Chapter 7

In Secret...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: This chapter is not completely finished, BUT I thought since I haven't updated anything in YEARS here yall go!!!

 

*BWAK*

 

Jessica’s hand met with Tiffany’s face as soon as she said those words. Tiffany, however, looked unaffected. She did expect the girl to react that way. She had keep herself composed.

 

“Who are you to tell me that. You disappear for weeks, almost two months, and you’re saying that I have to by your side 24/7?!” Jessica yelled out in angry. “ you!” Jessica turned around about to stomp back to her room but was stopped by Tiffany.

 

“It’s your father’s orders. I’m just following them and it’s more that I have to be your side.”

 

“Let. Me. Go!” Jessica shouted, trying to shake Tiffany’s hold on her wrist. She tried her hardest and even began hitting Tiffany in the chest. To which Tiffany let her. She knew Jessica wanted to hit her this whole time. Might as well let her pound on her chest for the time being. When Tiffany felt it was the right time she grabbed a hold of Jessica’s hands. Jessica huffed and looked at Tiffany with more anger, but then saw the bandages covering Tiffany’s hands. “Why is it do hard for me to be mad at this girl?” Jessica thought.

 

“Even if you go, I’m going to follow you.”

 

“Wow! You really are a stalker aren’t you.” Jessica scoffed, “Since when did you take orders from my father. Did he make you do this? Cause if he did, you don’t have to. He tries to get want he wants, but he won’t.”

 

“Let’s sit down and talk about this.” Tiffany said making her way back towards the couch. She looked back to finally look Jessica in the eyes. “Please.” Jessica saw the bags around Tiffany’s eyes, they were dark and heavy. Her eyes were lifeless, as if she had no soul, but her eyes also showed sadness. Jessica agreed and sat on the couch across from the one Tiffany was sitting on.

 

“Go on. What are you going to say?”

 

“I’ve been hired by your father to protect you.”

 

“Since when.”

 

“The beginning. That’s why I’m in Korea. From the start I was hired to ensure your safety, but obviously I failed. Immensely and I’m sorry.” Again, Tiffany looked away, “But that doesn’t mean I won’t stop trying to protect you. I failed and that’s because of my own shortcomings, but it won’t happen again. I promise you that.”  

 

“Why did yo-“

 

“I-I didn’t mean too. I-I can’t talk about it. Not right now. I’m not ready. You can ask me anything, BUT that night.”

 

Jessica glared at the latter. “Why is that? I have a right to know! Do you even know what happened that night Tiffany? You-”

 

“YES I KNOW!!” Tiffany burst. ‘Calm down Tiffany. Not towards Jessica.’ “I know…”

The one thing she wanted know and it was the only thing she couldn’t talk about. She wanted to throw a punch at the black haired girls face for being so stupid. Instead she tried calming herself down.

 

“How old are you.” Jessica asked,

 

“S-Sorry?”

 

“How old are you? Yoona-ssi said you were older than her and she’s 24. So how old are you? Plus to be doing this to a mi-”

 

“I’m 25.”

 

“25! Seriously, and what the hell is a 25 year old doing in high school. What hell are you doing here! Is that why you didn’t care about drinking wine that night? Is that how you got into the club?” Jessica was bewildered. Everything, Tiffany, it was a lie. “Is your name even Tiffany?”

 

“My full name is Stephanie Miyoung Hwang. People call me Tiffany. And to answer all your questions, it’s a yes to all of them. I shouldn’t have pressured you to drinking. Again, I’m sorry, for everything.” Tiffany looked into Jessica’s eyes once again with certainty this time. “I mean it. And no matter what happened before, I can’t leave your side. Not after what happened last night, it’s not safe for you to be by yourself. I…we don’t know what might happen to you. Especially after what we did to Tyler last night, he’s furious, who knows what he will do. So, I need you to trust me.”

 

“Trust YOU! Trust you out of all people. I still…I can’t believe this! What do you know what is good for me? What’s safe? Your protecting me from Tyler? Maybe my father should be protecting me from you.”

 

“Jessica you don’t know what he’s up to. His father and him believe it was your father’s fault for putting Mr. Kwon in prison. One way for him to hurt your father is to hurt you, your sister, and your mother.”

 

“And who is watching them while your watching out for me?”

 

“We suspect that you’re their main target, so Krystal and your mother should be safe.”

 

“Wait, wait, wait! Does my mother know about this?” Tiffany nodded, “Of course she does. Why else would she take such good care of a stray. What about Krystal?”

 

“Krystal doesn’t know anything and I presume she doesn’t know everything either?”

 

Jessica shot up off the couch and ran out of the door. Tiffany ran her hand through her hair and sighed. She got off the couch too and followed suit.

 

Jessica ran. Although her motto was to ‘never run now matter how late she was,’ she still ran. Of course, it wasn’t like she never really ran. She did soccer for a year, but she gave up. She didn’t have the passion for it like the others. After running for what seemed like miles, she stopped in the park. She was huffing trying to catch her breath. When she looked up she saw Tiffany standing in the distance.

 

“How did she catch up to me so quickly?” Jessica glared and and looked away. “There is no way getting away from this, is there?” Jessica sighed. Since she was in the park already she sat on the nearest bench and closed her eyes taking in the cool breeze.

 

Tiffany did what she told her. She sat under a tree, watching the latter from afar, like she always did. Tiffany observed Jessica. For a split second she looked peaceful, for once. Tiffany sighed as well. Mom, Dad… sorry for being the most disappointing daughter you ever had. How do I make things right… because there is no way. All I want is her to be happy. Then I’ll leave for good.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You weren’t kidding when you said that we would be together 24/7…” Jessica commented as she found Tiffany watching her do her homework in her room.  Tiffany just nodded. “You don’t have to always stare at me you know. It’s distracting.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter