.viii.

c o m p a s s

i was still on his lap and were still hugging.

"do you think that everyone deserves second chances?" i asked.

"yes."

i frowned at his answer and it made me curious. i mean yeah some deserves a second chance but everyone? i know i'm the one who asked the question. i just want to know on what's his perspective in life.

i look up to see his face and looked to the side seeing the beautiful sight of Seoul. my ear was on the heart area and that means i could hear his heartbeat and i may sound weird but his heartbeat was very comforting to listen to. how can this guy comfort me in such small ways?

"why?"

"everyone needs a taste of grace. i know it sounds foolish but they need it. if you would take a step back, life is all about forgiveness. they could change and if they don't, never give up on them. no one walks on this earth without getting hurt."

okay, he is one deep person and i like it. it's funny that we just met and we're taking about life and it's mysteries. his answer made me think my perspective of life also. was i too hurt that i didn't see this side of life? suddenly, another question popped up.

"do you know the quote 'don't cross oceans for people who wouldn't cross a puddle for you'?"

"yup. why?"

"do you believe in that quote?"

"no."

once again, i was surprised with his answer. why doesn't he believe in that quote?

"why?"

"you just have to do it. cross the ocean for them. try loving them. no conditions attached. don't even think whether they're worthy or not. cross the oceans. climb mountains. love and life is not about what you gain, its what you give. i know it hurts but when you love all people, you don't even think about what you gain. you just give, give and give. life is also about loving."

loving and forgiving

life is all about loving and forgiving. suddenly, i hear his heartbeat beating fast. he let out a little laugh and rubbed my back then kissed the top of my head. he layed down which made me go off on his lap and lay down beside him. he pulled me into his arms and we watched the stars shine.

we stayed like this for an hour and talked about ourselves. he's obviously japanese and he lived in osaka. he loves to play soccer. he has two sister, one younger and one older. his birthday is on october twenty-six and was born in the year of nineteen ninety five, which makes me call him oppa since i was born just a year after.

"i should take you home. its getting late now," he said as he sat and so did i.

"no, its okay. your friends might be looking for you," i said.

"women should not be walking alone. they won't even mind."

"if you say so."

i must admit it was a night spent well. we arrived at the house and before he left he kissed the top of my head and bid me goodbye.

a night that i will never forget.