The Sister's Keeper

Dumb-Luck Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Riin started to cry, with no whimpering, no sniffles, just silent tears.

 

“Don’t touch me!” She hesitantly backed away as Seul Gi tried reaching out for her the second time. But this time, Seul Gi stared at her harder with those piercing eyes trying to let Riin know she really was the only family she got. It was pressuring Riin to give in and apologize.

 

“You need me and I know that very well. You do too.” She continued glaring. However Riin was pumping up the will to force Seul Gi out of her house- But her eyes were bloodshot, watery, and filled with hatred and more embarrassment. Just the way Seul Gi was talking in an attitude made her infuriated and filled with rage.

 

“If you don’t need me, then tell me right in my face you hate me and you want me to disappear.” Seul Gi’s cold words got to her and all Riin did was wince. “Say it! Right now!” The volume of her voice increased making Riin cower.

 

And even though Riin was the tougher out of the two, she felt like the little one this time. And she couldn’t bring herself to hate Seul Gi. “Just leave me already… I know you’re tired of me.” She shook her head wearily.

 

Seul Gi sighed, she quickly grabbed a brush and a clip to fix up Riin’s hair. “I don’t want to leave you and I’m not tired of you.” Riin faithfully didn’t move as Seul Gi started brushing her hair. “Through thick and thin, remember?” She chuckled and suddenly went to the kitchen- only to bring back a bowl of hot soup with a side of crackers. “Now when I come back from doing your laundry, I better see you eating.” She smacked Riin in the back of her head before leaving the room with a basket of clothes.

 

Riin only watched her from afar in the laundry room and sat on her bed quietly. She looked at herself in the mirror and saw a neat hair updo done by the one and only. “Neatly done.” The delicious smell of the soup ran across her nose and it caused her to look down at the home cooked meal.

 

“Thank you for giving me an angel.” Riin quietly said to herself as she stirred the hot soup with chopsticks.



 

“I don’t hear your idiot-self slurping that soup!” Seul Gi’s voice echoed through the house from the laundry room and Riin grimaced.

 

“Alright already! Shut up!” She stuffed noodles in and tried slurping out loud for Seul Gi to hear.


 

-


 

They were right on the dock at 6 o’clock at Naomi’s nightclub. Its A little bar in just in the outskirts of town where the girls worked.

 

“You always dress to impress, right guys?”

 

Seul Gi and Riin turned around and saw a couple of their friends sitting in their usual booth. “Why am I not surprised YOU’RE here RJ? Always mooching off of the baristas here…” Liyin served their usual drinks and some snacks.

 

“Its always fun to see you two. You two are my favorite chicks in the whole world. And I love seeing you guys work.” Their cheesy friend grinned and made his buds laugh.

 

“No more freebies.” Seul Gi ordered with a stern voice but smiled anyway. “Its good to see you though dude.” She flicked his forehead and continued serving drinks to the remaining customers in the club.

 

“It seems I came at a good time too. A lot of good looking girls, I see. C’mon guys, its time to go fishing.” RJ signaled his four friends to follow behind. “Keep the drinks coming honey.” He winked at Riin.

 

“Shut up you .” Riin stuck her tongue out and continued working too.

 

“Hey you! Stop patronizing my girls!” The manager of the club hollered at RJ knowing his flirty side causes the usual scandals in his place.

 

“I can take care of myself boss.” Riin pouted her lips and narrowed her eyes.

 

“Yes, yes I know you can. Do me a favor and go find Seul Gi.” She held a thumbs up to her bar manager and shrugged.

 

And just like that, her Seul-Gi-radar sprung up to locate a young woman wearing black skin tight ripped jeans and a white crop top with a little red waist apron. Her eyes skimmed across all the types of people; the thirsty older women, the innocent young ladies who didn’t know how to order a real drink, and all the non chivalrous hunters.


 

Soon Seul Gi, I will get a better job to buy us that house

 

Riin thought aloud the more her eyes fixated the details of the club. The spilled alcohol, the well off snobby customers, and of course, the fact they were fake ‘underage’ 21-year-olds working in a bar.

 

“Hey” Riin felt a pat behind her and coincidentally it was none other the infamous Seul Gi herself. “Spacing out on the job?”

 

“Phone Call babe.” And Riin took her tray full of cocktails off her hands to serve to the hungry cougars in the corner.



 

---



 

“This is Seul Gi.” I sighed as I introduced myself, wondering who the hell would call me.

 

“Pack your bags.” It was a man. Husky toned, a little child like sounding. As if he really did know me

 

I grunted in disgust and was confused. “Who is this?”

 

“Your savior.”

 

Again, I was confused. But the hushed tone sounded familiar to me so I shoved the phone closer to my ear.

 

As if it could get any closer

 

I heard a sigh through the phone, despite the amount of yelling and club music.

 

“You have three hours to get back to the orphanage, idiot.” I heard the guy chuckle and immediately my heart stopped for a second. “Well at least before our parents get here.”

 

I recognize that signature laugh anywhere.

 

Hell, his fans would.

 

“Junsu…what are you-“

 

“Im taking you home….” Is he serious? “With me, Sis.”



 

Dead serious



 

---


 

Riin and I took the bus home and we could not dissect the event of what just happened to me. Kim Junsu. Xiah Junsu. DBSK Xiah Junsu adopted me. I still cant wrap my head around it.

 

And so soon. So out of nowhere. I mean why me? Why? I was going to get kicked out of the legal system soon anyway. So why?

 

Was it because he assumed I was a damsel in distress that one day those thugs jumped us? Was he impressed by me?

 

I squeezed Riin’s hand. And I felt her squeeze back. She knew what I felt right away. I side-eyed her as she stared out the window and I couldn’t read the poker-faced trance.

 

Sometimes I don’t understand her, but im trying. I really am! That fight earlier at her house made me realize how lonely Riin really is. And as her best friend I cant come to her rescue ALL the time, or maybe im not the one she needs most. As I was watching Riin drift away in her own world, it made me see how far away I am from her. Standing tall and looking straight ahead of her. Even when im sitting beside her having a conversation, most of the time, shes just looking straight ahead, not a lot of eye-contact towards me. Its as if shes waiting for something to happen, probably something good, or maybe a someone…If so, I want that someone to make Riin look the other way, and make eye contact with them; Distract her from looking forward.

 

It hit me emotionally

 

Riin… What will happen to us? Will we be separated? Will I be living with Junsu? His parents? I highly doubt ill be living with DBSK.

 

“I know youre excited, I can feel it.” I hear my Riin’s rich bitter laugh.

 

True, I am excited. But guilt is taking over. Im more concerned with where Riin will be without me.

 

“I think this will be better if you go through this alone.” I looked at her in surprise ready to protest but she stopped me. “This is your moment Seul Gi.” Riin sighed and gently turned to me with a smile. “Youre finally going to get what you’ve wanted.” Her voice broke down.

 

“Ive always had what I wanted.” I looked at her, assuring her that she’s family. “Riin, im not leaving you.”

 

“Start thinking about yourself. Appreciate what’s happening to you, it’s a new chapter. It’s a way out of this hellhole. And when you can, when you turn legal in a year, come back to me. “ My heart started beating fast when her words started resonating.

 

Her lips pursed as she composed herself together. Right when I was about to say something, she pulled the bus rope; letting the bus driver know this was her stop. “Relax. I know that the great Xiah Junsu got nothing on me. “

 

“W-Wait Riin, how-“

 

“You know where I am Seulli.” She stuck her tongue out and exited the bus. I looked at her through the window and smiled. I poked myself out the window and grinned at her.

 

“You know I’ll come back for you.” And this is why ladies and gentlemen this wonderful woman is my best friend. “Who knows Riinie, I may have to take you with me so you can finally meet leader-jang.”

 

She sighed like a little fan girl. “Excuse me, Yunho knows im his soulmate. Ive stopped looking for him, I told you we’re getting married remember?” And she flashed her childish Sailor moon ring at me jokingly on her ring finger. Soon, the bus started to drive away and she coolly waved a peace sign.

 

“Wait for me, okay!?” I yelled out to Riin, noticing her figure getting smaller and smaller. I started getting worried; as if I wasn’t going to see her again.

 

“I love you too!” And she waved like a madman.

 

I sank back in the bus seat and smiled. Somehow, Riin’s right. I need to start thinking about myself. Its almost too exciting, thinking about Xiah Junsu.

 

Well, first I cant exactly call him that anymore, and second I need to get used to him being my brother.

 

“Junsu…Oppa.” Saying Oppa aloud was awkward. The only thing I actually know about super star Xiah Junsu is that he’s goofy, loves music, perfo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter