.vii.

c o m p a s s

i didn't know how to react. 
what to feel.
what to say.

"how did you find me?" i asked as he put the compass on my hand.

"you dropped it. i was following you so i can give you the compass but i lost you. i was looking for you everywhere for a week. i usually go here and was about to wish to the stars to meet this jo seulhyun but it seems like the stars had granted it beforehand."

i was surprised when he said my full name. i don't remember him being my classmate or anyone in my past. is he like professor x of x-men?

"how did you know my name?"

"well, your compass has your name on it."

"oh. i forgot."

he let out a chuckle. i guess i was too focused on having the compass that i even forgot the small details of it. i look at the river and wondered. this compass is like worth thousands or even a million won, why didn't he just keep it for himself? most people do that when they find something expensive.

"yuta," i said.

"hm?"

i looked at him and found him looking at me also. i just noticed how beautiful his eyes were. they were coffee brown. his eyes could seriously take someone to another world.

"seulhyun-ssi, are you okay?"

i snapped out of my thoughts and found our faces very close to each other. i swear i felt like the heat of my body and my blood just rushed to my cheeks. he smelled so good. his face was very close like gosh.

"umm, yeah. i just wanted to ask you something," i asked.

he tilted his head and gave me a curious look. he's so adorable.

"what is it?"

"why did you return the compass?"

"because it's not mine," he said as he smiled.

"well, you could've kept it while it was with you. if it weren't you who found it, they would've kept it and sell it for their own living."

he let out a small laugh, shook his head and looked at the river.

"every lost thing that i see, i make sure that i can give it back to the owner. i believe that every lost things is also a part of one's heart and every i don't like keeping stuff that is not mine. i kept a thing that was not mine and returned it after a week because i knew it was something that one really treasured."

then i realized that tears were falling. how can people like him live in this earth? he was selfless that greed couldn't get in him. his family must have taught him well.

"its funny-woah, are you okay?" he asked as he moved closer put his arm on my shoulder.

"its just that you're really kind, and people like you are really rare," i replied as i wiped my tears.

"awww....."

he laughed, pulled me on his lap and hugged me tight. i don't even mind. i really need a hug. four years of being hugless, i finally got a hug from a guy named yuta nakamoto.