The Awkward Moment

Dumb-Luck Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know, I’m glad you signed the contract Seul Gi.”


 

I felt miserable already.


 

“Cause you know, for Junsu’s sake, for the guys’ sake. And now my sake!”


 

Boa Unnie took me ‘shopping’ in her closet for a specific ‘candid photoshoot’


 

That will probably be a picture caught by paparazzi the minute i start publicly walking and hanging around Junsu. Most likely that picture will appear on entertainment tonight, the media, and every computer that has access to the internet


 

“Now put this dress on!”

 

“B-Boa! Th-This is quite snug. I-I’m not used to this!”  I childishly whined as Boa was stuffing my head in the dress. Even though I would love to where the Queen B’s clothes, her taste is a bit too revealing sometimes. I looked at Riin. “ Riinie, say something.”

 

“Your contract forces you to dress the part. So dress it!” She was skimming through a magazine she bought with TVXQ on the cover. Who just so happens to have the biggest fanbase in the Guinness World Book or Records.

 

Makes sense, considering Boa, Riin and I are also devout Cassies to the boys.

 

“C’mon Seul Gi, work with me here. You need to have a decent look if you’re going to live with the guys. For one, start looking like a girl with style, instead of a girl with ripped skinny jeans all the time.” I saw Boa grab a bunch of outfits from her storage ‘spring/summer’ closet for me to try on.


 

Its already been a week since my life dramatically changed and Junsu still doesn’t know that I signed the contract. I wanted to keep it a secret; like a surprise almost. I told Boa and Riin about it. They were happy for me, but I knew Riin felt a little sad that I wont be around as much anymore. I only get to see her twice a week instead of everyday.

 

Home life is awkward, but it still gets better; the guys usually talk have ‘guy time’ even though im in the room. Videogames, anime, crude horror movies, which car model is better, which girl is hotter. And honestly, they ask me my opinion. Boa got used to it, so can I.

 

“You would look extremely cute in this though. The innocent look would suit you babe.” Riin browsed a dress rack and handed me a short marigold lace-up dress. “Just wear some leggings under this and boots.”

 

I ended up trying it on. And loving it already

 

“You’re so cute, I love it! Its not often I get to share clothes with girls, only with Yeon Hee or Ara, but they’re too tall. I need small people like me” Boa trotted back and placed a huge pile of clothes on the table. “Riin, try these on.”

 

“Oh- Uhm Unnie I-I don’t –“

 

“Just do it. You’re Seul Gi’s best friend. And her best friend has to match her. “ Boa shoved her inside the bathroom with a pile of clothes. “You guys love a lot of crop tops, parkas, jeans, and shorts so I found all these.” And like all hot celebrity stars, Boa grabbed a bunch of clothes that were neatly labeled ‘casual clothes; Guess/ New York, New York’


 

Of course she shops for American Apparel, why wouldn’t she?

 

I found a dark maroon lace-up crop top amongst the pile and instantly it caught my attention. The material was cotton silk; it was very soft.


 

“That definitely looks like it has your name on it.” Boa grinned and found some Louie Vutton black jeans that would match it perfectly.

 

I slipped it on with the black jeans she gave me and instantly it made me feel comfortable.

 

“Hm, I guess you really like the casual crop top look huh?” I nodded and Boa took out her phone. “Let me just call my manager to grab the rest of my clothes out of storage!”


 

She has storage?


 

Of course she does.


 

“Boa, why don’t you just donate or sell most of this stuff?” I asked.

 

She looked back at me and shrugged. “The company just lets me keep the clothes I sport in. And I always wanted to do hand-me-downs to hoobaes and dongsaengs. My older brothers would shower me with clothes growing up, now I can finally do it to someone else” She dug more into her stuff and I heard her gasp. “Oh, you should totally have this. Every girl needs to have a little black dress.”

 

And she handed me a strappy sleeveless bodycon dress.

 

In other words, a very club-like/date dress.


 

“Hmmm, I don’t know. This is-“

 

“Seul Gi, you’re a grown woman. Not some young girl anymore. Act like it.” Boa sternly stated and went back to fishing for clothes.

 

In a way, she’s right. Sometimes I forget that I promised myself I would change; at least for the better. And I hope there’s some improvement. Dressing the part is a first step though, thanks to Unnie’s guidance and pointers.


 

Riin and I... need a big sister around.


 

And we are very lucky that Boa fits that roll perfectly.


 

“So… how’s this?” Riin stepped out of the bathroom and I looked at her with a stifled laugh. The baby blue paperbag shorts and the white button-up brought out the ‘pure’ side of Riin. But ill admit, it looked cute.

 

“Looks innocent.” I slyly smiled.  So did Boa when she popped her head out of the closet holding her phone in her hand.

 

“Riin, come with me down to my manager’s place to pick up some more clothes that fit your style. Seulli, you stay here, Yunho is bringing me some prop stuff I left at the SM practice room before he heads back to rehearsal.”

 

“Yeah, yeah no worries.” I waved and held up the little black dress in the mirror to guess how it would look on me.

 

“W-Wait, I cant go out like this, E-Especially with you!!” Riin protested. “I l-look-“

 

“You look great. Just come with me.” And they headed out the door. I heard the door lock and I was instantly left by myself in Queen B’s apartment.


 

The dress was hot, I’ll admit, but where and when in the hell would I ever wear this? Yes, I suppose a date, but that’s never going to happen. And I highly doubt that Junsu Oppa will let me wear this outside the apartment.

 

I mean, I guess I can wear it on a Friday night alone if I ever want to impress and look good for myself.

 

“So… I guess now would be a good time?” I look in the mirror and clipped my hair in a messy bun and started undressing the crop top and jeans to slip on the dress.

 

And it was fitted.

 

Jesus, I need to work out if I ever need to fit in the Queen’s clothes. Being in the dress felt like she was a size zero or something; like an extra small. I couldn’t help but pinch my baby fat on the side; I felt a little bleh.


 

I did a 360 turn in the mirror. Oh it was nice alright. Unnie is right, every girl needs THAT little black dress, and I guess this would be mine. From the corner of my eye, I saw a nice pair of red heels that most likely had to match the dress I was wearing; I slipped them on and began to feel more comfortable in my own skin.

 

“I still really need to work out.”I shook my head and reached the back to myself out.

 

Then I heard a little snap and froze.

 

“This cant be good…” I cringed and saw my hand had a broken bent zipper. The zipper didn’t even reach too far down for me to shimmy out of the dress.


 

I was horrified.


 

Not only was I stuck, but my fat blob self just broke the zipper off of Queen B’s d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter