Gift 1

12 Gifts From Secret Santa

I do not own any of the characters. This is for entertainment purposes only. Any plot similarities to other FF and stories/movies are coincidental. Character thoughts in Italicized, and Bold for emphasis. Blue underlined are hyperlink to photos of item described.


“Sh… Hurry hide, he’s here!”

“Go man, go!”

With a light push, the sunshine boy stumbled out from behind the corner to his locker, as a handsome young man entered the school building followed by squeals of fan girls.

“Wasup!”

“Oh, morning man!”

The Handsome man reached his locker and was about to open it when he caught a pair of glistening eyes staring at him.

“What?”

“No- nothing, see you later in class.”

“Okay, see you”

The embarrassed boy turned the corner and was ambushed by a bunch of angry classmates.

“You screwed up man!”

“Now he is suspicious.”

“Well we still have plan B”

“Right”

A tall slender girl, walked graciously towards the handsome lad as he took a mysterious gift out of his locker.

“Good morning, good-looking.”

“Don’t tease me.”

“Fine, Aaron… what’s that?”

“I don’t know… a gift from my fans I am guessing.”

“How conceited, how do you know you have fans?”

“Aren’t you one of them, Aaron Yan’s fan club president? Maybe this gift was from you!”

“We are called Bu Dings (pudding)! No this gift is not from me, why, would I even want to give you a gift?!”

“You want to give me one because you are my fan.”

“Stop being so full of yourself, you will never get a girlfriend if you keep this up.”

“You sound like my sister.”

“Well Mister Wu Geng Ling, I AM!”

“This is why I am telling you for the last time, I am not interested in getting a girlfriend, or dating anyone! Now go to class and stop bothering me. Also, never call me by that name!”

“I came to give you your lunch, my very forgetful GE GE(older brother)”

“Thanks mei, but go, NOW.”

“Not leaving until you open that gift!”

“You aren’t giving up are you?”

“Not until you get me a close to perfect sister in law.”

“You are going to have to wait a long time then.”

Aaron sighs and unwraps the gift. It was a fancy mug with a packet of instant hot chocolate and a note inside.

 

Aaron Yan,

Happiness is a cup of hot cocoa on a cold day.

~Your Secret Santa~

 

He smiles then looks at his sister who shot him a confused look in return.

“Looks like my business here is finished”

“What are you talking-”

Before Aaron even finished his question, his sister already left the hall way.

The grinning girl returned to the classroom where a loud cheer greeted her.

“WooHoo!!!! Mission 1A of Operation Secret Santa is successful!”

“Now we have to carry out Mission 1G.”

“Right, our little agent is here.”

“You are right on time, junior!”

“So what do I have to do?”

“Simple, just give this to your class mate Gui Gui Wu, but you have to keep us seniors a secret.”

“Okay.”

Gui Gui was seated at her desk with a crowd around her as usual. She was tutoring her classmates, joking with her guy friends, and making after school plans with her girl friends all at the same time. Being a capable young lady, multitasking was a natural ability. A small girl squeezed through the crowd and put the package down and Gui Gui’s desk.

“Someone told me to give this to you, Gui.”

“Really? Thanks!”

“Open it! Open it”

Her classmates waited with anticipation as she opens the gift. It was a fuzzy blanket with a note on top.

 

Gui Gui Wu,

Happiness is like a soft blanket that covers you with warmth when it is cold.

~Your Secret Santa~

 

Gui Gui scanned the room to look for anyone who might be this secret gift- giver of hers. Everyone looked equally confused.

Curious, Gui Gui started her investigation/ look out, in order to reveal the identify of her secret Santa.

The petite girl returned to the room where 20 anxious seniors all turned at the sound of the opening door.

“Did you do it?”

“Yes! It sparked her curiosity. I am pretty sure she is on the look-out now, so we have to be extra careful.”

“Thank you for helping.”

“I will do almost anything for our perfect couple.”

 

After School:

 

Throughout the day, Aaron kept wondering about who could possibly be his Secret Santa, and what is the meaning of this gift? He went to the student café, for the first time in his four years at Sheng Ying High, to get some water to enjoy his hot chocolate.

 

Gui Gui sat comfortably on the café’s sofa, wrapped in her new soft blanket, sipping a cup of hot strawberry crème. She thought of possible people who could be her secret Santa and how she would confront them, when a good looking guy walked in carrying a fancy mug and a packet of her favorite brand of chocolate. Strangely, she could not take her eyes off him- for he looked like an angel with smooth brown hair styled just right, a pair of clear brown eyes, a tall nose, and luscious perfect lips. She caught herself staring and looked back down at her drink, as he reached the cashier and spoke, his singsong voice, music to her ears.

 

As Aaron walked in the café a sweet faint strawberry sent greeted his nose and he looked at the source of the delightful smell- a girl wrapped in a fuzzy blanket. Just at first glance, she was beautiful, even angelic, with her rosy cheeks, silky brown hair that was slightly wavy, rich chocolate colored eyes, petite but tall enough nose, finely glossed lips which was curved in a warm smile that touched his heart. Aaron wanted to stare longer, but figured it was rude and didn’t want her to notice, so he strode swiftly over to the counter to ask for some hot water and a blanket. With his drink and blanket he walked over to the table across from the intriguing girl's and sat down. He picked up a book on the table and started to read, glancing up from the book every so often to look at the girl whom captured his attention.

 

Gui Gui held her breath as he walked past and sat at the table across hers. The strong chocolate scent lingered around her. He started to read a book his eyes fixed on the page. It seemed that he had no interest in her whatsoever, so she decides to give up any chance she might have to spark a conversation with him. She sighs, finishes the last of her drink, gets up, folds the blanket neatly, puts it in her bag, and walks out of the warm café.

 

Aaron looks up at the sound of the girl’s defeated sounding sigh and sees her leave the café. He puts down the book, hastily finishes his drink, and rushes out of the café to hopefully catch up to her, but luck is not on his side today. There was no sight of the girl anywhere. Dejected, he walks home.

 

Gui Gui walked halfway to the bus stop, and realized that she had left her books in the café and rushed back to get it. Luckily, they were still there under the mahogany table.

She bends down to pick them up, and a black coat catches her eye. She picks up the coat and a small note falls out of the pocket.

 

Aaron Yan,

Happiness is a cup of hot cocoa on a cold day.

~Your Secret Santa~

 

So Aaron is the handsome guy’s name… Strange, I wonder why he has a Secret Santa as well. The writing style is the same on both my note and his. I think we have the same Secret Santa. This is my chance! I will find this Aaron Yan hopefully work with him to find this secret Santa! Gui Gui takes the coat with her, leaves a note with the café staff and goes home brainstorming up an ultimate plan.

 

Aaron reached his house and realized that he left his coat at the café. I am tired, I will go to the café tomorrow to pick it up.