Maroon

Aurora

"That's it for today, remember to do your assignments." the professor *blue with a hint of green* concluded. You packed your bag and was prepared to leave when Hongbin stopped you. "Wait, can we talk?" you shot him a confused look and he continued, "maybe somewhere quiet?"

You pondered for a while, curious as to what he has to say. Then you remembered, "maybe later? I've got a tutorial to go for…maybe when I'm done with my lessons?" you replied. "Ahh, I see. Okay I'll wait…what time do you end?" he asked. You slipped out the time table from your bag and replied, "4?"

He nodded then replied, "I'll meet you at 4 at moonbucks cafe? The one beside the library." you agreed remembering the cafe N introduced. (I wonder what he wants to talk about…)

-At the end of today's lessons-

[stretchhhh] (I'm soooo tired) you mentally remarked and looked at your watch. Current time, 4.05pm. You quickly packed up and walked towards the cafe.

The cafe was filled with the laughter of students as well as casual conversations. There, a seat of 4 by the window you saw, a familiar face drinking a cup of coffee. Beside him, Hakyeon and a new guy *grey, not human*. You remembered him as the person N pounced on earlier today and proceeded to sit down in the empty seat of the round table. "Binnie told me you guys were gonna have coffee, so I decided to join in." N explained sipping his bottle of banana milk. "Oh and by the way, that's Taekwoon, and he got dragged here by N." Hongbin said and subsequently received a neck slice by N.

You nodded in response and smiled at Taekwoon while introducing yourself, "Hi, I'm Aurora, but you can call me Ro." He didn't smile back just nodded and proceeded to gulp down the remaining coffee he had. Right when you least expected it, he spoke in a quiet voice "Leo…" and he paused shifting his eyes to meet yours and he continued, "you can call me Leo, if you want. It's easier." Then he waved for the waiter who swiftly arrived to pick up the order for a new cup of "latte" he voiced, and then stared at you expecting you to say something. "Ahh, I'd like a mocha, thanks." you quickly ordered, not wanting to hold the waiter up. "Don't mind him, he's just shy with new people." N explained, earning a glare from the latter, in which N just laughed it off.

"I didn't know you guys were friends?" You questioned, they look so close even though their personalities are total opposites. "Yeah, shocking right? That I'm friends with this noisy…" Hongbin started saying and got swiftly cut off by N's crazily chopping and slicing hands. From the corner of your eyes you saw a bright smile coming from Leo, as he enjoyed the scene of Hongbin getting obliterated by N playing in front of the both of you. However, that smile was short lived, as soon as he caught your glance, his poker face returned. Hongbin's laughter and N's chopping ceased soon after the return of the poker face and Hongbin started again this time more serious and sincere…"We met under certain circumstances…" and a sad look flashed across his eyes as he continued. "But that's a story for another time…technically N saved my life and I'm more than thankful." That earned a loving embrace and "awww" by N followed by Hongbin's "don't touch meeee!!!"

(what an interesting bunch…they seem so nice and fun….I feel like getting to know them better hahahah) what do you mean interesting? More like weird and noisy! Just admit it, you're just lonely and desperate for friends. (I'm nottt!! Stop finding ways to burn me….they're just really cheerful and I like that…I think people like them are necessary for me to get through this mundane uni life…haha) okay.That I agree…they're really entertaining to watch. I'll grab my popcorn. "Here's your coffee, enjoy" *purple with blue stripes* the waiter came and carefully place our coffee down.

"Oh yeah, I nearly forgot why I needed to meet you. Well, my abilities didn't really work on you so I wanted to ask if you were…a creature? But kind ole N here told me. Soooo….technically we have nothing to talk about." Hongbin spoke, breaking you out of your mental bubble. Then N stopped him, "I have something to say though, I didn't get the chance to say this earlier. I need you to be careful, not all creatures are…nice….and not all magic is desirable. Some can be deadly, and some can hurt you. Truthfully speaking, I'm slightly worried that you're only learning about this now because this means that you're getting exposed to all these threats without any means to protect yourself, and that idea doesn't really sit well with me." After finishing what he wanted to say he picked up your phone that was seating on the table and typed something in. "Here, this is my number. You can call me if you need help, after all you're the only other seer I know." You listened closely and understood where he was coming from. You know he was right, you're like a clean slate, no experiences what so ever with this so called magic and abilities. You got back your phone and stared at the new number, saved under the name "Your new best friend!" You gave N a questioning look and he laughed.

"That's not fair, she needs my number too!" Hongbin added and subsequently snatched the phone out of your hand and proceeded to add his own number, casually saving it as "The better new best friend!" you got back your phone and laughed at how childish those two were. (No wonder they're friends.) Leo paid no attention to those two as he continue sipping slowly on his second cup of latte.

After laughing for a while you remembered something. "I have something to ask. You remember how you said people with pure colours are creatures? Can I ask what these colours mean? Bright yellow, dark blue, turquoise and red. Also, this whole magic and protect myself blah blah…can I learn?" you questioned. N nodded and replied, "yeah…hmm if I'm not wrong, yellow is a fallen angel, blue should be something related to water I'm just not too sure what. Turquoise is tree spirit, and red.….should be werewolf. Why these colours though? And yeah I guess you can learn…if you want to."

"I see. My family members have these colours so I was just curious. Also…since you're a seeyer…no wait saier….no I mean seer….that's right seer…do you think you can help enlighten me? " you answered. N contemplated for a while….gave a slightly confused look than smiled…"sure, why not? I mean what could go wrong?"

You thanked him then suddenly a vision flashed across your eyes…

"Come on dear, it's time she found out. This world this magic, is so heavenly yet so deadly. She needs to know about it sooner or later. I need her to know how to protect herself. 'They're' coming and you know that too. I think we hid it long enough. Even Xylo (your brother) knows what he is already I don't see why we should hide it from Ro and Fey (your sister)" your mother voiced. You heard your father reply, "I know, but how do you want to break it to them?" Your mother giggled then added, "we don't have to tell Ro, someone will tell her for us. I can feel it. We just need to tell Fey." Your father remarked jokingly, "again with that divine magic of yours…alright, let's tell Fey."

The vision ended.

- At the same time (Leo's head voice POV)-

"sure, why not? I mean what could go wrong?" N voiced.
A vision of a few weeks later….

"N!!! There's fire everywhereeeee!!!! Do something with water or our house is going to burn down!" Ravi shouted from the first floor while the fire engulfed our basement.

(well….everything is going to go wrong…) come on Leo don't be so pessimistic. Just warn the boys and you'll be fine.

POV end.

"Guys? Enough zoning out here! What am I missing out on?" Hongbin exclaimed as he waved his hands in front of both you and Leo. "Erm….I think a video of my parents just played in my head." you replied and N smiled all knowing and explained, "it's a vision Ro". "I got a vision too." Leo added. Then both N and Hongbin frowned…."wait…who's gonna die this time?" N asked concerned. "Is the world ending?" Hongbin questioned. "House fire while teaching her." Leo replied like what he said was nothing out of the ordinary. Clearly, N didn't think the same as he exclaimed a loud, "WHATTT!" followed by a "That can't be good….we have to prepare water then….lots and lots of it."

We chatted for a bit when a black cat casually strolled over and leaped into Leo's lap. It was stunning, dawned with one hazel eye and one blue eye. It's fur sparkled under the light of the cafe. Leo slowly and carefully rubbed the head of the cat as it purred. "Awww, our Hyukkie is here." N cooed at the gorgeous cat as it crouched a little closer towards Leo to prevent N from touching him. Hongbin laughed at the scene playing In front of him as N continuously try to approach the cat. "He's a shapeshifter, one of our friends, his name is Sanghyuk but we call him Hyuk. Its easier haha" Hongbin explained. "Ahhh…I see…" you nodded then laughed at how much the cat is clawing at N to keep N away from himself.

After a while…N gave up on wanting to touch the cat and looked up at you. Slightly pouty at the fact that he couldn't cuddle the cat. "We start training next week?" he asked and you agreed. You guys stayed at that cafe for a while longer then decided that it was getting late so you parted ways.

Right when you were about to exit the campus and head home, something caught your attention. A group of 3 students, standing around the entrance.

They were just standing there and staring at the entrance, no phones in hand, no books, no bags…just standing and staring. But what scared you the most was the colour of their souls. It was a dark maroon. A maroon so dark you could've easily mistaken it for black, but it was shimmering gloriously in the evening sun. It looks so sinister but so very mesmerizing and you couldn't peel your eyes off of them, you couldn't get the colour out of your head. That beautifully enchanting, evil evil colour.

and from the looks of it….

I think one of them just spotted you.

RUN

---------------------------------------

Soooooo....this happened. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also, the next few chapters might come a bit slower because I've got major exams coming up...so I might take longer to write and brainstorm for a new chaoter, because my schedule is pretty tight. So please bare with me for a while. Thats it for today I guess, comments are loved! So please feel free to leave a comment. Ok, bye.