.vi.

c o m p a s s

here i am in han river.

still no compass.

i was devastated. whoever has it hopefully they'll return it. if dad was still alive, will he be angry at me for losing the compass? the bigger question is:

am i even worthy to have it?

it could have been seunghan unnie but why me? if it was with me i would have opened the compass and looked for clues but sadly, it wasn't. i feel so lost and empty without it.

i plug in my earphones and played it on shuffle. the song was just timing since the song compass by lady antebellum played. i quietly sang along with it and as the song ended, i felt a tap on my shoulder. i removed my earphones and looked up to see a guy. he beside me and gave me a smile, which gave me somehow this light feeling.

"anyeonghaesayo," he said as he gave me a nod and so did i.

"umm..."

"have you ever lost something that was very important to you?" he asked as he was looking at the river.

woah. i look at him then at the river.

"yup, i did."

"what was it?"

"a compass"

"why was it important?"

okay, i don't even know this guy but hey, a new friend wouldn't hurt right? besides he's gonna be my only friend since i have none back in school days and work days.

"it was given by my father and mother who are already dead."

"i'm sorry to hear that."

"thanks. i get that a lot. anyways, what's your name?"

i looked at him and gave him a curious look. he also looked at me and gave me a smile.

"i'm nakamoto yuta, and i believe that this beautiful compass belongs to a beautiful person like you," he said as he showed me a compass, which made me both surprised and happy because it was indeed my compass.