone is wondering why Wonshik doesn't introduce himself as a.k.a. Ravi, it is because the incubus in him is called Ravi and let's just say they're not on very good terms with each other. Am I nagging too much? Is anyone still reading this? Anways thanks for stopping by and reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Feel free to leave comments on how you feel about the chapter and if anyone wants to fangirl/boy about recent comebacks, I'm all ears! Because recently BTS's blood sweat tears has been on my replay...and I'm also patiently awaiting for the release of kratos....okay I'll stop now...Erm...okay...bye~