.v.

c o m p a s s

nothing

i have no results. i was now lying down on my bed, thinking where the compass may be.

-flashback-

"i would want to give this to you with all my love and gratitude."

i gave him a judging look as he put the compass in my hands. what can i do with the compass? everyone uses gps, who uses compass these days? is it even worth keeping?

"that is the last compass i had with your mother. she told me to give it to you when you're no longer a little girl. happy birthday, dear," he said as he gave me a hug and a kiss on top of my head.

i gave him a small smile, told him good night and went to my room. i took a look of the compass then put on the night standi closed my eyes and let sleep bring me to dreamland.

》*《

"WHO ARE- ARRRRGGHHH!!"

i ran out of my room and found two men running out and dad lying on the floor, bleeding excessively. my eyes widened at the sight and immediately called the police. i went to him and placed his upper body on my lap. he was coughing up blood and tears were falling from my eyes.

"dad," i whispered.

"seulhyun, did you know that compass has another word?" he asked as he cupped my cheek and gave me a weak smile.

it was all tears, sadness, and fear surrounding me. why today? why on my birthday? what did i do? if it's my mistake then kill me not him.

"compassion is the other word for compass. i love you by the moment you were brought in this until i arrive paradise, seulhyun."

everything went in slow motion. his hand dropped. his smile turned into a thin line. his eyes closed. his breathing stopped. i cried out to him many times but it was no use. he was dead. after three minutes, the police arrived and i told them it was too late.

after they cleaned up and asked for information, i went to my room and saw the compass. that's where i realized that it was not just any compass it was the last thing that came from both of my parents and now that they're gone, i must take care of it with all of me.

-end of flashback-

tears fell from my eyes once again as depression plans to attack me.

you'll only realized what's important until they are gone.