Chapter 2

Not So Dense After All (Reversed Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: bear with my mistakes or grammatical errors pls :')

a/n2: WARNING, a goddamn boring chapter ahead-

a/n3: but anyway do comment and upvote, u can also give me ideas ill consider them <3 thank you <3

 

---

 

Seulgi stops wiping the empty table to reach for her phone inside the pocket of her apron when she feels it vibrating.

 

“yo kiddo!” she shouts not so loudly while supporting the device between her ear and shoulder as to continue wiping.

 

“Seulgi unnie I love you”

 

“……..ok how much do you want?”

 

“no no no, not that!” Joy, another close friend of her slash co-worker, giggles, “I just wanted to ask you if you can cover my shift for just a couple of hours, I might be late because I have something to do”

 

“what? why? Your shift is in… less than 5 more minutes!” Seulgi pulls away her phone to check the time and she’s indeed correct.

 

“I know, I know… but pleaaaaaseeee?? Only this time unnie, I promise to make it up to my shift!” the girl from the other line uses her aegyo, which irritates Seulgi from time to time.

 

“uh… fine!” Seulgi sighs, giving in “a can of Pringles on you- no wait, make it three!”

 

“deal!”

 

“and damn girl stop calling me unnie only when you needed my help, you .”

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA THANKS BYE LOVE YO BABY BEAR-“

 

“wha- you’re the baby one here!” Seulgi fires back but it didn’t make it to the latter’s ears as she was fast enough to hang up.

 

Seulgi grunts, shoving her phone back into her apron to continue her job.

 

“Joy?” Wendy ask when she passes by Seulgi to deliver a drink. She may be the manager but her warm heart won’t let her workers do all the job in the small café.

 

“yeah- that satan got some business that she might come a little later, she said and needed my help on covering her shift”

 

“huh… but we ain’t got too much customers though, which contributes to you not stressing out… but not to my income” Wendy jokes, making both of them laugh.

 

As they were laughing, the bell rings signalling an arrival of another customer, but somehow they kind of knew who it was, the person who always comes around the exact same time as the days before to the café.

 

“hello unnies!” the kid shouts cheerfully.

 

“ohhh Yeri!” Seulgi returns the kid’s hug. She likes kids, especially Yeri as she resembles this certain Pokémon very much.

 

“Hey, kiddo! The usuals?” the manager smiles when Yeri nodded cheerfully.

 

“where’s Joy unnie?” she pouts, not seeing her favourite one after roaming around the scene.

 

“she’s going to be a bit late. She has a problem as I was told.”

 

“what?? OMG WHAT PROBLEM OMG-“

 

“kid, you’re just 14, stop trying to be 16-” The bear rolls her eyes playfully.

 

“who knows, must be a love problem” Wendy teases the kid, aware of her tiny crush for their other friend. Seulgi holds in her laughter.

 

Yeri blinks, taking a moment to process everything, until she slams the table.

 

“WHAT?! UNNIE HAS A BOYFRIEND?!!!” she starts throwing tantrum only to be shushed by Seulgi.

 

“Wendy’s kidding.”

 

“……oh..”

 

“jealous?”

 

“…NO”

 

“that’s enough, bear. You’re gonna scare her away”

 

They continued chatting, teasing from time to time (which is normal for them to do) with Seulgi walking here and there while Yeri stay rooted on her seat, eyes following older everywhere as they chat.

 

“say unnie, how’s your progress?” Yeri brings up a topic while munching her strawberry cheese tart.

 

“what progress?” Seulgi replies, not looking at her back but to her manager instead, Wendy looks around, after making sure that there’s not much work left to do in the café, she nods. Giving the permission for Seulgi to sit down with the youngest.

 

“what progress?” she repeats, fanning herself as she slumps next to Yeri.

 

“oh y’know… that new hot girl next door of yours” Yeri snickers. Wendy immediately joins them, seems that it had garner her attention.

 

“oh I like this one, yes please tell us”

 

The question made Seulgi slightly blush while the other two just giggle like a 3 years old child who believes in mermaid got a dolphin as a pet.

 

“I… I haven’t introduce myself yet…”

 

“WHAT?!” Yeri almost screamed, bits of her tart came flying all over Seulgi’s face.

 

“YERI WHAT THE -“

 

“oh my… are you serious?” Wendy was no different, she too was taken aback by Seulgi not breaking the ice yet.

 

“y-yeah” the bear wipes her face, “I’m shy”

 

“well that’d so odd of you-ow!” the youngest receives a knock on her head by the manager. “I mean, it’s not that I’m shocked that Seulgi unnie hasn’t make a move yet, but shouldn’t we like greet the neighbour especially when they’re new to the neighbourhood?”

 

Seulgi’s holds her breathe, Yeri was right. That’s like, an advance to break the ice between her and her new neighbour.

 

She feels so dumb but she kept it unspoken due to their .

 

“you’re right! She’s right, Seul!”

 

“…I know…” Seulgi exhales loudly, glancing around for more new customers in case they missed any. “I think I’ll visit her after work”

 

“that’s the spirit!” Wendy beams, her words contradicting to Seulgi’s current state. “oh and you should buy her a gift basket to warm up”

 

“how ‘but you bring back a slice of cake from this café?”

 

“… you.. you little SMART ! Yes, that’ll be lot easier!” Seulgi can’t help but to playfully ruffle the youngest’s hair, dashing afterward to glass display for the necessities, but not before almost tripping on newly mopped floor.

 

“I swear Bear unnie is so blind”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter